JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I am pretty good at baring. If we need bare I will gladly do that. You, me, whatever. But I am too lazy to bear, so if any of that needs doing you can just count me out.
I thought you'd do anything for a box of ammo. Years ago there was a gal that offered to flash my buddy for a beer ticket at the Brewfest. At least your fees are higher.

I thought you'd do anything for a box of ammo. Years ago there was a gal that offered to flash my buddy for a beer ticket at the Brewfest. At least your fees are higher.
See, there are large quotes around "anything." When we start moving towards actual work "anything" I start drawing lines. I have standards you know. You want some very bare hanky panky? Let's talk. You want your fireplace cupboard stocked? Sorry dear, I have a headache.

If you're carrying debt on a vehicle you're not pinching pennies very well in my opinion. The interest per year on a $50K vehicle is $7-10K and then the increased insurance rates on a bank owned vehicle on top of that.
There are a lot of variables. It also depends on what people do with the money they don't spend.

In my case, the 30K I didn't spend on a van, I borrowed at 1.99 for 7 years. So far that 30K has made me 10%+ back each year in returns in the market while remaining relatively available if needed for emergencies. Haven't noticed the car insurance to be significantly more. I carry the state minimum coverage on another vehicle and that only saves me $600 a year compared to what the van is insured at.

In any case, I am multiple thousands ahead compared to if I had paid 30K down for the van and owned it outright.

There are a lot of variables. It also depends on what people do with the money they don't spend.

In my case, the 30K I didn't spend on a van, I borrowed at 1.99 for 7 years. So far that 30K has made me 10%+ back each year in returns in the market while remaining relatively available if needed for emergencies. Haven't noticed the car insurance to be significantly more. I carry the state minimum coverage on another vehicle and that only saves me $600 a year compared to what the van is insured at.

In any case, I am multiple thousands ahead compared to if I had paid 30K down for the van and owned it outright.
Indeed. Were one to invest the differential of always borrowing for a new car every 3-7 years vs not, over one's lifetime it accrues to many hundreds of thousands of dollars.

If you're carrying debt on a vehicle you're not pinching pennies very well in my opinion. The interest per year on a $50K vehicle is $7-10K and then the increased insurance rates on a bank owned vehicle on top of that.

Indeed. Were one to invest the differential of always borrowing for a new car every 3-7 years vs not, over one's lifetime it accrues to many hundreds of thousands of dollars.
I bought a new car a three years ago and was in the position to pay it off within a year. Very little interest paid, just depreciation to deal with...
My wife's truck is 13 years old and 170K. I figure there's still a few more years there, but the thought of new truck payments scare the crap out of me!

I bought a new car a three years ago and was in the position to pay it off within a year. Very little interest paid, just depreciation to deal with...
My wife's truck is 13 years old and 170K. I figure there's still a few more years there, but the thought of new truck payments scare the crap out of me!
Many car loans, at least in the past, not sure now.. I'm sure it varies, are structured such that they get the full amount regardless of early paydown.

Sig P320 goes off on it's own again...

1706716048652.jpeg

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews