JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Interesting. So, if one was so inclined, it could be setup with:

• Traditionally styled wood furniture.
  • Detachable box magazines.
  • A weapons light.
Yes?
Yea but only caveat is weapons light on traditional wood furniture (unless it's mounted somewhere else than wood handguard). Reg aK furniture cost is probably $90-$150? Mags are $28 ea. Gun was $308-$375 but probably higher now as I think it's out of production.

Interesting. So, if one was so inclined, it could be setup with:

• Traditionally styled wood furniture.
  • Detachable box magazines.
  • A weapons light.
Yes?
Also what I would consider a must, must, have is a muzzle brake. No joke it reduces recoil 60-70%. Sds gk-01 steel version is $60ish. Aluminum gk-01 versions cost more. The v6 brake is expensive but reduces muzzle rise by up to 96% (no kidding I looked at 2 studies) but is less effective than the mk-01 for backwards recoil. Sort of tailor made for 3 gun I guess.

V6

GK-01(Mk-01)
FDB1F8DD-85B7-4ED4-AF51-0019732792EE.jpeg
473EEEB9-9161-49A6-9DD2-FD2B6007FFBB.jpeg

Also I was just thinking if you get 3 gun version which already has a rail then perhaps red dot (or whatever) and light could go on the same rail if using an offset mount. Probably would have to look at pics to see length of that rail on the dust cover. I could test fit it I guess I have 2 of the 3 gun type and 1 right hand charging.

One study showing results on a chart

Another study showing starting and ending position upward and rearward with no brake vs with mk-01 (GK-01)

Last Edited:
I have always had a soft spot for the WInny 97 trench conversions of take downs, super handy, reliable, tough as old boots, and they absolutely work, we keep one next to the back door for those rare moments we hope never happen! I have extensive experience with both the Mossy 500 series, and the Remmy 870's, both are amazing to say the least, and I am happy with ether one in hand, BUT, there are downsides to both, so a Feller or Fellette needs to know and understand those issues when making a choice! I don't really prefer one to the other, BUT, Experience has shown me that the 870 is the better choice ( For Me) even knowing it's downsides! I like that the 870 is as simple as it's possible to make a scatter gun, and I like that I can field strip it with out the risk of loosing any parts, not so with the Mossy, and I like that with ether one, I can ghost load them for that little something extra when needed! I also like that there are tons of aftermarket parts and accessories available for ether one, so that makes them near perfection in a scattergun! My Tricked out 870 is a Super Magnum with it's barrel cut down to 21 inches, and re threaded to take a screw in choke! It's fitted semi parentally with a custom made slightly loose modified breacher choke, so I can run shot, buck, or slugs and don't need too worry about pattern! It's fitted with bayonet lug and heat shield from the Winny 97 series Trench guns, and a 5 round side saddle shell holder, and ghost ring rifle sights, and Mag-Pul MS-1 sling! It's nothing fancy, but it's reliable, and pretty much bomb proof,, and it's accurate enough to do rifle things when those things might be needed!

During the LA Riots, the Korean Militia on the ground used 12GA pump shotguns loaded with birdshot to dissuade hundreds of rioters advancing on their neighborhoods. Aimed at the asphalt in front of the mob, the small shot would spread out and travel above the ground striking the legs with non-lethal force. The mobs ran away and lawsuits were avoided.

Of course they had Roof Koreans with rifles for overwatch.
That would have solved Portland's summer of love in one night.

My leaning goes to a 20" cylinder bore 2.75" 12ga pump 8rd mag and Remington 870 with my example being a Wingmaster with a 12.5" pull recoil pad and old school corn cob type pump. Its actually a very nice looking gun with the 1960's type checking on the butt stock. For ammo depends on my use 7 or 8 game loads for Jack Rabbits then #4 or #00 buck for defense and slugs for making holes.

I have a number of other options like my 870 20ga youth

I have been wanting to put together more of a battle type shotgun based on a 30" barrel 3" Rem 1100 with a full length mag. But got other projects.

All my life I always had a couple. Started to rely so much on PCC's I stopped for a good while. Still have a Win 1300 Police model that Wife bought me when we were dating so almost 30 years ago now. I keep it full of 00 with a side saddle of slugs. Keep a bandolier with it that holds 50 half 00 half slugs in case things go bad. The slugs I keep in case had to fire on vehicles. All the cars made the last several decades slugs would pass right through them. When it looked like we might have another season of love riots here a bit ago I bought one of the 590 Shockwave's. That I keep loaded with less than rounds with a side saddle of 00

Started to rely so much on PCC's I stopped for a good while.
Yah, thinking back on it, I've been there for better part of a decade. With pistol-caliber carbines and submachine-guns having been the fascination, the scatterguns fell by the wayside. Perhaps it is time to reacquaint myself with shotgunning. :s0155:

Here's my go to High Standard Model 10-A or 10-B. The 10-B has the removable flashlight. Designed for law enforcement in the late 60's and early 70's. Can be fired one handed into the bicep or right handed shoulder fired. Has a curved swiveling buttstock.

@wired should build a suppressor for one of these!

IMG_0660.jpg IMG_0661.jpg

My friend just bought a Mossburg 590 A1 at the Albany gun show yesterday. We negotiated a good price for a new gun, kind of fun.

Myself? I like my Ithaca Mod. 37 Lightweight with both 20 and 28 inch barrels. I keep the 20" on and if I need more than the four rounds, I'm in trouble.

I would call this my, "Riot Gun" MKA 1919, with Duck Buster Fiber Optic sights, if it wasn't so hard to load the magazines. I just about have to jump up and down on them to get 5 rounds in. It would really look cool with a 10 round magazine, but I hate to think about loading one. :(
With a Drum Magazine.... WOW ! Dead-Ringer-Duck-Buster.jpg
1705259122250.jpeg

Yah, thinking back on it, I've been there for better part of a decade. With pistol-caliber carbines and submachine-guns having been the fascination, the scatterguns fell by the wayside. Perhaps it is time to reacquaint myself with shotgunning. :s0155:
I have been VERY tempted to buy one of those Mossberg 930, or 940. Every time I see them they sure as hell look NICE

I don't know the year, but the one above is a 20 gauge that was full length and Full choke.
I had Velzey shorten it to 18".

edit: I just looked it up xx = 1951

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews