JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
He wants back territory that is historically and by majority-population enthnically RUSSIAN. That would be DonBas, and the east bank of the Dniepr. The Ukies, to no one's surprise who has been paying attention, have gone out of their way to discriminate and persecute the Russians in those areas. Altogether a messy business, and what sticks in my mind is the statement by Lloyd Austin that our purpose is to bleed Russia and weaken them. THAT has backfired and spurred the Russians to beef up their military preparedness.
Remember, the Russians purposely starved the Ukrainians during the Holodomor. The Russians have blood on their hands, going back ages.

The other factor is that the Russians in the area you mention were brought in by Russia purposely after they killed off the native Ukrainians. They did this to the Tartars in Crimea, too.

A nuclear anti satellite system? I don't get it. What exactly is nuclear? It wouldn't take a nuclear bomb to kill a satellite. Presumably just a normal missile would do that. Its not nuclear power that gets a satellite into space or powers it once there.
Yes, I was thinking about this. Isn't it conceivable that it would take some kind of nuclear powered device to generate satellite-killing power without detonation? Meaning, to get the device small enough to generate the amount of power needed, it would require a small nuclear unit of some kind. So that would be a kind of nuclear weapon, once removed.

Then I read this article:

It answered a lot of my questions about satellites, satellite killing weapons and so on. Including discussions of space debris. There are many means of disabling or destroying a satellite that do not involve nuclear devices. It contains information about deployment of hypersonic missiles from satellite platforms. Which might be used to destroy a satellite, but also for terrestrial targets. In which case, nukes might be aboard. The article is slightly dated, I think updated in 2022.

He wants back territory that is historically and by majority-population enthnically RUSSIAN.
As previously stated, this was the argument that Hitler used as an excuse for aggression. Putin-loving Right Wingers in the US need to familiarize themselves with the histories first of Imperial Russia, and second, the Soviet Union to appreciate how the "Russian" state aggregated so much territory to itself. If indigenous peoples of modern Russia had the same rights as they have acquired in Western countries, there would be big trouble for Putin. For one example.

There will be a time, not too distant, when much of the southwestern United States could separate itself, using the "majority population ethnicity" argument.

Putin is an unreconstructed Soviet legacy dictator. Yes, he wants to reconstitute Russia in one of its former grand empire constructs. As a product of former Soviet false grandiosity, he gags on realities that were imposed on the former Soviet Union during and after the Glasnost era. Therefore, he hates and resents everything Western. This, I believe is his primary psychological motivation. "Make Russia Great Again."

And how is this good for anyone living in the United States? It isn't.

Oh, one more thing. Putin likes to use asymmetric forms of warfare. Consider this. It might just be possible that some part of the southern border immigration problem is related to Russian hybrid warfare. It's known that Russia has engaged in this in Europe by funneling immigrants from Africa and Asia through Belarus into Poland and the Baltic states. It's a form of destabilization that fits well into Putin's wars to keep enemies off balance. So money used against Putin may not always be seen as money diverted from the immigration problem.

Elon Musk's Starlink system has put 42,000 communications satellites into orbit.
I quoted an incorrect number here. Vastly overstated; at present, there are about 5,000 plus in orbit. They have plans for up to 42,000 but that number hasn't yet been actually realized.

You'd need a ridiculous amount of mass in orbit to blot out the sun globally
The article that I linked above discusses this, some. Not only are there many thousands of active satellites in low orbit, there is all kind of out-of-service equipment and space debris. Which includes who knows how many tiny objects one mm or less in size, basically space dust. Which one would assume it all has an occlusive effect on the sun to some extent. Low orbit is where the majority of this clutter occurs, and of course which would be more occlusive due to proximity to earth. But not yet any substantial contributor to a darkening of the planet.

When one or the other owners of a space object decides it's no longer needed, they sometimes destroy it. And then, sometimes just to demonstrate that it can be done. I guess they don't yet worry about space dust. Like we now worry about air pollution. It may become an issue. The linked article above states that those bits of debris are moving at about the speed of a .223 bullet. When even a tiny piece hits, it can wreck a satellite part. Or something like that.

Yes, there are people watching this. There is a DoD agency that tracks all this stuff.

Yes, I was thinking about this. Isn't it conceivable that it would take some kind of nuclear powered device to generate satellite-killing power without detonation? Meaning, to get the device small enough to generate the amount of power needed, it would require a small nuclear unit of some kind. So that would be a kind of nuclear weapon, once removed.

