JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Ok, so I have been on a few kicks lately; latest gen bullpup stuff, PCCs, more big bore AR. But as with all things ADD, the next shiny is looming. I think I want to go back to collecting some older militaria. I have a few, like the M1 series (M1 Garand, M1 carbine, M1A) and a small collection of Nagants. I have a nice example of an AK-47 pattern rifle (though who could not use more of those). Of course I have a (sort of) traditional AR-15/M4ish rifle. But I kinda want more. And ho boy are there more out there. Springfields and Enfields and FALs and BARs and who knows what else. Way too many for me to focus on. So I am asking for a little help, what should I look for next?

Criteria;
  • Looking for stuff from, say, WWI up through the mid cold war (maybe, say, the '60s)
  • Needs to be iconic, either for a specific conflict or for a nation or power.
  • Should be a shooter, does not need to be original. I am mostly interested in types, not specific collectables. "Sporting" or "civilian" versions are A-OK. If you know a good make or model post it. If you know a bad make or model post that too.
  • Easy to find ammo for is a plus, but not a deal breaker.
  • Availability is a big plus. This is an ADD project. If a super rare example wins this peer pressure contest I will keep an eye out for one, but if I get distracted by the next new shiny that is on you guys for making the challenge to hard.
So tell me what you guys like, and give a thumbs up to the people suggesting the things I should look out for. Convince me what my next collectable should be.
I have a 1909 Enfield with a magazine block with complete wood and a brand new barrel I'll sell you

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews