JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
At the end of the drop test, I did pull the trigger, and the primer went bang. The entire test was done with the safety in the off position.
Your statement just indicated you did their test wrong; your detailed description shows you just chambered a primed case and tested the now active STRIKER-SAFETY-SYSTEM.
___Their test was on a short-stroked case and after the trigger is pulled the not yet set striker doesn't ignite the case with a pull of the trigger; although the slide still chambered a round.
___ THEN they dropped the gun and the striker; not yet restrained by the STRIKER-SAFETY-SYSTEM since the STRIKER WAS NOT COCKED YET; could then set off a primed case.

THE REAL ISSUE IS:
1) Short-stroking the slide can still chamber a round
2) BUT NOT YET COCK THE STRIKER of the CCP
3) THAT UNCOCKED STRIKER is not yet RESTRAINED BY THE STRIKER-SAFETY-SYSTEM.
4) PULLING THE TRIGGER WILL NOT IGNITE THE ROUND;
you have a DEAD TRIGGER!

5) BUT DROPPING THE CCP AFTERWARDS, now without AN ACTIVE STRIKER-SAFETY-SYSTEM, can cause a classic drop AD.

____They preformed this test 60+ times with the same results and on a CCP they just bought from a local gun shop to compare to their test gun to be certain they didn't have a fluke defective gun.
____They contacted Walther about this issue as described above, Walther said Yes it exists.

By the way, I am encouraged some gun owners like you, really do investigate their guns to insure their safety. That is a testament to your dedication to safety. ;)

___By the way, I spent 4 years in tech-school and 27 in High-Tech reorganizing an engineer's notes so people in production could have steps they could use to test product; I was good at my job; until it was sent overseas and I was deemed too old to work in High-Tech. (I also am 62)
___Sorting and following instructions is not for a newbie and it took me a while to be proficient at it...I am not surprised you slipped up on the sequence to cause this failure and am sure most other readers did also, sorry that's my fault. :oops:

LOL

Last Edited:
Your statement just indicated you did their test wrong; your detailed description shows you just chambered a primed case and tested the now active STRIKER-SAFETY-SYSTEM.
___Their test was on a short-stroked case and after the trigger is pulled the not yet set striker doesn't ignite the case with a pull of the trigger; although the slide still chambered a round.
___ THEN they dropped the gun and the striker; not yet restrained by the STRIKER-SAFETY-SYSTEM since the STRIKER WAS NOT COCKED YET; could then set off a primed case.

THE REAL ISSUE IS:
1) Short-stroking the slide can still chamber a round
2) BUT NOT YET COCK THE STRIKER of the CCP
3) THAT UNCOCKED STRIKER is not yet RESTRAINED BY THE STRIKER-SAFETY-SYSTEM.
4) PULLING THE TRIGGER WILL NOT IGNITE THE ROUND;
you have a DEAD TRIGGER!

5) BUT DROPPING THE CCP AFTERWARDS, now without AN ACTIVE STRIKER-SAFETY-SYSTEM, can cause a classic drop AD.

____They preformed this test 60+ times with the same results and on a CCP they just bought from a local gun shop to compare to their test gun to be certain they didn't have a fluke defective gun.
____They contacted Walther about this issue as described above, Walther said Yes it exists.

By the way, I am encouraged some gun owners like you, really do investigate their guns to insure their safety. That is a testament to your dedication to safety. ;)

___By the way, I spent 4 years in tech-school and 27 in High-Tech reorganizing an engineer's notes so people in production could have steps they could use to test product; I was good at my job; until it was sent overseas and I was deemed too old to work in High-Tech. (I also am 62)
___Sorting and following instructions is not for a newbie and it took me a while to be proficient at it...I am not surprised you slipped up on the sequence to cause this failure and am sure most other readers did also, sorry that's my fault. :oops:

LOL
I just got back from the gun room. Just a few notes.

I measured the distance from the front of the frame to the front of the slide with the slide held firmly to the rear. That measured 1 5/16". I then compared that to the distance where the bolt face actually engages the rim of the cartridge. That was 1 1/4", a difference of 1/16". Since I am alone, I had to place my steel ruler in the vice while I manipulated the pistol next to the ruler.

I then attempted to chamber that empty case in the usual fashion, which is to let the slide go forward under its own momentum (a real world scenario). As with my other autoloading pistols (as well as autoloading rifles and bolt rifles), it is exasperatingly difficult, if not impossible, to chamber an empty case in the usual fashion. The open case mouths always stick on the feed ramp or otherwise get sideways and jammed up. Feed ramps in firearms are all designed to function with cases with bullets in them. I am curious about how these authors got that pistol to function (feed) reliably with empty cases?

At any rate, when I carry, I always have one in the chamber. My habit is to lock the slide back with no magazine, and then drop a round in the chamber, let the slide go into battery, and then install my full magazine. I ran my CCP through my drills as stated, and it functioned flawlessly and safely. Until Walther notifies me of a recall, I am not going to sweat the program too much.

Regards,
Bill

Last Edited:
I just got back from the gun room. Just a few notes.

I measured the distance from the front of the frame to the front of the slide with the slide held firmly to the rear. That measured 1 5/16". I then compared that to the distance where the bolt face actually engages the rim of the cartridge. That was 1 1/4", a difference of 1/16". Since I am alone, I had to place my steel ruler in the vice while I manipulated the pistol next to the ruler.

I then attempted to chamber that empty case in the usual fashion, which is to let the slide go forward under its own momentum (a real world scenario). As with my other autoloading pistols (as well as autoloading rifles and bolt rifles), it is exasperatingly difficult, if not impossible, to chamber an empty case in the usual fashion. The open case mouths always stick on the feed ramp or otherwise get sideways and jammed up. Feed ramps in firearms are all designed to function with cases with bullets in them. I am curious about how these authors got that pistol to function (feed) reliably with empty cases?

At any rate, when I carry, I always have one in the chamber. My habit is to lock the slide back with no magazine, and then drop a round in the chamber, let the slide go into battery, and then install my full magazine. I ran my CCP through my drills as stated, and it functioned flawlessly and safely. Until Walther notifies me of a recall, I am not going to sweat the program too much.

Regards,
Bill

As you wish, most of us would rarely ever short-stroke the slide, once Walther fixes this issue I will get an upgraded CCP.
The original issue was short-stroking a live bullet. For testing likely one person just dropped a primed case into the chamber while another held the slide open at 98%.

My XD-9's, with their convenient "Striker-Cocked-Indicator", required only 4mm of rearward slide movement to reset their strikers, they also issued an audible "Click".

LOL:)

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top