Then I read this article:

It answered a lot of my questions about satellites, satellite killing weapons and so on. Including discussions of space debris. There are many means of disabling or destroying a satellite that do not involve nuclear devices. It contains information about deployment of hypersonic missiles from satellite platforms. Which might be used to destroy a satellite, but also for terrestrial targets. In which case, nukes might be aboard. The article is slightly dated, I think updated in 2022.

As previously stated, this was the argument that Hitler used as an excuse for aggression. Putin-loving Right Wingers in the US need to familiarize themselves with the histories first of Imperial Russia, and second, the Soviet Union to appreciate how the "Russian" state aggregated so much territory to itself. If indigenous peoples of modern Russia had the same rights as they have acquired in Western countries, there would be big trouble for Putin. For one example.

There will be a time, not too distant, when much of the southwestern United States could separate itself, using the "majority population ethnicity" argument.

Putin is an unreconstructed Soviet legacy dictator. Yes, he wants to reconstitute Russia in one of its former grand empire constructs. As a product of former Soviet false grandiosity, he gags on realities that were imposed on the former Soviet Union during and after the Glasnost era. Therefore, he hates and resents everything Western. This, I believe is his primary psychological motivation. "Make Russia Great Again."

And how is this good for anyone living in the United States? It isn't.

Oh, one more thing. Putin likes to use asymmetric forms of warfare. Consider this. It might just be possible that some part of the southern border immigration problem is related to Russian hybrid warfare. It's known that Russia has engaged in this in Europe by funneling immigrants from Africa and Asia through Belarus into Poland and the Baltic states. It's a form of destabilization that fits well into Putin's wars to keep enemies off balance. So money used against Putin may not always be seen as money diverted from the immigration problem.

I quoted an incorrect number here. Vastly overstated; at present, there are about 5,000 plus in orbit. They have plans for up to 42,000 but that number hasn't yet been actually realized.

The article that I linked above discusses this, some. Not only are there many thousands of active satellites in low orbit, there is all kind of out-of-service equipment and space debris. Which includes who knows how many tiny objects one mm or less in size, basically space dust. Which one would assume it all has an occlusive effect on the sun to some extent. Low orbit is where the majority of this clutter occurs, and of course which would be more occlusive due to proximity to earth. But not yet any substantial contributor to a darkening of the planet.

When one or the other owners of a space object decides it's no longer needed, they sometimes destroy it. And then, sometimes just to demonstrate that it can be done. I guess they don't yet worry about space dust. Like we now worry about air pollution. It may become an issue. The linked article above states that those bits of debris are moving at about the speed of a .223 bullet. When even a tiny piece hits, it can wreck a satellite part. Or something like that.

Yes, there are people watching this. There is a DoD agency that tracks all this stuff.
That's a lot of words there. Are you suggesting Russia is behind the migrant invasion? So, that would also require nearly everyone in our government working for Putin (or china), because it's our own government who is pushing the invasion.

That's a lot of words there. Are you suggesting Russia is behind the migrant invasion? So, that would also require nearly everyone in our government working for Putin (or china), because it's our own government who is pushing the invasion.
I'm saying it's possible that Russia has a hand in it because there is evidence that they are doing the same thing in eastern Europe. It isn't too hard to imagine that a foreign power might be providing money and agitation to hurry along an already bad situation. It's pretty clear that woeful living conditions in many Third World countries are the basic driving force. But an opposing foreign power might see a way to make the best of it to further their cause of sowing dissention and creating financial burden.

Our political parties have their own domestic priorities for permitting the current situation, unrelated to Russia.

Russia has a viable solution to dealing with illegal immigrants there. They draft them into the Russian Army.

I'm saying it's possible that Russia has a hand in it because there is evidence that they are doing the same thing in eastern Europe. It isn't too hard to imagine that a foreign power might be providing money and agitation to hurry along an already bad situation. It's pretty clear that woeful living conditions in many Third World countries are the basic driving force. But an opposing foreign power might see a way to make the best of it to further their cause of sowing dissention and creating financial burden.

Our political parties have their own domestic priorities for permitting the current situation, unrelated to Russia.

Russia has a viable solution to dealing with illegal immigrants there. They draft them into the Russian Army.
We could deal with the illegal alien situation summarily too... block the border (mine it and refuse the media access), round up as many illegals as we can catch, and deport them to god knows who gives a d*mn..

Oh, so one can just walk in and join the Russian military?

Status

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top