JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Thanks for the heads up, etc. as far as "turning" anyone in I was basically referring to the rules. #8 (line 4) makes a vague mention about it. ANYHOW- I agree with all you have to say although it's difficult to weed out the phonies, they talk a big talk and arrange plans to meet, then things switch up and they need to wait till next pay day, then it morphs into the ol' "I've been really busy", then moves on to the complete disappearing act - poof gone , after days of multiple texts and assured responses that "this is a killer deal" and "please don't sell it to anyone else" , I just thought I was dealing with a different class of folks here that's all. Hey I'm beginning to sound like a crybaby so I'll quit here, thanks again for the pro tips and I'll learn to be more patient.
Darren

As I mentioned is look at a persons profile, see when they joined, see their feedback, and see how often they post.
The majority of sellers and buyers here are good people and this place is way better then anything I have seen on Armlist. On here no issues, on Armslist I have had 4 if I recall.
Here are a couple thoughts to help, this is what I do.

• Ask do they have a CC? ( most do and most that own these are stand up people) Not that its required to sell here. But I set that guideline for myself.
  • No holds, If I am selling something no holds.
  • You get one chance at a time change.
  • Confirm what they are paying before meeting, don't assume.
  • Always do the deal at a safe place at a FFL. No exchanges in a parking lot or looky loos. You want a buy it, we meet at FFL. You can view it there.

Ah-ha, I have seen that before. :s0131:

Thanks.

Me too... hard to imagine... o_O

As I understand it's not necessarily true that you are on a persons "Ignore List" when you get the dreaded "This person limits who may view their profile" message. In your preferences you can select who sees your profile....Everyone, Members Only, Followers only and No One. Some one may be fully limiting who views their profile that does not have anyone on ignore.

Thanks for the heads up, etc. as far as "turning" anyone in I was basically referring to the rules. #8 (line 4) makes a vague mention about it. ANYHOW- I agree with all you have to say although it's difficult to weed out the phonies, they talk a big talk and arrange plans to meet, then things switch up and they need to wait till next pay day, then it morphs into the ol' "I've been really busy", then moves on to the complete disappearing act - poof gone , after days of multiple texts and assured responses that "this is a killer deal" and "please don't sell it to anyone else" , I just thought I was dealing with a different class of folks here that's all. Hey I'm beginning to sound like a crybaby so I'll quit here, thanks again for the pro tips and I'll learn to be more patient.

Darren

You ARE dealing with a different class of folks here. But in every LARGE group there will be some with, maybe, a little less class. That's life where ever you are.

As I understand it's not necessarily true that you are on a persons "Ignore List" when you get the dreaded "This person limits who may view their profile" message. In your preferences you can select who sees your profile....Everyone, Members Only, Followers only and No One. Some one may be fully limiting who views their profile that does not have anyone on ignore.

This is correct.

Well - ummm sorry to tell you sir but this isn't any different than any other website I've endured to sell goods, I'm on my 5th tire kicker/ bull$hitter now and it's evident they don't know how to read "SERIOUS INQUIRES ONLY" or perhaps it's the particular firearm that brings them out of the woodwork ? I didn't post this to start an argument but I must say your last post to me is debatable and contrary to my own experience here at Northwest Firearms.
I've screened my ad to try and weed out the "would be" trolls and can't find anything that would necessarily attract negative attention. O-Well , I'm dealing with the real world and fortunately I'm not in any dire straights for the money.
Bottom line all I really expect from someone is #1 know what they want before contacting me #2 have the money ready (not waiting for payroll a week or two down the road). #3 quick and easy transaction IE no 2 or 3 or even 4 day messaging (just like the last 2 guys) and then the bailout or disappearing act.
So - Nope , nothing different here. Same deal different day , moving along ;)
Now that I've got that off my chest I'm going to wait this out until I manage to find a buyer and I'm keeping the rest of my guns.Peace ☮️

The truth be told there are several members here from Ceasefire and Anifta ( or how ever you spell it).
They come here and play both sides and try to cause havoc. Reporting them as part of these groups doesn't seem to do anything. So best one can do is, their own due diligence because I do not see this being fixed or addressed anytime soon as each day more join to tilt the website a tad more ....

Mine would be, "You're obviously too stupid for me to sell you this gun."

The litmus test is.....
if_you_voted_for_OBAMA.jpg

Aloha, Mark

I know where I made my mistake guys, I gave the phone number out publicly... after some thought I think that probably wasn't such a wise decision.

I don't know, what do y'all think, Should I take the number down until I establish some ground with a prospective customer?
Thanks

I would. I never put my number on a public post. I ask people to contact me via PM and then, if they appear to be interested/serious, I'll share my number at that time. It's worked well for me for years and avoids a lot of the flakes - not all of them, but a lot of them. Plus, on the public side of the forum, your phone number could show up in internet searches, if someone entered your number - could help people learn more about you and your online activities. At least in a PM, it stays out of searches. Just a thought.

BTW, same for me goes for address info, my real name, etc. None of that goes out on the public side of the forum.

I know where I made my mistake guys, I gave the phone number out publicly... after some thought I think that probably wasn't such a wise decision.

I don't know, what do y'all think, Should I take the number down until I establish some ground with a prospective customer?
Thanks

Well hell yes. Ummm, sorry to tell you sir, not having your personal phone number out there for anyone to see seems common sense. Unless you're one of those people that changes phone # every few weeks/months, I guess. I've always got a PM, or sent one. I am phone conversation guy after that. I want to talk with a person. I don't text.

I have had some great meet ups with people on this forum with never changing a phone number until after the transaction is done. ;)

Nope neither one brother. I have meet people on this forum and all the communication has gone through PM. Never exchanged phone numbers until after.

See the problem here?

Reading the first post, I'm wondering why you would need to change your phone number each time you have a transaction with someone. Say from 555-1212 to 555-3876.

Reading the second post, I'm wondering why you exchange phone numbers after the meet up. When I met the fellow I bought a revolver from, I gave him my phone number in case he had a flat on the way to the meet, etc. You have number after the meet in case there is a problem with firearm?

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top