JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

Will you be boycotting Russian made firearm related products?

• I will not be buying anymore Russian made firearm products.

Votes: 17 27.0%
  • I will not buy any recently imported Russian made firearm related products.

Votes: 4 6.3%
  • I will be legally exporting all my Russian made products to Ukraine.

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • I will still buy Russian made products, my AKs gotta eat.

Votes: 24 38.1%
  • Half the products I buy are made in China, I may as well buy Russian products too.

Votes: 17 27.0%

• Total voters
Status
In the ultimate case of virtue signaling the state of California is renaming the "Russian River" to the "Rushing River" and changing all the signs also…

Salad dressing manufacturers are recalling all of their "Russian" salad dressings too!!!

:D
and I like russian dressing! dammit.

Just calling out hypocrisy when I see it
Okay, okay, I'll play your game. Here's what I can tell you. My computer was not made in any particular country since I had it custom built in the United States a few years ago and can't vouch for components one way or the other, although the heart of it consists of Intel Core i9-10920X Cascade Lake chips (I believe it is still true that no Intel chips are manufactured in China). My phone is South Korean (Samsung). It's still early on a Saturday yet, so in truth I'm just wearing a robe which according to the label was made in Vietnam. As for trinkets, the majority of "trinkets" I buy are tools, either for shooting or work around the house, and in that regard I can assure you I always avoid made in China. As I indicated to monkeybutler, attempting to be a "purist" is really not the point; the point is to make a conscientious effort to do your best to protect American interests by not sending your dollars to China.

AKs are garbage anyway LOL
AK_s_for_everyone.png

WAIT, Wait, wait......
Soup_Nazi.png
NONE for YOU!

Rrrrrright......and I approve of this message.
Kalashnikov02.jpg

A-Men.
Blessings.gif

And then came.....the Music Break. R.I.P. Sidney Poitier.

Aloha, Mark

What strong response do you suggest that would be acceptable to the American public? Remember, Putin has a big nuclear button too.
US energy independence, unleash our own oil companies to drill and frack, sell excess to our allies, maybe even undercut Putin just to stick a finger in his eye. SHOW a little muscle flex in that fashion, and watch the draw back begin. Oil is the main money stream for Russia. Using environmentalism as an excuse to not do this is akin to communist propaganda. The result is that we now buy oil FROM Russia, who will not be conforming to some strict policies such as US companies would face, so the end result is a dirtier planet while enriching our enemies. Not a fan.

US energy independence, unleash our own oil companies to drill and frack, sell excess to our allies, maybe even undercut Putin just to stick a finger in his eye. SHOW a little muscle flex in that fashion, and watch the draw back begin. Oil is the main money stream for Russia. Using environmentalism as an excuse to not do this is akin to communist propaganda. The result is that we now buy oil FROM Russia, who will not be conforming to some strict policies such as US companies would face, so the end result is a dirtier planet while enriching our enemies. Not a fan.
On this line of thinking. And since you mentioned the Russian oil.

Europe could stand to also "feel the pain a bit". I mean, it shouldn't be all virtue signaling. Sanctions, really?

Shouldn't a policy of support for Ukraine come with some "real pain"?

Aloha, Mark

Says the man who typed that out on a Chinese made device to a website likely stored on Chinese made servers while wearing at least one Chinese made article of clothing in a house filled with more Chinese made trinkets than he realizes
Because people before us made bad decisions, eliminating options for us. There are still some choices to be made.

Sure. Buy the $20 shovel at Bi-mart vs the $15 shovel at Harbor Freight.
UP TO YOU!

Aloha, Mark

COME_on_man.jpg
That's NOT what I meant when speaking about "shovel ready projects". Because......everyone knows that I'm trying my best (and the Dems are also trying nationwide) to ban home-built firearms.

Is that you Brandon?

Aloha, Mark

China cyberattacks the US daily, the biggest publicly shared cyber attacks on American institutions regularly are traced back to China. China has been in a Cold War with the US since Korea. Despite all this an extreme majority of everyday products are produced in China and exported to America.

If there are American made alternatives for a product you want to buy, sure, great - but not buying something you need that will negatively impact you by not having it would be a poor strategic choice compared to the minuscule benefit it gives to China/Russia. There is power is scale, yes, but I view the bigger battle is one of education and morality than commerce. America won't survive decade after decade of dumbed down American education coupled with moral decay that reduces societies ability to healthily and effectively function/grow.

China cyberattacks the US daily, the biggest publicly shared cyber attacks on American institutions regularly are traced back to China. China has been in a Cold War with the US since Korea. Despite all this an extreme majority of everyday products are produced in China and exported to America.

If there are American made alternatives for a product you want to buy, sure, great - but not buying something you need that will negatively impact you by not having it would be a poor strategic choice compared to the minuscule benefit it gives to China/Russia. There is power is scale, yes, but I view the bigger battle is one of education and morality than commerce. America won't survive decade after decade of dumbed down American education coupled with moral decay that reduces societies ability to healthily and effectively function/grow.
Cyber attacks on the US are split about evenly between Russia and China. The biggest attack - the Colonial Pipeline - came from somewhere in eastern Europe. So Russia or its agents. Solarwinds is also likely Russian.

Cyber attacks on the US are split about evenly between Russia and China. The biggest attack - the Colonial Pipeline - came from somewhere in eastern Europe. So Russia or its agents. Solarwinds is also likely Russian.
I don't doubt that China and Russia are happily coordinating regarding those.

I need to get me one of those shovel rifles! I heard there handing out AK'S in Ukraine? I also heard that there is a shift ton of sweet guns you can get in Afghanistan! Brandon and Gay uncle Peter are gonna take yours though! "Hell yeah we're gonna take your ar15"!

Status

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads