JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
THIS IS NOT A BUG OUT OR GET HOME BAG THREAD IT'S ABOUT WHAT YOU CARRY SPECIFICALLY FOR THE CURRENT THREATS.

What I am carrying in there now due to unrest and the virus:

I carry spare N95 masks and hand sanitizer in my car and a bag I take with me if I leave the house which is rare (I work from home).

I also keep....
Two 33rd pistol magazines
60 ounces of water
Battery bank
Trauma kit
Charging cable
Flashlight
Rain jacket in the bag

This is in addition to the 3 extra mags, flashlight and pepper spray I carry on me normally.

Things I'm considering adding in said pack due to civil unrest:

AR Pistol
Another trauma kit with 2 TQ's
4 AR magazines
A gas mask (just in case)
Baton
Larger can of pepper spray
A Byrna Pepper Ball gun (bought one recently, the videos of the tests look amazing, like a gun but shoots a pepper ball that upon impact turns into a fine cloud of pepper dust and has a very good range).

I'm on public transit most of the time. I carry what I normally do. Outside of downtown and limited areas in the SE Portland area (can't speak for Seattle) it's not any worse than normal.
If you're curious, I have multiple posts in the "empty your pockets" thread.

In all seriousness, I've just added some face coverings, hand sanitizer, and nitrile gloves to the stuff I already carry on me. That stuff is keys, wallet, phone, pocket knife, small flashlight, gun, extra magazine.

In my truck, I have a lot if the same stuff you mention in a small courier bag. A couple pistol magazines, a rifle magazine, trauma kit, small power bank and phone cord, raingear, fire starter, flares, air horn, bigger flashlight, batteries, and a handheld VHF radio. I know, its illegal to use a marine radio on land, but if I need it I don't care. I figure than many of the things that will cause major issues where I live may also disrupt phones. I live around a lot of water and many natural disasters tend to leave boats alone.

I seldom leave the homestead. The only special measure(s) is/are a mask. I do always take the 9mm, but that's nothing special or different.
Given that we live in White Supremacist Pastoral Equanimity (you know, 1/2 ac. min. lot size, no artificially transplanted social enrichment from the Blue Dystopia) I don't need to go into the BD unless it's for supplies or medical. There is nothing worth risking exposure for.

I bring a mask, just to get in the shops without harassment, not that I think it does anything. Other than that, the usual stuff. If I had to go to downtown Portland (why?) I'd probably upgrade my pistol to one with a double stack magazine, and a spare mag.

I guess the masks and hand sanitizer are new additions. Typically I've got a P30sk, spare mag, and a ZT folder. Most of the "emergencyl" gear I keep w me like food, water, sleeping bag, etc are for work.. all that stuff just happens to be in my truck ALL the time.
I also have spare boots, clothes, fire starter, back scratcher, cell phone, and coffee maker but again, it's all work stuff for traveling and potential break-downs.

20200625_225553.jpg

Nothing. Nothing different at all save for a much more "unhappy" demeanor. I'm tired of Karens and antifas and I don't mind using the 6' rule as a way to be rude and keep distance

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews