JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

How will the price of gas at the pump effect your SHTF plans?

• It won't - I'm probably staying in place

Votes: 36 63.2%
  • A little, but I don't have too far to travel

Votes: 11 19.3%
  • It'll put a good-sized dent in my plans

Votes: 2 3.5%
  • I'm screwed if we hit $10 per gallon

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • *Burrrrrrp* uhhhhh... What were we talkin' about again?

Votes: 8 14.0%

• Total voters
Everyone wants to talk crap about hybrids until this happens...

I pitty the fool that formed their TEOTWAWKI plans around having fuel for their ICE readily available.

Average nationwide price last year was about $3.50 for fuel. I don't think we are going to see anywhere close to $7.00. My bet is we'll still have traffic jams every morning and afternoon and vacationers will be in full force this Summer.

Oil is dropping today.

Everyone wants to talk crap about hybrids until this happens...

I pitty the fool that formed their TEOTWAWKI plans around having fuel for their ICE readily available.
I don't need no stinking fuel:

1646850321747.png

I have always made it a point to keep the tank with gas just in case. Normally when it drops bellow 1/2 I am looking for a time to stop. Plus keep two extra 5 g cans at the house and the one extra vehicle is full. I have long done this in case we get the good shake we may have and there is none to buy for a while.
Same here. I fill up when it dips below 3/4 tank. Costco in Tigard was 4.17 the other day. Today it was 4.40.

People like me with timber?

It isn't timber that is high priced, it is lumber; mills are not (or were not) producing lumber because of the pandemic.
I see, but still most of those mills employ people in rural communities. I did see a significant drop in trucks in 2020 tho... picked up last year tho.

Buying a costco card!
Run the math for your household, depending how much you may buy & what services you may use.

The regular membership is $60, the "Executive" membership is $120.

The "executive" membership offers 2% annual reward with exclusions (fuel being one). Haven't "paid" for a membership in years with the 2% back. Know your prices through, as although very competitive, some things can be found less elsewhere. Especially when others run "loss leader" type sales.

PLUS Costco only accepts Visa for gas (no cash, no other cards). Cash & Visa are fine for in store stuff.

Then, there is the whole anti-2A thing. As part of membership personal firearms are not allowed:

In Oregon, such policy holds no "weight of law". They "could" trespass someone &/or pull a membership. Other States laws may vary, insofar as having a "weight of law".

With that being said, we've always carried concealed (since we could) while shopping there without issue. (Except one time early on where my cover shirt flipped & the door greeter noted such...Oopsies!! Re-covered & went on with the shop no problem)

Run the math for your household, depending how much you may buy & what services you may use.

The "executive" membership offers 2% annual reward with exclusions (fuel being one). Haven't "paid" for a membership in years with the 2% back. Know your prices through, as although very competitive, some things can be found less elsewhere. Especially when others run "loss leader" type sales.

PLUS Costco only accepts Visa for gas (no cash, no other cards). Cash & Visa are fine for in store stuff.
I dropped my executive membership after I stopped commuting to a job and after I dropped the Citibank credit card due to their anti-gun virtue signaling. I still keep the basic regular membership because I save enough on gas and purchases to pay it back - not so much gas anymore, but between the two, enough. The only CC I have is an Amazon card and it pays for the Prime membership/etc. with rewards points.

Unless you buy a lot of food stuff, or visit often for other things, Costco isn't always the best deal, usually pretty close to Fred Meyers, Fuel prices too, so if it maths out, it's good, if not, well,.......

For what it's worth, the fuel is pretty good quality, my rigs all like it, and get their best mileage out of it, only downer, and it's a MAJOR one, No Diesel! Why Costco dosnt sell diesel is a mistry to me?

Unless you buy a lot of food stuff, or visit often for other things, Costco isn't always the best deal, usually pretty close to Fred Meyers, Fuel prices too, so if it maths out, it's good, if not, well,.......
For the most part yes, I have things I buy at Costco - especially if they are on sale, but most of my groceries I get at Winco
For what it's worth, the fuel is pretty good quality, my rigs all like it, and get their best mileage out of it, only downer, and it's a MAJOR one, No Diesel! Why Costco dosnt sell diesel is a mistry to me?
I have found no other fuel less expensive than Costco. Some Costco stations have diesel, some don't. Hillsboro (the one by the airport) doesn't, IIRC Tigard does.

Then, there is the whole anti-2A thing. As part of membership personal firearms are not allowed:

In Oregon, such policy holds no "weight of law". They "could" trespass someone &/or pull a membership. Other States laws may vary, insofar as having a "weight of law".

With that being said, we've always carried concealed (since we could) while shopping there without issue. (Except one time early on where my cover shirt flipped & the door greeter noted such...Oopsies!! Re-covered & went on with the shop no problem)
I'm borrowing someone else's card!

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top