JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Was is really cowardice?

"Another senior police officer said he didn't excuse the lack of action but blamed City Council rules that dictate how cops can make arrests and the Civilian Complaint Review Board for taking cops to administrative trial for doing their jobs.

"I'm not saying what he did is ok, but they made it this way," the cop said."

Standing around watching one guy wail on your partner and another guy step back and take full force kicks at him and then let them walk off.

Pretty much the definition of cowardice. No way Charles Bronson would have put up with that.

5CDA8DB5-F4E3-4593-9879-02958A158942.png

A smart person can learn from other peoples mistakes a stupid person has to learn from their own. We have an abundance of the latter. Until enough of these people that have let their bleeding heart overrule their feeble mind become firsthand victims of their own policies it won't change

Was is really cowardice?

"Another senior police officer said he didn't excuse the lack of action but blamed City Council rules that dictate how cops can make arrests and the Civilian Complaint Review Board for taking cops to administrative trial for doing their jobs.

"I'm not saying what he did is ok, but they made it this way," the cop said."
That's a "cop" out. If people are violently attacking a police officer then there is an immediate justification for arrest.

Internal influences. "If I do nothing I continue to collect $145k per year and retire in a couple years. If I try to help my partner I might get hurt or get in trouble".

Cowardice. Plain and simple. No different than uvalde where they waited until 360 officers showed up and bubblegumed around for an hour before deciding to take action. Menwhile kids were bleeding to death.

I'm trying to write this without typing the swear words coming out of my mouth! I just recently retired after 26 years in local LE and I can say for sure that this would NEVER happen with the guys and gals I came up with! Especially if I was the one rushing in to help a partner! I will agree with those of you who said this was pure cowardice, but I also agree that current policies and procedures set by many departments, especially large bureaucratic city departments, are setting cops up for failure and maybe even death! When I was in patrol, we did have a procedure of using the minimum amount of force necessary to effect an arrest, as common sense would dictate. So, the primary officer in a call would deal with a suspect, go hands on if needed, and that officer would be allowed to do what they had to to get the suspect in custody. Meaning that any fighting would be one-on-one, with the back-up officer watching the primary's back. If the primary started losing the fight, or the level of resistance was "amping" up, then the back-up would have to step in. This was done to minimize excessive force or the so-called "pigpile" effect where officers end up fighting each other in a sense. I'm no longer in the know on these things but it seems like the powers that be, i.e. the mayor/city council, are pushing this type of policy to the point of being feckless. My 2 cents...sorry for the long story lol!

A smart person can learn from other peoples mistakes a stupid person has to learn from their own. We have an abundance of the latter. Until enough of these people that have let their bleeding heart overrule their feeble mind become firsthand victims of their own policies it won't change
I do feel bad for the Cops in these places. So many of them are scared to death to do anything because their own people will come after them not the scum. Cops need to just start to turn a blind eye to crime. Let the people who voted for this live in the 💩 they asked for.

The cop will be protected by his union.

You see, police have NO legal obligation or duty to protect anyone. That includes their fellow officers. There have been several Supreme Court cases substantiating this with Warren vs. DC being the first one...although technically that only applied to DC as DC has some weird standing where decisions regarding DC ONLY apply to DC and not the rest of the country.

Anyway, here's another situation where two COWARDLY NYPD officers sat behind a locked door in the conductors compartment while they watched a KNOWN murderer attack and knife a citizen. Fortunately the citizen was a big dude and was able to defend himself and got the bad guy on the ground and the knife away from him. It was only then that the cops came out of the protected compartment and arrested the dude.

"To PROTECT and Serve"...MAYBE.

You are your own first responder.

NOBODY is coming to save you. At least that is the way you had better plan and if you get any help, consider it a blessing.

Good luck...and may the odds be ever in your favor.

According to the initial report, Gelman started banging on the door of a motorman's cab, demanding to be let in and claiming he was the police, at which point two police officers assigned to the manhunt did not let him in the cab. According to a January 2012 New York Times story, Gelman knocked on the train conductor's booth and identified himself as a police officer; when the door failed to open, he lunged at Lozito, stabbed him in the head and face. Lozito fought back and eventually took Gelman down to the ground, the NYC Police came to assist once Gelman was already on the ground; the two police officers then leapt from the conductor's booth and arrested Gelman. Lozito later found out the police knew Gelman was dangerous but did nothing to help him when he was being stabbed because they thought Gelman had a gun; they only acted to help once Gelman was already on the ground.[10]

Sounds like someone needs to lose their job, forget about a desk job…. Oh that's right, his lazy azz is protected by a union…

Nuff said…

For the record, I was at one time a union member (S.E.I.U.), a shop steward and a contract negotiator.

I retired in 2020 from Law Enforcement and if one of my partners had let me take a beat down without intervening we would be fighting next.

Another issue is when you're a cop there is a gun at every interaction (your own). Pretty stupid to watch your partner get assaulted and potentially be incapacitated. His gun gets taken away and now you're in a gun fight in a crowded subway. Plain stupid and that guy should just retire. Coward at his finest.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA

New Resource Reviews