JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
PC Carbine is Hi-Point with lipstick . there proprietary magazines and 10-Round mag. ..etc. 'Mindset' . They wont change either .
Why should you have to munkeyfuk a halfazzed Magazine-block in, to accept a quality Glock mag. . Just make the damn thing with taking Glock Mags to magwell to begin with. there quality and mass produced . There is no SHAME in doing it 'Correct' the 1st time around . & this mindset goes all way back to the mini14's and there proprietary mags.you are married to, and funky dovetail with Ruger Rings .

PC Carbine is Hi-Point with lipstick . there proprietary magazines and 10-Round mag. ..etc. 'Mindset' . They wont change either .
Why should you have to munkeyfuk a halfazzed Magazine-block in, to accept a quality Glock mag. . Just make the damn thing with taking Glock Mags to magwell to begin with. there quality and mass produced . There is no SHAME in doing it 'Correct' the 1st time around . & this mindset goes all way back to the mini14's and there proprietary mags.you are married to, and funky dovetail with Ruger Rings .

Takes like 30 seconds to change the magwell, and having a replaceable Magwell means in the future it's easy to release them to take, say, a 1911 mag, or a 10mm magazine of some sort.

And the mini 14 came out in an era when AR mags were not ubiquitous like they are now.

Last Edited:

I have to "guess" you have never actually seen for handled the rifle we are talking about. The rifle comes set up to take either the current Ruger mags (SR) or Glock. Takes seconds to swap out the well. Co did, imagine still does, also off a well for the Security line mags. So not sure were this becomes "proprietary magazines and 10-Round mag. ..etc. 'Mindset". Since the mag that came with my Rifle is a Factory 17round SR mag. As for the "They wont change either" I also have to assume you have not seen what Ruger has been doing since the family was bought out years ago. Making AR's now, and no they don't come with a proprietary 10 round mag. They use standard AR mags. Hard to tell with the disjointed post but if you are talking about High Point? Yes they do use a proprietary mag. It's single stack and someone did long ago come out with higher capacity mags. High Point did not want to tool up to make a new receiver to take double stack mags. Probably would have been worth it if they did but seems to be working for them. Since you have access to the net you really may want to do some simple searching rather than just either making stuff up or repeating the bad info someone "told you" <shrug>

Takes like 30 seconds to change the magwell, and having a replaceable Magwell means in the future it's easy to release them to take, say, a 1911 mag, or a 10mm magazine of some sort.

And the mini 14 came out in an era when AR mags were not ubiquitous like they are now.
Not to mention the Mini was when Bill Sr was still in charge and he WAS NOT gun friendly. He like many other gun owners had some real strange idea's about what the "civilians" should be allowed to have. When I saw what he was coming out with now I thought it was because he died and the kids changed. It was a poster here who pointed me to the info that the family got bought out. So that is why they are now making stuff shooters want, rather than what they think we should be allowed to have.

I've handled the Ruger PCC. Meh. No thanks. And before anyone thinks I'm a Ruger hater, I own 3 of their revolvers.

I don't like what Ruger is doing with pistols (expect the SR1911). They used to make really good reliable pistols. Every new Ruger pistol I've handled has felt cheap and junky.

My FFL Dealer who is a stocking Ruger dealer said word has it from her wholesalers that Ruger is bringing out a 10-22 mag version and one in 17 HMR also in the 10-22 platform, but hadn't heard exactly when yet but the tpld my FFL Dealer to keep a heads up on them coming out. Those would he great! :rolleyes::cool:

My FFL Dealer who is a stocking Ruger dealer said word has it from her wholesalers that Ruger is bringing out a 10-22 mag version and one in 17 HMR also in the 10-22 platform, but hadn't heard exactly when yet but the tpld my FFL Dealer to keep a heads up on them coming out. Those would he great! :rolleyes::cool:

That would be another hit I suspect. Ammo is pricey but people seem to love it anyway.

I have to "guess" you have never actually seen for handled the rifle we are talking about. The rifle comes set up to take either the current Ruger mags (SR) or Glock. Takes seconds to swap out the well. Co did, imagine still does, also off a well for the Security line mags. So not sure were this becomes "proprietary magazines and 10-Round mag. ..etc. 'Mindset". Since the mag that came with my Rifle is a Factory 17round SR mag. As for the "They wont change either" I also have to assume you have not seen what Ruger has been doing since the family was bought out years ago. Making AR's now, and no they don't come with a proprietary 10 round mag. They use standard AR mags. Hard to tell with the disjointed post but if you are talking about High Point? Yes they do use a proprietary mag. It's single stack and someone did long ago come out with higher capacity mags. High Point did not want to tool up to make a new receiver to take double stack mags. Probably would have been worth it if they did but seems to be working for them. Since you have access to the net you really may want to do some simple searching rather than just either making stuff up or repeating the bad info someone "told you" <shrug>
-
Shot the Ruger Carbine. it a fun 'toy', but don't want my friends to see me shooting it .
Plugging Carbine Magwell to take assorted Magazines adapter housings, is (imho) really poor design . it is a 'Novelty' and halfAzed commitment of quality . Stick to One good Mag. that is mass produced, sold everywhere, good price-$ and proven as a solid GoTo for reliability . ( Like Glock )
Ruger is Not making AR15's . AR15's are not something new ? They are just putting AR parts together that they stamp/brand Ruger name on .
I Don't care for Ruger (except ) there big bore wheelguns, and Ruger senior RIP, was a Commie turncoat .

I know that this was custom ordered for a distributor, but this is darned near my dream revolver. GP100 5-shot, 5" heavy barrel in .44 Special.

Ruger .44 Spl GP100.png

Sig is like Nike.

Ruger is like Reebok.

I actually worked for Ruger for a few months in 2013 at the Prescott, AZ plant.

I have worked a few manufacturing jobs, so I know what it's like to be a cog in a machine.

Ruger has absolutely no regard for their employee's safety or well-being.

Their original manufacturing plant up in CT pays beginning CNC-operators $18.50 (or at least they did 6 years ago). In AZ, they pay you $10.50.

In fact, Ruger doesn't hire anyone off the street. They use a temp service called SOS Staffing. You apply through the temp agency, who gives you a test to determine your technical skills and general knowledge.

The higher you score, the better job you get and more money you make.

I had worked as an Auto Claims Adjuster for the past 6 years in Phoenix for USAA Insurance. I was going through a divorce and burned out, so I quit and wanted a low-stress job for a few months while I got ready to move back to Idaho.

I took the test and scored the highest, so was able to start as a CNC operator on a 4-Axis Fanuc machine making parts for the SR and old P-Series pistols for $10.50 an hour. The lowest scorers started in the finishing/polishing department at $8.50 an hour, which explains the rough finishes on every single Ruger I've bought the last decade or so.

I started on a team with about 10 other people. The Supervisor was a white guy my age who had been there 3 years. Nearly all of the operators were young Hispanic males. They all spoke english and the temp agency supposedly vetted them for being legal. No idea if they were, but they were all pretty pleasant to work with.

Turnover at that plant was extremely high.

I don't remember the numbers exactly anymore, but my employee number was 5-digits. Around 20k or so. The plant opened in the 90's and employed around 500 people. My supervisor who started 3 years before me, had an employee number about 3-4k lower than mine, meaning in three years, they had completely changed the employees in the plant 6 times.

My supervisor had developed a skin reaction to the CNC lubricant that everything is bathed in. It looks like skim milk, and is sprayed all over the bits and parts to aid in the machining. I was told that most companies change out the fluid every couple of months, but Ruger just kept using the old fluid and topping it off as needed. This apparently caused the fluid to turn into a toxic mess.

My supervisor could no longer even touch the stuff or his skin would start to fall off. They fired him for that.

I have numerous examples of how Ruger treated their employees poorly and how their Quality Control people were a joke...

I actually worked for Ruger for a few months in 2013 at the Prescott, AZ plant.

I have worked a few manufacturing jobs, so I know what it's like to be a cog in a machine.

Ruger has absolutely no regard for their employee's safety or well-being.

I have numerous examples of how Ruger treated their employees poorly and how their Quality Control people were a joke...

A company contrary to what many seem to think, is not in business to give away money. This is how the Auto industry got in so much trouble. People are paid what they are worth. Want to make more? Simple enough, learn something that pays better. Since Ruger does such a poor job and of course turns out nothing but junk, they of course don't sell anything any more.............hmmm, oh wait, well, wonder what happened. Amazing that with them cranking out nothing but junk because they employ people who do not know what they are doing that I have been so damn lucky. Currently own 2 .22 rifles, 4 .22 pistols, and one .380 and one 9mm pistol made by them. Amazingly enough all of them have worked from day one. Have long lost track of how many other items of theirs I have had over the decades. Have never had to send one back yet, all worked until I sold them. Now that is some amazing odds given they come from a Co that is surely going to go under any day now due to all the junk they turn out. Amazing, I should buy a lotto ticket with my luck :)

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top