JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'd take a PC 9 with a wood stock for sure. I checked one out at the store though, and I don't know how easy it'd be to make a wood stock work with the magwell adapter. She's a beamy one.

I dig the Rugers. Here's my fanboy story: Over 1000 rounds through my Mark III, with no field strip level cleaning - just the barrel and what I could do with it put together. Not a single malfunction of any kind.

Pretty dirty when I finally took it apart though. Reassembly was as bad as the Internet told me.

Tried taking down a buddy's Mark IV. Hard to beat that. It's next on my Ruger list, assuming I could sell mine. Anyone want to buy a Mark III? I've always taken good care of it. ;)

I've been eyeballing this guy a lot.

upload_2019-4-2_18-27-30.jpeg

Lol I just got a Ruger American 308 Rifle.
But I have a 10/22 RIFLE and a 22/45 pistol.
But I also have a Ruger P89 9MM PISTOL.
OVER 2O YEARS OLD.
Still works

Exactly why I picked up this Copper Mica Edition in Decmber...
View attachment 565190
That looks like the same gun/stock that is on the 3rd 'collectors' edition rifle that I've seen floating around. It caught my eye because the stock is green, and the video I watched it looked like more of a brighter green than the typical OD green. Been thinking about getting one of those for my wife since green is her favorite color.

Does that stock adjust for length of pull and height?

Gun manufacturers recipe for success...

#1 thread all your barrels!
#2 accept glock mags
#3 10mm and 6.5 Creedmore
#4 make your long guns fit in a backpack
#5 don't be Remington

I was able to handle one of the 3rd edition collectors 10/22 mentioned in post 88 and verify that it is a normal (brighter) green and not the OD green listed on the spec sheet. So I purchased one for my wife. Also purchased a bipod for the rifle.

She like me is not getting any younger and I suspect she will want some sort of optic sooner rather than later so I'll have to figure out something there. Went to order the high comb/std pull stock module that PNWguy kindly linked to and found Ruger is out of stock but should have some on the 24th.

Thanks for all the help!

I've been considering a PC9, a takedown 10/22, & if they offer a 10mm PCC, I'll take it too. I like the Magpul stocks for the 10/22, hoping they offer similar for the PCC.
I know I don't offer anything new to this thread, but I do like the products they are making lately...

I owned a Hi-Point 9mm carbine...fine for throwing in the back of the truck with the dog hair.

Picked up the new PCC and could not be happier with it, digests bullets from 27 round Magpul mags like candy...little recoil, much less snappy then the HI-Point, and far more accurate. Excellent balance. And literally just seconds to assemble or dissemble and repack onto a compact case.

Where I live the nearest range is an hour drive, so I shoot in the local wood into a hillside where the max range is 30 yards. Perfect for a 9mm carbine with a Sig red dot mounted on it.

And according to studies, +P coming out of that longer barrel is in the .357 pistol zone. I would not feel under armed with this rifle under a hundred yards, and I do not anticipate any long range firefights in my future.

The 'buzz' that Ruger built the PCC with the intention to sell additional caliber parts, essentially making it a modular caliber weapon, seems well substantiated by the tungsten recoil weight that is stamped #1, and a bolt face that can be changed with just a screwdriver. So new barrel, different tungsten weight, bolt face and perhaps recoil spring, and now it's a different caliber long gun.

And there was no reason for Ruger to rush to market with a full menu on tap, rolling out the 9mm first provides them with some market capture data they can use to determine if the buyers are out there to put the other caliber into production, which are no doubt currently under development.

Actually prefer the PCC to my Mini 14. Cheaper to shoot, and less worry about errant rounds hitting a mile away.

And while my customized G43 is my primary CC much of the time, my Ruger LCP2 is my carry the rest of the time. Best damn little pistol for the $ out there.

I have one of these in 45 Colt/45 acp. Great pop-gun and more accurate than I can shoot it.
Good to hear.

They sure have been tempting me.

I haven't seen a whole lot of them on the shelves, my wallet likes that, I don't. I want to feel one up! Lol!

For now I'm just drooling at pictures of them.

Good to hear.

They sure have been tempting me.

I haven't seen a whole lot of them on the shelves, my wallet likes that, I don't. I want to feel one up! Lol!

For now I'm just drooling at pictures of them.

Just get thee to a gun shoppe and fondle any Blackhawk, they're pretty much all the same except for the size of the holes.

Just get thee to a gun shoppe and fondle any Blackhawk, they're pretty much all the same except for the size of the holes.
True.

The more I look, I'm actually really liking the Vaquero more.

Picked up the new PCC and could not be happier with it, digests bullets from 27 round Magpul mags like candy...little recoil, much less snappy then the HI-Point, and far more accurate. Excellent balance. And literally just seconds to assemble or dissemble and repack onto a compact case.

And according to studies, +P coming out of that longer barrel is in the .357 pistol zone. I would not feel under armed with this rifle under a hundred yards, and I do not anticipate any long range firefights in my future.

The 'buzz' that Ruger built the PCC with the intention to sell additional caliber parts, essentially making it a modular caliber weapon, seems well substantiated by the tungsten recoil weight that is stamped #1, and a bolt face that can be changed with just a screwdriver. So new barrel, different tungsten weight, bolt face and perhaps recoil spring, and now it's a different caliber long gun.

And while my customized G43 is my primary CC much of the time, my Ruger LCP2 is my carry the rest of the time. Best damn little pistol for the $ out there.

Ditto on both from me. The LCPII replaced a well worn Kel-Tec I had carried since they came to market. Trigger is SOOOO much better.
The little rifle is still the best money I have spent in decades and now, as if I needd another place to spend, Volquartsen is now showing they have stuff for this rifle on the way!

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews