JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Seems like activity on in the classifieds section is really dropping off. I feel like we hit a high in terms of peer to peer transactions a few months back. Now I see countless listings with zero replies, likes etc. that have been posted for weeks. All kinds of stuff even really good stuff priced reasonably. Am I missing something here, or all we all just burnt out of buying firearms related things on NWFA?
To many people trying to make a living off of selling firearms and to many others pricing their guns at full price after testing them out

Another aspect that hurts the popularity of the classifieds is the hassle factor of likely having to go to the FFL twice to complete a transfer. Unless you get an instant approval (most people don't), you'll have to initiate the transfer and then come back to pick up your gun (whether after a 3-day release or weeks in the queue). This is especially obnoxious if the transfer FFL is more than a few minutes/miles away. Harder to justify making a 2 hour drive twice.

Another aspect that hurts the popularity of the classifieds is the hassle factor of likely having to go to the FFL twice to complete a transfer. Unless you get an instant approval (most people don't), you'll have to initiate the transfer and then come back to pick up your gun (whether after a 3-day release or weeks in the queue). This is especially obnoxious if the transfer FFL is more than a few minutes/miles away. Harder to justify making a 2 hour drive twice.
Three trips to the FFL if doing a FFL to FFL transfer/ exchange. One for the transfer, two to receive the item and start the BGC and 3 to pick up after approval.

Nope. Just a sky high income tax to ensure you've got nothing left to spend.
Also, you make/have so much money......In the last year and half, or so, everything you buy to live, EVERTHING, has gone up. I've seen all things we use every day/week/month in our household rise in price from a few percentage points to near 100%. People are using money that might have been for play and recreation now for necessities.

Thankfully a 30 pack of PBR is still only $19.95!

Hey, it is a filtered word.

Here's a quick list of all the things that can't be said: bubblegum, bubblegum's, bubblegum'ed, bubblegum, bubblegum the bubbleguming bubblegum, bubblegumer, bubblegum, fat bubblegum, bubblegum, bubblegum, bubblegum, bubblegum, bubblegum, bubblegum, bubblegum.

Happy now?
You can say damn though.

Sh!t, f-ck, b!tch, and so on…..

Tranfer fee is a given.

tax on $900 would be 76.50 plus 25 shipping

$1001.50 total

So a buck fifty savings dealing with classified guy

maybe worth it to some?

That being said, there are three of these on GB this morning

One being bid on at $801

One starting bit $850 with no reserve

and

One just popped up $750 with no reserve
Well the only other advantage to buying off the classifieds would be the ability to inspect the gun before you buy it.
YMMV

Maybe if one y'all sees my question instead of starting a thread……

I could swear I was just looking at a Henry model x in 44/44mag a few days ago in classifieds.

I wasn't dreaming….. pretty sure

But I can't find it again….. aren't post supposed to stay up after sale?

Or did they violate and the add was pulled by mods?

I could swear I was just looking at a Henry model x in 44/44mag a few days ago in classifieds.

Filter for locked ads.

Once it's locked, they kind of disappear.

I always offer shipping. In fact I prefer to ship. I sometimes offer to buy things face to face in Salem (no transfer fee!) as my mfg. license does not travel, but people will not make the drive down here from Portland. They have their favorite LGS/Pawn and won't budge. One (1) gentleman from Portland did come down last year and I bought a bunch of stuff from him. Thank you Sir if you are reading this.

I'd bet there would be more replies if prices weren't ridiculous and certain members would ship anything. It's especially infuriating when some psycho has an awesome deal but refuses to ship. I ignore members and listings with unfair pricing and that are inconsiderate and lazy by not willing to ship anything.

Last Edited:
I just placed a small ad under cost.
I do think the last 5 years prices have gone up though. Hence why I do not buy
firearms or ammo anymore.
But I will say our family is not selling any firearm. Seems like they are getting harder to acquire.
Which mean harder to sell. So the supply to buy at a fair price, results in less buys.
And really must be effecting prices?

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top