JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
will potential buyer have to pay the $25-$35 transfer fee similar to a person to person
Most likely not, but it's up to the shop. They'll probably still charge the $10 bgc fee that goes to OSP for running background check on buyer, but their commission will probably cover the "transfer" portion of their fees since they're just processing a regular 4473 from ffl to buyer. You just gotta ask the shop you're handing it off to.

OK, sounds like be careful who you decide to make friends with. . . .
That precaution has to also include, "be careful of who your sons/daughters make friends with", as well as, "be careful of who you hire for home repairs or remodeling". The usual hedge against those who've been invited into your home, is to keep your firearms storage as invisible (or disguised) as possible.

Improve on that precaution by getting a sacrificial safe, the biggest you can afford to lose. Turn it into an attractive decoy with some gun-guy decals. Move it into your bedroom closet and stuff it full of bricks.

There is always a string hanging off these scenerios. If you buy a gun from the LGS is the transfer less? Some do not want to deal with as many private transfers so they use $$ to ward them off. But if I saw the $75 sign I probably would not ever buy from them again.
I had the range I belonged to tell me the cost of holding a can (in jail) for me but they would charge me $175. Decent range but I'll never buy anything from them. But... they have the right to extort charge whatever they want, there are other options out there.

There is always a string hanging off these scenerios. If you buy a gun from the LGS is the transfer less? Some do not want to deal with as many private transfers so they use $$ to ward them off. But if I saw the $75 sign I probably would not ever buy from them again.
I had the range I belonged to tell me the cost of holding a can (in jail) for me but they would charge me $175. Decent range but I'll never buy anything from them. But... they have the right to extort charge whatever they want, there are other options out there.
I have LONG said people who go out of business "normally" only have to look in the mirror for why. Of course they never do. Its always a list of other things that killed the place they started. :s0092:
FFL's are no different. If there is no other choice in an area they may get away with hosing people but, they will not make good customer base support. Works the other way too. Wife and I did business with a Mom & Pop place here for a couple decades. Their price was often not quite lowest but, I liked the way they did things for us and it made me willing to through more money at them. Screw people over and you may get away with it but, you also tend to lose them for life.

I have LONG said people who go out of business "normally" only have to look in the mirror for why. Of course they never do. Its always a list of other things that killed the place they started. :s0092:
FFL's are no different. If there is no other choice in an area they may get away with hosing people but, they will not make good customer base support. Works the other way too. Wife and I did business with a Mom & Pop place here for a couple decades. Their price was often not quite lowest but, I liked the way they did things for us and it made me willing to through more money at them. Screw people over and you may get away with it but, you also tend to lose them for life.
I agree. Good customer service and good customer relations are a determining thing for me.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top