JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Just received a flyer for Costco here in Oregon that lists a 18.46 cu ft Bighorn gun safe for $599. List price on these is $950. Best deal I have seen on these previously is $750. I am not familiar with the quality of that brand, but it is approved legal storage in CA. If you're in the market you might want to take a look.

Just received a flyer for Costco here in Oregon that lists a 18.46 cu ft Bighorn gun safe for $599. List price on these is $950. Best deal I have seen on these previously is $750. I am not familiar with the quality of that brand, but it is approved legal storage in CA. If you're in the market you might want to take a look.

I've read that Costco sometimes buys "cost reduced" versions of products. Because they buy in large quantities they can have a run of a special, less expensive version done. Several other large chain stores have done this in the past. This doesn't mean that it's not a good deal, but it does mean that it might pay to check item numbers and specs carefully.

I have been using one of the Costco (made in China) Bighorn safes for over 10 years, and if I recall correctly paid $599 for mine. It has worked well. Would rather not had an electronic combination lock on it, but pretty solid for the price, and at that same price today qualifies as a great deal.

340 pounds? That's pretty thin/light for a safe. Not a terrible option for a second safe or something.

I've read that Costco sometimes buys "cost reduced" versions of products. Because they buy in large quantities they can have a run of a special, less expensive version done. Several other large chain stores have done this in the past. This doesn't mean that it's not a good deal, but it does mean that it might pay to check item numbers and specs carefully.
I had a TV salesman try to hand me that BS before. I looked up the differences in the model numbers on my phone while he stood there, which amounted to a different letter at the end of the model number on the TV at Costco (e.g. "E" versus "G"). Turns out it wasn't a "cheaper Costco specific model". The two TVs were identical except that one had a charcoal gray housing instead of flat black. I've never been lied to quite so brazenly by a salesman before.

I had a TV salesman try to hand me that BS before. I looked up the differences in the model numbers on my phone while he stood there, which amounted to a different letter at the end of the model number on the TV at Costco (e.g. "E" versus "G"). Turns out it wasn't a "cheaper Costco specific model". The two TVs were identical except that one had a charcoal gray housing instead of flat black. I've never been lied to quite so brazenly by a salesman before.
That's fine and I don't doubt you that the model number was just related to color for your particular purchase. I'm sure that many of the items there are regular stock from the manufacturer. The BS comment I could have done without. I know that they have had electronics and clothing products made for them with slightly lower specs.

That's fine and I don't doubt you that the model number was just related to color for your particular purchase. I'm sure that many of the items there are regular stock from the manufacturer. The BS comment I could have done without. I know that they have had electronics and clothing products made for them with slightly lower specs.
Didn't mean to imply that you were responsible for the BS. I've never seen a lower quality brand name item in Costco unless it was a Kirkland brand.

Same goes for Best Buy. Some of their "exclusives" are watered down versions or older tech inside. It does indeed happen. They don't sell them that cheap for no reason.

When I was TV shopping I went to Costco to get what I thought was the exact same model as one at BB but for $200 less. Nope, the last letter was different. And the Costco version had lower specs including a slower processor.

Costco has this deal at the same price quarterly. Pretty sweet deal with home delivery to your porch or garage. Just make sure you take the door off when trying to put it in the house. The door is an extra ~80lbs, so it makes moving it in two pieces much more manageable. Not a taxable item in WA is a bonus too.

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top