JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
One more...Is it still available? I see this question asked over and over on different ads without a follow up after the seller answers Yes.

Kind've like the old days, on the CB radio, we'd say 10-36 please?, or radio check?, just as an excuse to participate.:)
One more...Is it still available? I see this question asked over and over on different ads without a follow up after the seller answers Yes.

Kind've like the old days, on the CB radio, we'd say 10-36 please?, or radio check?, just as an excuse to participate.:)

I have to take exception to this one. Many times something sells and the ad is not closed or sometimes simply ignored. There was a Sig 232 FS here awhile back and I couldn't get ahold of the guy, only to find it active a month after I bought a gun elsewhere?

I will add my tip: Use the Upload Photo button (or upload file button on other forums) instead of imigur, photobucket, or any of the other photo hosting websites. None of the photos you host from those will make it through the .mil firewalls.

Untitled2.jpg

I have to take exception to this one. Many times something sells and the ad is not closed or sometimes simply ignored. There was a Sig 232 FS here awhile back and I couldn't get ahold of the guy, only to find it active a month after I bought a gun elsewhere?

That part I get. If a feller genuinely has an interest he has every right to ask. But to ask, just for the sake of asking, and getting one more post count when he has no interest whatsoever of buying, is my issue.

I try to diligently police my ads. As soon as there is a change to the status, I update the ad, and close the ad if the item is no longer available. I have had numerous times, a very current ad, where I'm asked if my item is still available. I reply yes, but never get another peep from the the person asking. That just adds to the clutter of my ad. And I see it often with other folks ads.

All the more reason I'd ask such a question behind the scenes via a PM. I guess I'm just old school.

Last Edited:
I've actually considered making a video (screen capture style) showing how to properly made a classifieds ad (as well as a series of other 'how to' videos for the forum).

Sadly I doubt the people who need to see it would watch it.
That would be very helpful. I'm a forum virgin.

Yes!! It's so hard to read people offering trades when it sats cash only. I feel bad people have to respond no thanks I just need cash or look like d**ks. My other favorite is im selling or trading a noveske ar15 bnib then I'll trade you a used 10/22 and half a box of ammo... the this deal sucks comments are sweet too. I'm new here but some of that stuff is embarrassing to read

I will add my tip: Use the Upload Photo button (or upload file button on other forums) instead of imigur, photobucket, or any of the other photo hosting websites. None of the photos you host from those will make it through the .mil firewalls.

View attachment 431589

You also don't have to worry about changes the host might make which render the images unviewable (such as what PhotoBucket did).

As stated ad nauseum, good pics sell stuff.
And not those crappy cell phone pics of a rifle standing in the corner with poor lighting.
Have someone else's husband help you with your pics if you don't know how.
It's that important when selling on the Interwebz.

Yeah, that sucks, I'd like to see that practice go away. It's not that hard to group stuff

Yeppers....."Projectiles", "Powder(s)", "Brasses" o_O It's more interesting to look at an ad that has multiple things to pick through to find something I may be interested in too.

Could I request folks either close their ads or a simple "SPF" (sold pending funds) when they have a deal? I've responded to two ads recently that already had buyers.

Could I request folks either close their ads or a simple "SPF" (sold pending funds) when they have a deal? I've responded to two ads recently that already had buyers.

You can keep asking, but there will always be those that don't bother to do it. Fact is many classified posters don't necessarily read the discussion part of the forum and never even see us have the same discussion about the same issue, over and over and over and over....

@Joe Link had mentioned there may be a change to the classifieds at some point that auto-closes any ad that hasn't been updated/renewed after a period of time. That could still come some day.

You can keep asking, but there will always be those that don't bother to do it. Fact is many classified posters don't necessarily read the discussion part of the forum and never even see us have the same discussion about the same issue, over and over and over and over....

@Joe Link had mentioned there may be a change to the classifieds at some point that auto-closes any ad that hasn't been updated/renewed after a period of time. That could still come some day.

I think that maybe there's a portion of sellers here that don't realize they are suppose to close their ads. Or that it's poor form to NOT close it. Personally I don't think it's that big of a deal. there's many things more annoying than responding to an ad and then finding the item no longer available. For ME, I can move on with my day when it happens. We've still got a great classified section here!

I think that maybe there's a portion of sellers here that don't realize they are suppose to close their ads. Or that it's poor form to NOT close it. Personally I don't think it's that big of a deal. there's many things more annoying than responding to an ad and then finding the item no longer available. For ME, I can move on with my day when it happens. We've still got a great classified section here!

I agree, it's not the big issue, but it can be annoying when you're waiting for a response from a seller, only to find out hours or a day later, that the item wasn't available to begin with. It's just polite to close your ad or in some other way mark it sold. But I agree, some folks come here only for the ads and never bother to read the rules.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top