JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I'm in need of holsters for several of my handguns that are mostly just sitting in a safe or a dressor drawer. I have several carry guns that are already holstered but I'm looking for other options for my P320 X guns ( 320X5 & X10) plus I also have a Gp100 that may need outfitted, though I think I will look for a chest rig for that one. Does anyone have any suggestions for drop leg or possibly shoulder rig for either of these two models of Sigs. The X10 also has a foxtrot2 weapon light on it and I'm thinking of dropleg for that one .

The only (slight) bother about that holster is the strap that holds the gun in its vertical position.

When re-holstering, you have to be careful to keep that strap out of the way. It seems possible that it could end up sticking through the trigger guard. If that happened, and the gun was shoved down into the holster with enough force, it might pull the trigger.

I just make sure the strap is out of the way when re-holstering. So far, I've had no trouble with this rig.

I'm in need of holsters for several of my handguns that are mostly just sitting in a safe or a dressor drawer. I have several carry guns that are already holstered but I'm looking for other options for my P320 X guns ( 320X5 & X10) plus I also have a Gp100 that may need outfitted, though I think I will look for a chest rig for that one. Does anyone have any suggestions for drop leg or possibly shoulder rig for either of these two models of Sigs. The X10 also has a foxtrot2 weapon light on it and I'm thinking of dropleg for that one .
For a Ruger GP100 you can order a custom Kenai Chest Holster.

I have this one for my Anaconda. It's very good quality.
Their customer service is prompt but... weird. They kept answering questions that were not quite the question that I asked, if that makes sense. It's probably either AI or ESL.

My 2 Cents

95% of the people I see running drop leg rigs, wear the rig entirely too low. Like half way down their thigh. This isn't always their fault as it's also pretty common that the down strap on many thigh rigs is entirely too long. The whole purpose of a drop leg rig is to clear body armor. The holster should be just low enough to do that and no lower. Because draw speed is increased as you move further down the leg and the rig becomes much more unstable the further down the leg you go...especially when running.

G Code has solved this problem with their Mule Rig. The Mule comes with a much shorter down-strap. Also note that there are several ways to attach the rig to the belt. If you look at the photos you'll see the various options...simple strap, RTI Clip (my personal favorite for easy on and off) and their REAC Clip (also pretty easy on and off).

Note that G Codes stuff is fully compatible with Safariland. So you can easily attach a Safariland ALS holster to G Code's Mule platform. You could also go with one of G Codes holsters which are very good and nowhere near as expensive as a Safariland rig. G Code has a holster with a rotating hood that is spring loaded (Safariland's is not) but they don't have anything like Safariland's ALS rig.

Alternatively you could opt for G Code's drop belt mount (linky below). Safariland also has several drop belt mounts in varying degrees of drop. Belt drops can be more stable than thigh rigs since the pistol isn't mounted directly to a leg that is flying around like when you run. And you can still get a decent amount of drop to clear whatever you're trying to clear...or if you just have bad shoulders.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top