JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Glock 43 (single stack) is really nice for a carry. But it is still too big for your pocket. Unless you wearing "Homey" the Clown pants. I don't care who say different. Nothing more uncomfortable than have some large metal object inside your pants. You really can't sit down or drive a car comfortably. I'd rather be comfortable and have the gun in the glove box or somewhere else easy to access. No CCP needed either, which is a big waste on money anyway!

If your sitting down, your DEAD! U will not be able to pull it out in time if someone is on top of you.

If your sitting down, your DEAD! U will not be able to pull it out in time if someone is on top of you.

Sitting down in a vehicle? Most likely true. But my piece being either in the glovebox or console makes my odds worse than if it's in my pocket. This may vary with some personal factors. My arms are short. That's why glovebox isn't good for me. Maybe the console in my truck wouldn't be too bad. But the consoles in my cars are awkward to open in a hurry.

I have carried owb and in pocket holster. I could pull from pocket faster than my holster that snaps. Serpa may be a little faster if it doesn't malfunction (I love the serpa and have never had a problem with it--but have heard malfunction is a serious possibility so much so that some LE academies stopped using them and they are not allowed in some civilian training programs). I am very comfortable with pocket carry for those 2 of my Glocks. But maybe it's just the magical qualities of my clown pants. LoL

If I'm in a deadly force encounter, my life is at stake. I would much prefer to bet my life on military/LE tactics than Homey the Clown tactics.

When was the last time you were in a "deadly" encounter??? Never I bet in civilian life! If you were in the military that is different. But your a civilian now! There are no terrorist around here. And if there was, they have machine guns and come in shooting. Your dead either way! U will be buried w/your gun and your double stack mags! Carrying a gun is almost never necessary! I have one for home defense. My target will be [maybe] 10 ft. away if the occasion arises. So, I do not need to go to the range and spend hrs. shooting expensive ammo, almost going deaf and chocking on the smell of cordite (gun smoke). This is the perfect senerio! Your in the Mall and some lunatic come in shooting. Your armed and start to engage the shooter. The police arrive and do not who is who, so they shoot everyone who has a gun. Your one of the dead! RIP! A [CHP] will get you killed probably more so than if you did not have a gun w/you. These "permits' were started by the states for the purpose of making money from them. Not to help defend yourself! Why is it that so many people DO NOT understand this? U do not need a permit to carry a gun! If you get caught carrying one w/o the permit, and it a legal gun, its a fine and maybe U loose the gun? But with the way the courts are and the 2nd Amendment and the NRA , I bet u can get the gun back! Time for America to wake up and smell the gun powder!

When was the last time you were in a "deadly" encounter??? Never I bet in civilian life! If you were in the military that is different. But your a civilian now! There are no terrorist around here. And if there was, they have machine guns and come in shooting. Your dead either way! U will be buried w/your gun and your double stack mags! Carrying a gun is almost never necessary! I have one for home defense. My target will be [maybe] 10 ft. away if the occasion arises. So, I do not need to go to the range and spend hrs. shooting expensive ammo, almost going deaf and chocking on the smell of cordite (gun smoke). This is the perfect senerio! Your in the Mall and some lunatic come in shooting. Your armed and start to engage the shooter. The police arrive and do not who is who, so they shoot everyone who has a gun. Your one of the dead! RIP! A [CHP] will get you killed probably more so than if you did not have a gun w/you. These "permits' were started by the states for the purpose of making money from them. Not to help defend yourself! Why is it that so many people DO NOT understand this? U do not need a permit to carry a gun! If you get caught carrying one w/o the permit, and it a legal gun, its a fine and maybe U loose the gun? But with the way the courts are and the 2nd Amendment and the NRA , I bet u can get the gun back! Time for America to wake up and smell the gun powder!

Some of your ideas aren't too far removed from gun-grabber rhetoric. As for my state, carrying concealed w/o permit is the highest level misdemeanor and carries up to a year in jail (actual penalty doled out will vary from place to place--very few locales in my state would give weapon back). And same as most things, I wish govt would not tax the exercise of my 2nd Amendment right and would stay out of my life. And I don't have illusions of superpowers imparted by their tax and stamp of approval.

So do you think people shouldn't carry at all? Also, I don't get how you think one may possibly need to use a firearm and not need to be prepared to do so pursuant to as effective means as possible. You probably are only going to be 10 ft apart--but the guy trying to kill you isn't going to be any farther from you than you are from him. Why do you think the odds favor cops coming out on top in such 10 ft encounters? Maybe their training and way of doing things? Sounds like you'd be happy with a 1 or 2 shot derringer.

Some of your ideas aren't too far removed from gun-grabber rhetoric. As for my state, carrying concealed w/o permit is the highest level misdemeanor and carries up to a year in jail (actual penalty doled out will vary from place to place--very few locales in my state would give weapon back). And same as most things, I wish govt would not tax the exercise of my 2nd Amendment right and would stay out of my life. And I don't have illusions of superpowers imparted by their tax and stamp of approval.

So do you think people shouldn't carry at all? Also, I don't get how you think one may possibly need to use a firearm and not need to be prepared to do so pursuant to as effective means as possible. You probably are only going to be 10 ft apart--but the guy trying to kill you isn't going to be any farther from you than you are from him. Why do you think the odds favor cops coming out on top in such 10 ft encounters? Maybe their training and way of doing things? Sounds like you'd be happy with a 1 or 2 shot derringer.

:s0097:

Seriously - someone must be bored and created a troll account - because it's getting really thick in this thread. So far we've gotten the gems that double stack guns are bad/unnecessary for mere mortal civilians, and that practice is unnecessary because you can point and shoot and make one-shot-one-kills. No one can carry a double stack gun comfortably, you'll never reach your gun while seated, and you might as well not carry because you'll never need it. We've gotten way off the rails as far as giving Zeke recommendations on a new carry gun. I blame the rain - it must've raised creek levels enough to force the trolls out from under the bridges for a while.

If I'm in a deadly force encounter, my life is at stake. I would much prefer to bet my life on military/LE tactics than Homey the Clown tactics.
Seriously - someone must be bored and created a troll account - because it's getting really thick in this thread. So far we've gotten the gems that double stack guns are bad/unnecessary for mere mortal civilians, and that practice is unnecessary because you can point and shoot and make one-shot-one-kills. No one can carry a double stack gun comfortably, you'll never reach your gun while seated, and you might as well not carry because you'll never need it. We've gotten way off the rails as far as giving Zeke recommendations on a new carry gun. I blame the rain - it must've raised creek levels enough to force the trolls out from under the bridges for a while.

Who is Zeke? I still say double stack mags are for people who are bad shots, so they need all those bullets. They are not worth it or I would have one, maybe more! And make the grip too thick, the gun too heavy and not necessary at all. Funny how so many people do not feel safe unless they have a weapon on them loaded with a 100 bullets. Get real PLEAZE!

Who is Zeke? I still say double stack mags are for people who are bad shots, so they need all those bullets.

I will say that you are full of horse excrement.

They are not worth it or I would have one, maybe more!

If you have a nickel, you have more money than knowledge about firearms and self-defense.

And make the grip too thick, the gun too heavy. . .

Are you a 75 pound old woman?

My three favorites are the Sig P938, the S&W 360PD, and the Kimber Ultra CDP.

*The Kimber, while larger, is dead on every time... and of course, it's a 45.
*The Sig is about the most accurate small auto I've ever shot. Love it.
*The 360PD is so light, you hardly know it's there. Easy, easy carry.. however, with a 1 7/8" barrel, it's a glorified .38, so I carry +P's in it. It's also a bit more difficult to consistently hit what I'm aimin' at with.

"One bullet, one funeral"......:s0114:

My carry gun depends on activity and attire.

Glock 19
M&P Shield
S&W 642

I'm a tall skinny guy, so the G19 isn't always able to be worn, but it's the best combination of capacity, full grip, and conceal ability.

The shield just wears easier in most clothes.

The 642 is perfect for a pocket holster. Can fit in most of my pants pockets, and thanks to giant tablet sized phones, no one notices it.

I am an ffl and recommemd the springfield xd mod2 comes in 9 40 or 45acp. Very comfortable and concealable. Let me know if i can help
Just gave an opinion firearms are personal choices. What one person might like, another may not. As an experienced gunsmith i do know that the reliability, function and the amount of ammo the .45 can hold makes the mod 2 a good choice for a concealed carry firearm. Thank you for the welcome.

Forget the G43.
Those tiny single stack sub-compacts are great BUGs.. Or for a quick run to the store and they are certainly better than nothing.. but honestly for the price Id get a G26 or G19. Tons of mags, parts, holsters that are very affordable.

Capacity:
10+1 for the G26
15+1 for the G19

Its not about having "just enough" to stop the threat.. its about having enough to stop the threat and then some.

Plus, the larger surface area(s) of the G19 and alike pistols make drawing, reloads and aiming that much easier.. And in an emergency situation you'll want every advantage you can get.. Rather than having a mouse gun you'd be more likely to fumble with than defend with.

Just my .02¢

Also take into account, if there is an AWB coming..
You'd already have an evil firearm capable of utilizing 33rnd, 17rnd and 15rnd mags..
Where the 10rnd (and less) type firearms and mags will almost always be around because for some reason 10-7 is the magic anti firearm bigots favorite number(s).

Plus, there will be those idiotic pinned 10rnd mags during an AWB.. But who wants those until we're forced to, right?

Hopefully that day never comes, but if it does.. At least you'll have your evil assault pistol.

I have numerous "carry" wpns from 1911, tz75 baby cmbt 9, 38 S&W, Glock, but I must just put my two cents in as well... I really liked the 75bc for toting but lacked the punch of a larger caliber. Obviously the 1911 and the Glock are not to inconspicuous and I came across a SA Sub Comp Mod 2 .45. Comfortable wherever you carry it, has standard mags which add to the compactness but also has ex mags which I have plenty of, about $50-55 ea. As long as you don't have too many a/o's, such as a Viridian lazer/light which is a very nice addition, it is a nice simple carry wpn which easily slips down the front un-noticed (even with the L/L). Finding a Holster if you use one for CC and have attchmts, IDK. I haven't found one slim enough to use but did mfgr one myself that really works well with my set up.

i carry a vp9 very comfortable all the time, no problem but if I was the op id go for the p938, I think one of the more important things besides the gun is get a dedicated gun belt and the right holster for you, i prefer the contact concealment ap kydex holsters but different strokes for different folks

Walther PPK s in 380 is solid, accurate, and flat - 7 rds only
CZ75 P07 - light weight, double stack 9mm, accurate, and soft shooting (low riding slide)
SW Snubby - my favorite has been a 5 shot .38 special airweight in 1 7/8 "

obviously each of them have their pros and cons, but any of them should get you out of jeopardy. The one you carry every day is the one you should chose.

You definitely don't want my suggestion. I carry this...
IMG_20150531_161831.jpg

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads