JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
IMO....anyone with martial arts experience knows that's not how the hold is performed. You don't choke them for 3 minutes to put them out. That's killing him, and sorry, most people don't realize that military doesn't equal highly trained John Wick Jason Bourne types. Much like cops, it's the baseline skill. I know guys that have never been in the military that are faaaaar more skilled and dangerous. This guy barely got HTH combat training and likely mucked it up.
Meh... I know people get convicted over what the textbooks and the internet might say, but any person that has any practical knowledge holding a fighting subject in a choke knows 2 things.... time can be dilated (IOW, outside of a normal mans perceptions)... and hardly no choke hold is "textbook" no matter what your weekend warrior training guru's all taught you or what you see in the movies.

Even if your time perception is perfect, men struggle, holds can be temporarily compromised to allow for sporadic/partial blood flow restoration that can and will require more time for the desired affect. Some folks simply have improved blood circulation and O2 saturation... IOW, simply more resilient.

I think you take-away from the "3 minute rule" is that it is trying to teach that it takes a lot more than you think and be prepared for a prolonged experience. It's not uncommon at all to hear, "that guy would just NOT go down".

I do think though that there is likely some merit to the arguments that the intentional attacks against good people stepping up when needed is, in some cases, planned and orchestrated. Discourage ALL from intervening. The intent and affect seems pretty evident even around here. "The risk is too great and never intervene unless you yourself are in direct and violent threat."

After all, the fewer people that step up... the easier it is to implement more gun control... and the people become even more reliant on "gooberment"... exactly the way they like it!

I think it's quite sad though. When I was growing up we were always taught to defend those that could not defend themselves... and it was a general "rule" held by all... not the exception.

I get it. Times change, but even around here, we see this theme brought up over and over on a regular basis and it's exceedingly more rare that you read anyone saying anything but "duck and cover.. only act to defend yourself". The liberals seem to be training up our society just fine, don't they. We're indoctrinating ourselves and our fellows these days. :D

Meh... I know people get convicted over what the textbooks and the internet might say, but any person that has any practical knowledge holding a fighting subject in a choke knows 2 things.... time can be dilated (IOW, outside of a normal mans perceptions)... and hardly no choke hold is "textbook" no matter what your weekend warrior training guru's all taught you or what you see in the movies.

Even if your time perception is perfect, men struggle, holds can be temporarily compromised to allow for sporadic/partial blood flow restoration that can and will require more time for the desired affect. Some folks simply have improved blood circulation and O2 saturation... IOW, simply more resilient.

I think you take-away from the "3 minute rule" is that it is trying to teach that it takes a lot more than you think and be prepared for a prolonged experience. It's not uncommon at all to hear, "that guy would just NOT go down".

I do think though that there is likely some merit to the arguments that the intentional attacks against good people stepping up when needed is, in some cases, planned and orchestrated. Discourage ALL from intervening. The intent and affect seems pretty evident even around here. "The risk is too great and never intervene unless you yourself are in direct and violent threat."

After all, the fewer people that step up... the easier it is to implement more gun control... and the people become even more reliant on "gooberment"... exactly the way they like it!

I think it's quite sad though. When I was growing up we were always taught to defend those that could not defend themselves... and it was a general "rule" held by all... not the exception.

I get it. Times change, but even around here, we see this theme brought up over and over on a regular basis and it's exceedingly more rare that you read anyone saying anything but "duck and cover.. only act to defend yourself". The liberals seem to be training up our society just fine, don't they. We're indoctrinating ourselves and our fellows these days. :D
It truly depends on the scenario and multiple other elements whether I would interject myself or not. I won't set my actions in concrete one way or another. I'll just do my best to prepare mentally, physically and emotionally for what may unfold in front of me or within a close proximity to me.

These widely publicized cases put the shooter up on some kind of 2A pedestal for some people. It's weird.

These widely publicized cases put the shooter up on some kind of 2A pedestal for some people. It's weird.
You mean like Kyle Rittenhouse the HERO?!?!?!

Don't get me wrong it was self defense 100% but could have been completely avoided. Just a stupid kid.

Flame suit on.

You mean like Kyle Rittenhouse the HERO?!?!?!

Don't get me wrong it was self defense 100% but could have been completely avoided. Just a stupid kid.

Flame suit on.
Not just you :)

FlameSuit.jpg

It doesn't help that the right props him up like some hero out doing the Lord's work. The same way the left has propped up George Floyd as some kind of saint when in all reality he was also a piece of sh!t (doesn't mean I think he deserved what he got).

Can we all just acknowledge that mistakes were made in all of these scenarios. Learn from it and move on. Let's not make it something bigger than it is for some political clout.

why didnt the mall security guy just call the police?
He had to make sure the trespassers knew he had a bigger d!ck I guess.

Another shooting that could have been easily avoided.

I really have no sympathy for individuals who have zero emotional control and immediately begin to shoot. Military, LEO, security guard, etc. doesn't mean anything or give you a hall pass.

If anything you should be calm, cool and collected with high stress/first responder experience.

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews