JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
My favorite which happens about once a week --

"Is it still available?"

"Yes it is!"

Then

View attachment 485341

Another one I get a lot, living all the way in Eugene, is " I would buy it if you were closer" or "I wish you were closer, I'd be all over this", or, "ever make it to Portland"?,then when I offer to bring it to Portland, or meet somewhere close to them, I get the crickets sound, and no response, even to PMs. I don't know if they are just trying to up their post count at my expense, or what, but :mad:. Ok, rant over, thank you for listening.

So after having posted on this thread last week, I went back to my Armslist ads and added in big bold letters:

IF YOU ARE VIEWING THIS AD, THEN YES IT IS STILL AVAILABLE!

I get a response this morning on an ad, "Is this still available?" o_O

Here is a question I have. Why do people ask if sellers are interested in trades when its clearly marked WTS only?

For some reason this bothers the hell out of me and shows stupidity on the person asking the questions part! :confused:o_O

Please. Pretty please. Post pictures of exactly what you are offering in the configuration the buyer will receive it in.

When you have an ad that shows your pistol/rifle all decked out with accessories and then a list follows of what is not included... not cool.

Please. Pretty please. Post pictures of exactly what you are offering in the configuration the buyer will receive it in.

When you have an ad that shows your pistol/rifle all decked out with accessories and then a list follows of what is not included... not cool.

Agreed. Show what's for sale, not all the other BS that you CAN'T have at that price. :rolleyes:

Just a reminder ( unless you don't care ) I see time to time serials clear as day. I know you have to show all sides but that information on a public forum, maybe not the best.

Why you may ask? Because not long ago many did private sales.......where unless you were like me that got a bill of sale.
Some one can pop up and say hey that was mine and it got stolen in 2015.
The older the firearm is the more important it is with these new laws to not show a serial. just my two cents.

If you're going to post "retail" price for the pieces of your build, don't go find the highest price possible (like the msrp off the manufacturer site). It's just insulting to our intelligence.

If you paid the price on the manufacturer's website instead of the "street" price at budsguns or a local shop, that wasn't smart. But don't list out all your prices at MSRP. It just seems... unethical.

End of rant.

ADDED: I do this to avoid angering the Mods with thread crapping calling people out. But dang people, seriously. Advertise honestly and ethically or go sell on armslist...

Last Edited:
Another one I get a lot, living all the way in Eugene, is " I would buy it if you were closer" or "I wish you were closer, I'd be all over this", or, "ever make it to Portland"?,then when I offer to bring it to Portland, or meet somewhere close to them, I get the crickets sound, and no response, even to PMs. I don't know if they are just trying to up their post count at my expense, or what, but :mad:. Ok, rant over, thank you for listening.
My peeve is seeing someone who wants you to drive to them AND they ask if you'll take less than posted....... Saw one on sale from Wilsonville and the 'potential' buyer was from Vancouver. Acted like it was too far for him, and asked if it could be shipped! Really!? 2-300 miles I get it, but 20 miles??

Ok- and so how do we turn in the flakes ? Do we need proof , etc, I've already got a couple doozies that have really managed to tee me off royally.

Please lemme know......

You can't really 'turn them in', the mods aren't going to toss someone off the site for trying to get a deal or just being irritating to deal with. But you can use the feedback tool to give honest feedback about that person if they did flake on you - say if they agreed to meet you/buy your item and then no-showed, for example. I wouldn't use the feedback system say if someone was just trying to wheel and deal and low-ball me - I'd just ignore them and move on. But if there is a deal in place, and someone flakes, yeah, you a can definitely leave either neutral or negative feedback on that person. That will help warn others about doing business with that person in the future.

You're going to get flakes no matter where you go. There is no pre-qualification to join this site, so there is no way to filter them out. If I can't come to an agreement with someone and they are just trying to string me out, I just ignore them altogether. There is also an 'ignore' feature on this site that you can use so you don't see those folks any longer. I'm not sure on this, maybe on of the @Moderators can confirm for me - if you have someone on ignore, I don't think they can send you a PM/Conversation either - but the mods would have to confirm that.

So after having posted on this thread last week, I went back to my Armslist ads and added in big bold letters:

IF YOU ARE VIEWING THIS AD, THEN YES IT IS STILL AVAILABLE!

I get a response this morning on an ad, "Is this still available?" o_O

That would be my response along with something like "dumb azz!!":D

Mine would be, "You're obviously too stupid for me to sell you this gun."

Just a reminder ( unless you don't care ) I see time to time serials clear as day. I know you have to show all sides but that information on a public forum, maybe not the best.

Why you may ask? Because not long ago many did private sales.......where unless you were like me that got a bill of sale.
Some one can pop up and say hey that was mine and it got stolen in 2015.
The older the firearm is the more important it is with these new laws to not show a serial. just my two cents.

And that police report they filed back in 2015 will back them up. :rolleyes:

Stupid is as stupid does.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews