JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I'm just curious if I have a LGS sell my firearm via consignment will potential buyer have to pay the $25-$35 transfer fee similar to a person to person transaction?

Thinking about just having someone like tick lickers sell vs waiting on classified sale. Figured it'd make firearm more affordable for potential buyers as well.

You'd probably make more money just dropping the price a bit here.

More than likely the shop will ask you how much you're looking to make and take a percentage of that.

It will also depend on the firearm and how easy it will be for them to move it.

I don't think so. It goes in their inventory, not just a quick in and out mediation

The whole point of the transfer fee is for the FFL to make money. If they sell your consignment, they are making money that way so the fee wouldn't need to be in play.

Ok thanks for replies.

Dropping price to cover transfer fees or 20-25% of net sale. Ill probably just drop price here accordingly to accommodate the costs of fees.

Offering to cover the transfer fee works well to move items as well. Atleast it has for me.

Last Edited:
I bought a gun at the Albany gun show from a vendor using Tick Lickers for transfers. I thought that TL was super expensive for a transfer at $45 (total), that was until I walked into Coat of Arms today while on lunch and saw a sign stating $50 for a transfer. So, figure those types of realistic numbers into your price.

I bought a gun at the Albany gun show from a vendor using Tick Lickers for transfers. I thought that TL was super expensive for a transfer at $45 (total), that was until I walked into Coat of Arms today while on lunch and saw a sign stating $50 for a transfer. So, figure those types of realistic numbers into your price.
I don't recall the shop in Gresham but I met someone to do a transfer but it was $75.00 dollars….

I have to guess no but only way to know would be ask them. I did ask a while back at the range I use. Their "cut" was %15 up to a certain value. The gun was going into their inventory. They said it is did not sell I would have to do the BGC to get it back so the gun is on their books.

I have to guess no but only way to know would be ask them. I did ask a while back at the range I use. Their "cut" was %15 up to a certain value. The gun was going into their inventory. They said it is did not sell I would have to do the BGC to get it back so the gun is on their books.
That makes sense. You would definitely have to do a transfer if it didn't sell. The same goes for people who pawn firearms. You gotta pay to get them back. I have a friend who just dealt with this due to the fact someone pawned their firearm without them knowing and to get it back the same individual who pawned it had to be present and pay the transfer fee to get it back.

That's so ludicrous 😆 🤣 bureaucracy at it finest. Gotta do a background check just in case you happened to become a felon while waiting for your gun to sale or while you pay back your loan.

Coat of arms must've raised it because when I did a couple there over the summer it was only $30 +$10 for bgc.

That was for gunbroker purchase/transfer.

That makes sense. You would definitely have to do a transfer if it didn't sell. The same goes for people who pawn firearms. You gotta pay to get them back. I have a friend who just dealt with this due to the fact someone pawned their firearm without them knowing and to get it back the same individual who pawned it had to be present and pay the transfer fee to get it back.
Would that be theft? Would sure piss me off. Have to guess it must have been someone they knew well though. Probably more damn trouble than it would be worth to file a report on as the Police would of course want to know how the theft happened. Guess at least he got his damn gun back but still :mad:

That's so ludicrous 😆 🤣 bureaucracy at it finest. Gotta do a background check just in case you happened to become a felon while waiting for your gun to sale or while you pay back your loan.

Coat of arms must've raised it because when I did a couple there over the summer it was only $30 +$10 for bgc.

That was for gunbroker purchase/transfer.
Yes, the sign stated the price change as of Sept 1 if I recall correct. To be truly transparent it also stated the second transfer would only be $20.

Would that be theft? Would sure piss me off. Have to guess it must have been someone they knew well though. Probably more damn trouble than it would be worth to file a report on as the Police would of course want to know how the theft happened. Guess at least he got his damn gun back but still :mad:
Theft if you're willing to report/press charges. They were unwilling to do so.

Theft if you're willing to report/press charges. They were unwilling to do so.
About what I thought. Someone they knew well enough that they did not want to go to Cops over it. Really sucks but at least they did get the gun back. Guess actually better that than the idiot sell it and it end up at some crime scene before the owner even knew it was gone. :(

About what I thought. Someone they knew well enough that they did not want to go to Cops over it. Really sucks but at least they did get the gun back. Guess actually better that than the idiot sell it and it end up at some crime scene before the owner even knew it was gone. :(
The gun is still at the pawn shop. The individual who pawned it can't pass a BGC to get it back. A lot more goes into the whole ordeal but it's not my place to air out their business.

Offering to cover the transfer fee works well to move items as well. Atleast it has for me.
That would be my approach. Simply dropping the price to cover fees is an "unseen" additional value to the buyer. Offering to cover the transfer fee becomes an upfront high value selling point, IMHO.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top