JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Burt, get the CPL for WA becuase hermnanr is wrong. Unlike him I am providing the RCW for proof:
RCW 9.41.050
Carrying firearms.

(1)(a) Except in the person's place of abode or fixed place of business, a person shall not carry a pistol concealed on his or her person without a license to carry a concealed pistol.

When you have a pistol on your person, in your motor vehicle, in WA a CPL is required as that is considered CC.

What a bunch of hooey!! You want to wear a gun on your hip while shopping at Costco??? I own more guns that most anybody and openly carrying one into a public place to show off is the last thing I would do. Please, people who enjoy their guns stand up against these showboaters.

I hope that you train more than most LEO's i know.
Quite a few are not "GUN" people and only train to qualify.
One even told me he used over 3 full cases - 3000+ rounds before he requalified.

M67

Wow. I bet he never seeked proper instruction, and instead blasted more than 3000 rounds away. Otherwise he'd be squared away after just a couple of thousand.

The problem with you concealed only guys is you think you are getting away with something...eh? Never have a problem with a cop OC do you? So why do you have a problem with Joe Citizen OC?
Because if something goes down I want the element of surprise on my side. If I'm OC I've lost that and it might just be enough to change the balance!

Because if something goes down I want the element of surprise on my side. If I'm OC I've lost that and it might just be enough to change the balance!

I have no problems with OC. If that is what you choose to do, more power to you.

For me i agree with deen_ad, I want the element of surprise on my side.

M67

Burt, get the CPL for WA becuase hermnanr is wrong. Unlike him I am providing the RCW for proof:
RCW 9.41.050
Carrying firearms.

(1)(a) Except in the person's place of abode or fixed place of business, a person shall not carry a pistol concealed on his or her person without a license to carry a concealed pistol.

When you have a pistol on your person, in your motor vehicle, in WA a CPL is required as that is considered CC.

There I highlighted a key word..."concealed" By the way, after over 40 years of carrying in WA, most of it unlicensed...I do think I know a bit about WA law. A pistol in a vehicle on your hip is not concealed. However: there is a specific prohibition to carrying a loaded pistol in a vehicle without a CPL. That is in RCW 9.41.050, 2(a) If a pistol on your hip was not OC, there would be no need for the law to read as in .050, 2(a)

You might also want to read RCW 9.41.060..Exemptions to .050.

The one thing you cannot do any more without a CPL is carry loaded in a vehicle, and even with a CPL you cannot have a loaded long gun in a vehicle...It has not always been this way, but it is now, so until it changes again, it is unload in a vehicle, or get a CPL, not because in a vehicle is CC, but becasue there is a specific prohibition.

What a bunch of hooey!! You want to wear a gun on your hip while shopping at Costco??? I own more guns that most anybody and openly carrying one into a public place to show off is the last thing I would do. Please, people who enjoy their guns stand up against these showboaters.

Most OC people I know carry that way for comfort. In cold weather it is CC in warm months it is OC. I also know a few people who do not feel that they should have to be fingerprinted and pay a fee to enjoy their 2A rights, so OC is the only option for them in most states. Any "showboaters" are a tiny percentage of the OC crowd but it is truly heartwarming that a member of our military feels that we are a group that needs "stood up against" for engaging in a fully legal practice.

31uf.jpg

Well, that is where we differ. I specifically had enough of shooting at people, that were shooting at me, in Vietnam. Right now I would much rather put a BG on notice that I refuse to be a victim, and that he needs to go find someone else to pick on, then to "surprise" him when he tries to mug me.

I have carried since July 1970 (when I came back for Vietnam and became a US Citizen). I have had one defused encounter, as soon as the BG saw the, still holstered, Colt, he had other things to do, very quickly. I have had no other encounters....in over 40 years...I say OC works.

There I highlighted a key word..."concealed" By the way, after over 40 years of carrying in WA, most of it unlicensed...I do think I know a bit about WA law. A pistol in a vehicle on your hip is not concealed. However: there is a specific prohibition to carrying a loaded pistol in a vehicle without a CPL. That is in RCW 9.41.050, 2(a) If a pistol on your hip was not OC, there would be no need for the law to read as in .050, 2(a)

You might also want to read RCW 9.41.060..Exemptions to .050.

The one thing you cannot do any more without a CPL is carry loaded in a vehicle, and even with a CPL you cannot have a loaded long gun in a vehicle...It has not always been this way, but it is now, so until it changes again, it is unload in a vehicle, or get a CPL, not because in a vehicle is CC, but becasue there is a specific prohibition.

I belive (unless the law has changed since i last checked) that in Oregon there is an exemption for CC, while on your way to or from fishing or hunting. So if you have your fishing/hunting license and fishing/hunting gear in your vehicle, your good to go, even without a CHL.

M67

You may own guns, and you may shoot, even maybe a lot....but you do not support the constitution, and specifically the Washington State constitution Article 1 Section 24, or the US 2A. You might consider joining CeaseFire WA...that is who you would support.

BTW: when I was I kid an old man said "the only people who hide their guns are those that are up to no good" if the shoe fits, wear it.

I belive (unless the law has changed since i last checked) that in Oregon there is an exemption for CC, while on your way to or from fishing or hunting. So if you have your fishing/hunting license and fishing/hunting gear in your vehicle, your good to go, even without a CHL.

M67

In WA's RCW 9,41.060(8) the wording is "lawful outdoor recreational activity", but yes, ORS 166 says hunting and fishing. Going to or from, and participating in...

I would be careful there though...there have been persecutions (sic) for using that exemption when someone was only "think about" doing some outdoor recreational activity,,, afterwords, but was in fact he was on his way to work> So far the rulings have not een favorable.

M67
Unless, it's not hunting or fishing season!!

So if I'm in my RV headed out to go camping I'm OK to carry concealed. Although I do have my CPL in WA and my OR CWP.

Your RV will never be searched for a weapon in WA unless there has been some actual crime committed. Traffic INFRACTIONS are not crimes.

Yep, CPL, or No CPL you're good in an RV if you are going camping (not when you use your RV to commute, but they won't look for weapons anyway...except maybe the game warden looking for loaded long guns)

I'll take the UT class at Place to Shoot in Delta Park or at Threat Dynamics in Tualatin. When it comes to complying with firearms laws I am not interested in being in any gray areas.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top