JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
WOW! That would be too much damn fun. Even having to pay for two NFA stamps on top of the cost of the damn gun what a blast that thing would be. :D
Yep I think guns like this AR shotgun and reliable AK shotguns (not saiga imo), are a different world than tube fed guns.

The genesis guns are ridiculously expensive Imo but AR controls woudl be nice to have. And "expensive" is relative to what you are comparing it to I guess. Fe a $1700 benelli it's not that much more. But compared to a $375 lynx 12 they are way, way more. I need to try bump firing the lynx 12. No idea if it works or not. I do know that a non-bump firing mag dump of a 20 round drum at 300 rounds per minute makes you laugh your arse off. :p

The '97 seems to have this nostalgic cult following, but its wrist is too long and too skinny for maintaining a consistent grip position in all manner of use.
It's all too easy to take a chunk out of your knuckle if your hand is not in the right place, and the 2-foot-long bayonet was fine for "real" trench action in WWI, but not so good for enclosed spaces.
It was fine for its time, but it's an antique compared to more modern pump guns.
I'll take the military version of the Ithaca 37, which uses the Vietnam era bayonet.
On second thought, the rare version of the Browning Auto-5 that was used by the British in WWII and by the Rhodesian forces was probably the best "fighting" shotgun one could want.
Giving up the bayonet was a small price to pay, and it could be used single-handed if necessary.

If it ever made it to market, the semi-auto AA-12 would have been a gonzo option.

1706981416095.png

Alas, the last I read, the BATFE put the kibosh on said at the last minute, by ruling it was a "machine-gun" under NFA34.

If it ever made it to market, the semi-auto AA-12 would have been a gonzo option.

View attachment 1814945

Alas, the last I read, the BATFE put the kibosh on said at the last minute, by ruling it was a "machine-gun" under NFA34.
In short, you can get a 12 gauge with higher rate of fire, probably same reduction in recoil, and less complicated/more reliable for about $500 instead of $20,000 for a complicated and unavailable AA-12.

Lynx 12, and possibly other aK 12 gauges, has the same rounds per minute or higher. I have timed mine several times (shooting accurately not just mag dump I mean) and it's faster rate of fire than AA-12. Also lynx 12 is $300-$400 instead of $20,000

The only "benefit" of that complicated AA-12 is it's claimed lower recoil. Putting a muzzle brake on the threaded barrel of lynx 12 or similar reduces recoil by 70% so I wonder if AA-12 would have any advantage at all over lynx 12/ other AK shotguns in recoil reduction.

Here's the proof for those that have never shot one:

AK 12 gauge semi-auto. Higher rate of fire (ROF) than AA-12 (this guy can shoot faster than I can):
AK 12 gauge semi auto. About same rate of fire as AA 12 or a little higher (I didn't time this video but it's about the same as my shooting ROF)
True full-auto AK 12 gauge. More than double ROF of AA-12 (possibly triple the ROF, I did not measure):
Muzzle brakes that reduce recoil by about 60-70%:

$60 gk-01 (SDS brand)
$125 V6
Also lynx 12 weighs 1 lb less and is 9" shorter (with stock folded). So lynx 12 is better in every way (perhaps equal in terms of recoil), is available, and costs 50 times less than the AA-12.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top