JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Most people that lope that mule often live extravagantly.. while carrying unnecessary debt forward.
Can't say that is right, or wrong. But I know how to rub nickels together. Only debt I carry is my house and a car. Both of those are lower interest rates than that money makes significantly more elsewhere.

I can pay my utilities with a check, an auto-debit out of my bank account, or through my credit card. The US Bank cash plus visa has a 5% category for home utilities.

So in my instance I can either choose to pay my home utilities in a way that I get about $20 back each bill. Or I can choose to pay a way that doesn't get me $20 back each bill. The utility company will charge me the same amount either way.

Same thing with my cell phone. 5% back each bill, or not, my bill will he the same either way.

Can't say that is right, or wrong. But I know how to rub nickels together. Only debt I carry is my house and a car. Both of those are lower interest rates than that money makes significantly more elsewhere.

I can pay my utilities with a check, an auto-debit out of my bank account, or through my credit card. The US Bank cash plus visa has a 5% category for home utilities.

So in my instance I can either choose to pay my home utilities in a way that I get about $20 back each bill. Or I can choose to pay a way that doesn't get me $20 back each bill. The utility company will charge me the same amount either way.

Same thing with my cell phone. 5% back each bill, or not, my bill will he the same either way.
My utility charges a fee if you pay with a credit card. I choose to direct debit my bank account for free.

To get $20.00 back, your bill would have to be $400.00, and no service charge for them taking the card.

My utility charges a fee if you pay with a credit card. I choose to direct debit my bank account for free.

To get $20.00 back, your bill would have to be $400.00, and no service charge for them taking the card.
You are correct, my utility doesn't charge a fee to pay with a credit card, otherwise I wouldn't because the fee would likely be a higher percent than I would get back anyway. And you are also correct, my utility bills are closer to $400 than they are further away from it.

If you're carrying debt on a vehicle you're not pinching pennies very well in my opinion. The interest per year on a $50K vehicle is $7-10K and then the increased insurance rates on a bank owned vehicle on top of that.

If you're carrying debt on a vehicle you're not pinching pennies very well in my opinion. The interest per year on a $50K vehicle is $7-10K and then the increased insurance rates on a bank owned vehicle on top of that.
Not necessarily, my mortgage rate is 2.75%, and T-Bills are around 5%. You make money by keeping the mortgage.

Be that as it may I was referencing an automobile loan, not an existent mortgage.
I mean having interest vs. not having interest is pretty simple math. If you could by a house with a mortgage/interest, or if you could by an equivalent cheaper house outright then carrying interest is more expensive no netter how you slice it. Even if you can carry the loan and make more none in a CD or something you could just put the extra money from the cheaper house into that same CD and the investment will grow without the handicap of subtracting off the loan interest.

Getting back to the OP...and the lack of detail in the article....
Since the article does not state just what or how this happened....
I would guess a poor belt and holster choice combined with unsafe firearm handling is the cause here.

Finding a good holster and belt is expensive ...both in terms of quality and for the fact that there will be a lot of trial and error to find what works for you and how you carry.
And while expensive...once you find that combination of belt and holster that works for you...the ease of both mind and use is worth every penny.

I say the above because with a poor holster and belt fit...carrying becomes a nightmare.
You are constantly adjusting and making sure everything is still in its place , as well as being concealed.
While doing so....you may end up more focused on getting everything to fit just right....and not as focused as you should be on safety and trigger finger placement...which can lead to an 'OOPS Moment ".
Andy

Getting back to the OP...and the lack of detail in the article....
Since the article does not state just what or how this happened....
I would guess a poor belt and holster choice combined with unsafe firearm handling is the cause here.

Finding a good holster and belt is expensive ...both in terms of quality and for the fact that there will be a lot of trial and error to find what works for you and how you carry.
And while expensive...once you find that combination of belt and holster that works for you...the ease of both mind and use is worth every penny.

I say the above because with a poor holster and belt fit...carrying becomes a nightmare.
You are constantly adjusting and making sure everything is still in its place , as well as being concealed.
While doing so....you may end up more focused on getting everything to fit just right....and not as focused as you should be on safety and trigger finger placement...which can lead to an 'OOPS Moment ".
Andy
Or in Alec Baldwin case I firmly stand behind him ....... Because I'd never stand in front of him . :)

I mean having interest vs. not having interest is pretty simple math. If you could by a house with a mortgage/interest, or if you could by an equivalent cheaper house outright then carrying interest is more expensive no netter how you slice it. Even if you can carry the loan and make more none in a CD or something you could just put the extra money from the cheaper house into that same CD and the investment will grow without the handicap of subtracting off the loan interest.
Yep, you can't argue with the numbers.

Especially after seven ate nine!
I'd prefer that Seven of Nine ate mine.... :D
Andy
200.gif

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA