JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

Will you be boycotting Russian made firearm related products?

• I will not be buying anymore Russian made firearm products.

Votes: 17 27.0%
  • I will not buy any recently imported Russian made firearm related products.

Votes: 4 6.3%
  • I will be legally exporting all my Russian made products to Ukraine.

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • I will still buy Russian made products, my AKs gotta eat.

Votes: 24 38.1%
  • Half the products I buy are made in China, I may as well buy Russian products too.

Votes: 17 27.0%

• Total voters
Status
Reactions
Previous Russian land grabs didn't seem to deter American buyers of Russian made firearm related products. I am curious if the recent land grab has changed any minds regarding boycott of Russian products.

If I had to guess, I'd say most people will ignore foreign affairs and pursue their private interests. Rather than make a symbolic sacrifice that will have no practical punitive effect against Russia.

Would you stop buying gasoline for your car if you thought some of it came from Russian oil? Not even Pres. Biden will do that. His sanctions against Russia do not include oil. Which is Russia's largest export and source of money. But the politics and finances of the energy industry are fragile enough that this form of punishing Russia won't be used. At least as announced to date.

I will abstain from voting because I'm not buying anymore anything from anywhere.

If I had to guess, I'd say most people will ignore foreign affairs and pursue their private interests. Rather than make a symbolic sacrifice that will have no practical punitive effect against Russia.

Would you stop buying gasoline for your car if you thought some of it came from Russian oil? Not even Pres. Biden will do that. His sanctions against Russia do not include oil. Which is Russia's largest export and source of money. But the politics and finances of the energy industry are fragile enough that this form of punishing Russia won't be used. At least as announced to date.

I will abstain from voting because I'm not buying anymore anything from anywhere.
I suspect you're right.

Well. Seeing as the current only game in town for 6.5 Grendel ammo other than American made; is Barnaul (Wolf); I don't know.
I heard Palmetto State Armory is going to start manufacturing steel case ammo hear in the States. I wonder if they will be making 6.5G?

Edit: Doesn't look like 6.5G is on their list.

I heard Palmetto State Armory is going to start manufacturing steel case ammo hear in the States. I wonder if they will be making 6.5G?

Edit: Doesn't look like 6.5G is on their list.

Probably not. Hard to compete with Wolf for prices currently. Huge jump from $0.70 /rd cheapest to $1.70/rd Hornady brass.

But Ammoseek doesn't list any PPU in stock; so thats out. No Hornady Frontier FMJ 6.5 Grendel currently in stock. Just Wolf then Fort Scott Munitions (Tumble on Impact SD/hunting) then Hornady (Custom SST or ELD Black) and Federal American Eagle Open Tip Match.
6.5G seems like a reloaders cartridge these days unless a huge pile of that Wolf ammo shows up again. I wish I would have bought more of it during the brownells sales.

Those where the days.

Ammo seek shows a lot of Wolf 6.5 Grendel but ranging from $0.70 to $0.99 a round. At that point, one could save money reloading brass.

I paid $19 per box of 20 for Hornady Frontier FMJ a couple years ago. Most expensive 6.5 Grendel was Hornady Custom SST at $38 a box from Sportsman's. Cheapest was $12 a box for Wolf from Target Sports a couple years ago..

I'm a huge combloc person when it comes to my firearms and accessories, but I actually decided to no longer buy current-production firearms or firearm related Russian products after their annexation of Crimea in 2014. Ever since then I'm made a point of only purchasing combloc items that did not originate in Russia, or if they are Russian, have already been in the States for a long time.

I think the bigger inconvenience for me now will be my recent personal boycott of Belarusian items, since that's where pretty much all my combloc optics come from. Thankfully, I already have a good amount of said optics, so there's nothing I really "need" at this point.

Ammo seek shows a lot of Wolf 6.5 Grendel but ranging from $0.70 to $0.99 a round. At that point, one could save money reloading brass.

I paid $19 per box of 20 for Hornady Frontier FMJ a couple years ago. Most expensive 6.5 Grendel was Hornady Custom SST at $38 a box from Sportsman's. Cheapest was $12 a box for Wolf from Target Sports a couple years ago..
Yeah I snagged 1000 rounds, I wonder what % old blood n guts putin gets

When the ban on arms imports from Russia passes congress soon, it's going to skyrocket.

Whether you actively want to boycott Russia or not (and I'm for that), it will be used by antis to shut down arms and ammo trade further.

When the ban on arms imports from Russia passes congress soon, it's going to skyrocket.

Whether you actively want to boycott Russia or not (and I'm for that), it will be used by antis to shut down arms and ammo trade further.
I don't know who an ammo ban is supposed to hurt. Also, will we be as supportive when China takes over Taiwan? Not talking bullets. Talking everything else made in China.

Dust off the rust belt. We'll have start making everything here again just like pappy did. I don't have a list of goods and materials we get from Russia. They seem to be a physical super power but not a financial one. What we take away, I think they'll just take from someplace else. Who is going to stop them?

Pretty soon scroungers will be all over the outdoor/dispersed target shooting areas picking up every last piece of lacquered steel case everywhere.

Didn't vote.

We did it before and we can do it again lets MAKE MERICA GREAT AGAIN !
1645799987833.png

Status

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews