JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
For everyone who got "bent-out-of shape" when I said, "Double Stack" mags are not necessary, I have this to say to you all! The Colt Model 911 A1A, served this country well from WW1, WW2, Korea and the Vietnam Era. It was a "single" mag. Double stack mags make the handle too thick, (unless you have huge hands), make the weapon too heavy and if you can't get a good grip on the gun it"rocks around" in your hand when fired then its not accurate!
Pistols with double stack mags are NOT comfortable to conceal carry at all. Especailly, IWB. Actually, only shoulder holsters are the best and most comfortable way to carry (any) weapon, single or double stack or revolvers ! Pistols in your pocket are also "uncomfortable", especially sitting down. And useless if your driving a car and need it quickly. U can't pull it out w/o standing up. So its pointless to even have it w/you. I have owned all kind of guns and I am back to the good old 38 Special. FYI~~~The 38 Special bullet had more penetration and stopping power than 9mm. (fact). And, the 7.65 mm (32 cal) goes thru more phone books at 25 yrs. than a 357 and is more accurate since it "kicks less. (fact). Remember, James Bond carried a 7.75 caliber pistol in a shoulder holster (Walther PPK). There was a reason for that! Remember shot placement "trumps" caliber every time! One shot, one funeral!

I never stated in the contrary to any of the remarks you posted, BUT there are double stacks that are way comfy in the pocket or in the waist.
You may want to look at the bersa thunder pro 15+1 in .380 (yes I know, here I go again) as it is an almost exact replica of Bonds Walther PPK except it has an auto decock, adjustable sights and many more options that Bonds didn't.
No offence to any of my vertically challenged friends, but unless you have the hands of one of snow whites little buddies this is a SWEET double stacker that I'd put up against any of the others

I carried the 1911A1 in the service, I also carried the Beretta 92F. My EDC is a G-30... double stack .45, and it feels better in my hand than the G-19 (although it's a close 2nd). I have little issue CCing either of them IWB, or in a shoulder rig.

We always trained two to the head, and three to the chest...

I'm planning to get a lot more serious about using my Oregon CHL. Currently I have a full size stainless 1911, a Colt 1903 in .32, and a .357 Mag revolver with a 4" barrel. The only one that's easy to carry is the Colt and it's too valuable to carry daily. So I'm looking for a serious concealed carry weapon. I'm leaning toward a Glock 43, despite the fact that I hate polymer firearms. I'm thinking a light, compact, double stack 9mm. Price isn't really a consideration. Any suggestions I haven't thought about?
I like the sig 938 . Small enough to carry everyday in your pocket. 1911 style. I often carry a Kimber custom carry 45. But I always have room for the 938. So many times there is a reason that I can't carry something bigger but always have room for it.

The SCCY cpx I carry is a double stack and I carried that in shorts all summer.

It's in a bag now but only because I've gotten used to it.

This is a case of Tiny man syndrome really...

image.jpeg

The SCCY cpx I carry is a double stack and I carried that in shorts all summer.

It's in a bag now but only because I've gotten used to it.

This is a case of Tiny man syndrome really...

NOT REALLY ! I am 160 lbs. 5'10", but have a size 8 ring finger. That is not really small at all. But SCCY makes a nice weapon. I like the smaller 9mm for concealment. But I don't care who says what. Sticking a cold metal object inside your pants, front, side or back is not comfortable at all. This is why all military and police carry handguns in a holster [out] in a holster. Shoulder holster is by far the best way to carry concealed.

I like the sig 938 . Small enough to carry everyday in your pocket. 1911 style. I often carry a Kimber custom carry 45. But I always have room for the 938. So many times there is a reason that I can't carry something bigger but always have room for it.

Glock 43 (single stack) is really nice for a carry. But it is still too big for your pocket. Unless you wearing "Homey" the Clown pants. I don't care who say different. Nothing more uncomfortable than have some large metal object inside your pants. You really can't sit down or drive a car comfortably. I'd rather be comfortable and have the gun in the glove box or somewhere else easy to access. No CCP needed either, which is a big waste on money anyway!

I never stated in the contrary to any of the remarks you posted, BUT there are double stacks that are way comfy in the pocket or in the waist.
You may want to look at the bersa thunder pro 15+1 in .380 (yes I know, here I go again) as it is an almost exact replica of Bonds Walther PPK except it has an auto decock, adjustable sights and many more options that Bonds didn't.
No offence to any of my vertically challenged friends, but unless you have the hands of one of snow whites little buddies this is a SWEET double stacker that I'd put up against any of the others

I know about the Bersa. Argentina police weapon. Decent gun but not great. Cheap, that is why so many buy them. They are NOT a PPK by any means. But being double stack they are still too heavy to carry. Sticking some heavy metal object inside ones pants is very uncomfortable. You can't sit down or drive w/o it sticking into you. If U R going to carry, shoulder holster is the only way!

Glock 43 (single stack) is really nice for a carry. But it is still too big for your pocket. Unless you wearing "Homey" the Clown pants. I don't care who say different. Nothing more uncomfortable than have some large metal object inside your pants. You really can't sit down or drive a car comfortably. I'd rather be comfortable and have the gun in the glove box or somewhere else easy to access. No CCP needed either, which is a big waste on money anyway!

Glock 43 is fine for pocket carry. I comfortably carry my comparably sized Glock 42 in anything I wear (and I seldom wear my clown pants)--I don't even notice it. I comfortably carry my G27 in some things (I haven't even tried it in my clown pants).

It's in a holster--no uncomfortable metal digging into me like you seem to be imagining. No trouble whatsoever sitting down or driving comfortably. Other rigs would be more accessible in a car. But what I do is much more readily accessible than glovebox or console (which is legal where I'm at too but probably not everywhere w/o CCDW permit).

That is police and military training. No need for doing all that for someone stealin' your hub cabs? Or. maybe your an assassin?

If I'm in a deadly force encounter, my life is at stake. I would much prefer to bet my life on military/LE tactics than Homey the Clown tactics.

Same size as a medium size wallet ! No clown pants needed:mad:

Understood. For just such occasions, it would be an XDs 3.3 in .45. That rides in a Bianchi 100T, very comfortable.

My recommendations to the OP, handle and try as many concealed carry sidearms as possible. Only you can determine the caliber, make and model of sidearm that fits your specific needs and requirements.

Picking an EDC sidearm is like picking a spouse... Go with what fits your requirements, you are comfortable with, you can handle and have confidence in...

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top