JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
Last Edited:
Interesting stuff. This was from the CNN article:

"An attempt to launch a nuclear-armed anti-satellite system into space would violate The Outer Space Treaty of 1967, which explicitly prohibits "any objects carrying nuclear weapons or any other kinds of weapons of mass destruction" in orbit."

I didn't know there was such a treaty. But I doubt if it would hold Putin's Russia back. There has been talk for years about the potential for EMP nukes deployed at various altitudes for different missions.

Russia is not the only player in this game to worry about. China has been active in this area but they are pretty mum on such things.

Stuff in space is difficult to verify. It wouldn't surprise me to hear of just about any capability that has been sent up there.

What amazes me is the amount of equipment that has been placed into orbit. Elon Musk's Starlink system has put 42,000 communications satellites into orbit. Does anybody worry about collisions of these things? Is there any thought given to some point of saturation, like when it all starts to shade out the sun?

Commercial exploitation of space has been going on since something like 1962. Is there any regulation to it, or is it just figured, "Oh, it's just empty space, we don't need any sense of order about it."

US Space Force. Now there is something that I've been wondering about. At first, I thought, "Wasn't the US Air Force doing a good enough job with that stuff?" Then I read that several space functions involving the other armed services were consolidated into the Space Force. So then I thought, "Well, I guess it's good that they are slimming down some of the military hierarchy." Then I looked at the organizational chart for the Space Force; I don't know about slimming. Because another massive hierarchy has emerged from that. After all, it is an alleged military service, therefore career paths must be created. Otherwise how is a servicemember going to make rank?

The new Space Force uniforms are a laugh.

What amazes me is the amount of equipment that has been placed into orbit. Elon Musk's Starlink system has put 42,000 communications satellites into orbit. Does anybody worry about collisions of these things? Is there any thought given to some point of saturation, like when it all starts to shade out the sun?
Reminds me of wall-e movie future earth space junk.

655FB216-11F3-40AB-8A4C-9CFD6BA6D669.jpeg
D16009FC-5BCC-4C20-88D7-4C12058FFA92.png

"An attempt to launch a nuclear-armed anti-satellite system into space would violate The Outer Space Treaty of 1967, which explicitly prohibits "any objects carrying nuclear weapons or any other kinds of weapons of mass destruction" in orbit."

I didn't know there was such a treaty. But I doubt if it would hold Putin's Russia back. There has been talk for years about the potential for EMP nukes deployed at various altitudes for different missions.

Russia is not the only player in this game to worry about. China has been active in this area but they are pretty mum on such things.

Stuff in space is difficult to verify. It wouldn't surprise me to hear of just about any capability that has been sent up there.

Commercial exploitation of space has been going on since something like 1962. Is there any regulation to it, or is it just figured, "Oh, it's just empty space, we don't need any sense of order about it."

US Space Force. Now there is something that I've been wondering about. At first, I thought, "Wasn't the US Air Force doing a good enough job with that stuff?" Then I read that several space functions involving the other armed services were consolidated into the Space Force. So then I thought, "Well, I guess it's good that they are slimming down some of the military hierarchy." Then I looked at the organizational chart for the Space Force; I don't know about slimming. Because another massive hierarchy has emerged from that. After all, it is an alleged military service, therefore career paths must be created. Otherwise how is a servicemember going to make rank?

Yes

"Is there any thought given to some point of saturation, like when it all starts to shade out the sun?"

Good way to prevent global warming.

A nuclear anti satellite system? I don't get it. What exactly is nuclear? It wouldn't take a nuclear bomb to kill a satellite. Presumably just a normal missile would do that. Its not nuclear power that gets a satellite into space or powers it once there.

???

A nuclear anti satellite system? I don't get it. What exactly is nuclear? It wouldn't take a nuclear bomb to kill a satellite. Presumably just a normal missile would do that. Its not nuclear power that gets a satellite into space or powers it once there.

???
A nuclear warhead set off in space would not be hindered by the atmosphere. The EM radiation would be omni directional and not slowed down as would one launched in the atmosphere. For example, the speed and strength of the EM radiation in the atmosphere would slow at the rate of twice the square root of the distance..Like an airburst at 200-300miles up. But if you set one off up there, any satellite not hardened enough within line of sight of the blast would be kaput.

We have effective defense against missile at reentry. We also, presumably, have technology to detect and engage at launch.

If russia put a nuke anti-satellite platform up in space, it has one purpose, to knock out our satellites and blind us. That would be prior to the real launch. This is a game changer and would fit the language being used today.

They are going to scare/lie us into another war. how Many Americans will they need to kill this time? The national security threat is in the WH

Reminds me of wall-e movie future earth space junk.

View attachment 1823227
View attachment 1823228

"Is there any thought given to some point of saturation, like when it all starts to shade out the sun?"

Good way to prevent global warming.
Geostationary altitude is about 22,236 miles above Sea Level. Note; "outer space" altutude starts at 62 miles above Sea Level.

Low Earth Orbit starts at 100 miles above Sea Level, and High Earth Orbit starts at 22,236 miles above Sea Level, ends at one of the Lagrange Points (beyond lunar orbit)

Edit. You'd need a ridiculous amount of mass in orbit to blot out the sun globally

So with the thread title of "serious national -security threat"....
Is there a not so serious national-security threat?...?
How 'bout a semi-serious national-security threat..?
Or maybe yet another fear based and fear driven blurb made by some dumbazz talking head for views on his channel....

Of course there is a serious national-security threat...there always is something out there.
This shouldn't be news to anyone.

Don't let fear drive your thinking.
Andy

???
Perhaps a nuclear powered particle beam weapon to selectively remove other satellites?

****Breaking News******
After a seconds long search for sources that only confirm what I think and want....
Has shown me that :

Vlad Tepes....

Vladimir Lenin....

Vladimir Putin ....

People named Vlad are bad.
All three of the above are named Vlad....Coincidence....I think not.
Andy

Status

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews