JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

How will the price of gas at the pump effect your SHTF plans?

• It won't - I'm probably staying in place

Votes: 36 63.2%
  • A little, but I don't have too far to travel

Votes: 11 19.3%
  • It'll put a good-sized dent in my plans

Votes: 2 3.5%
  • I'm screwed if we hit $10 per gallon

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • *Burrrrrrp* uhhhhh... What were we talkin' about again?

Votes: 8 14.0%

• Total voters
Reactions
Today I ended up paying $5 per gallon for gas. It surprised me - I did a double-take when I saw the prices on the pump. Right about then I remembered my dad cursing at the pump when prices hit over $2 per gallon for the first time, and it got me thinking...

Just how dependent are you on gas / diesel for your SHTF plans? At the first sign of trouble are you planning on filling up some cans? If so, how is the price of fuel going to affect your situation?

If SHTF gas won't be available for long anyway. Staying in place instead of stuck in traffic if at all possible. Lived thru odd/even license plate days at the gas pump during the 70s. Parents let their underage kids drive and sit in the hours long gas lines.

I wish I knew what place doesn't suck during SHTF. I can make it 500-700 miles on full tank including my gas cans.

(Edited, including my gas cans.)

Last Edited:
Not worried. Just look for Prius drivers with Biden bumper stickers, and take their vehicles.
Hipster apocalypse?

01FPZ29R58X6C204W18AGBAKJ2.jpeg

Only thing that's changing is that I will be driving less and prepping more than anticipated. Come shtf, both of our vehicles can make it to our bol if necessary and still have a little left over. Just keeping the tanks topped off all the time now rather than just on my usual Friday fill up

Fred Myers gas up 40 cent from last weekend and 10 cents more from Sunday. I was in Ohio weekend before last. One club store had $3.09 regular gas. $3.30ish everywhere else.

I see fast food value meals in the $10+ range. Where's the value? More gristle than meat. I'm guessing no talk on easing gas or state tax per gallon. Just take the cost of living increases (inflation) with a smile.

Sunday drives stopped long ago. I will cut elsewhere to keep the budget black. Or I'll increase income ( work more / charge more)

I live in horse country so SHTF, I can ride ;)

BTW, I drive a diesel. OP should change the term from GAS to FUEL.

eta; we are all screwed if it goes to $10/gal.

Sunday drives stopped long ago. I will cut elsewhere to keep the budget black. Or I'll increase income ( work more / charge more)

I live in horse country so SHTF, I can ride ;)

BTW, I drive a diesel. OP should change the term from GAS to FUEL.

eta; we are all screwed if it goes to $10/gal.
How do you know if a guy owns a diesel?...

Fred Myers gas up 40 cent from last weekend and 10 cents more from Sunday. I was in Ohio weekend before last. One club store had $3.09 regular gas. $3.30ish everywhere else.

I see fast food value meals in the $10+ range. Where's the value? More gristle than meat. I'm guessing no talk on easing gas or state tax per gallon. Just take the cost of living increases (inflation) with a smile.
Eating out sucks these days. My wife and I went out for Valentine's Day dinner at a strip mall Mexican joint here in town. For two meals and two "on sale" margaritas it totaled $60 with tip. The food is fine but not worth $60 imho.

I have always made it a point to keep the tank with gas just in case. Normally when it drops bellow 1/2 I am looking for a time to stop. Plus keep two extra 5 g cans at the house and the one extra vehicle is full. I have long done this in case we get the good shake we may have and there is none to buy for a while.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top