JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
We've seen it in numerous cases. Some got lucky they were in the right jurisdiction and were acquitted. Kyle Rittenhouse, George Zimmerman, etc. Others were in enemy territory and were sent to prison for 25 to life.

So that begs the question: is it worth staying in the US anymore? It's obvious the country has gone to hell. Many people I know who visit here tell me they can see how aggressive and violent people are here, especially in King County. From my travels to other parts of the country, the red states are not like this. Many European countries are also not like this. I've never felt the need to be armed traveling abroad.

So here you have a RIGHT to be armed, but it seems like if you use it, there's a 50% chance you're going to prison for life. That's not exactly a life worth living. So what do you do, let yourself get killed because it's better than prison? Knowing the perp will likely be let go because of a legal system that loves criminals and hates the law abiding?

Or....

Do you shoot and take your chances, and if you get convicted, just shrug and spend life in prison?

Kyle Rittenhouse, George Zimmerman, etc. Others were in enemy territory and were sent to prison for 25 to life.
Not 100% sure which ones you are talking about but I have a good guess, and if I am right you are comparing apples to road apples. There is a branch of the media that tends to lump them all in together but the reality is that *for the most part* the ones that should have gone free did, and the ones that deserved time in prison got what they deserved

Turn off the radio and go outside

Not 100% sure which ones you are talking about but I have a good guess, and if I am right you are comparing apples to road apples. There is a branch of the media that tends to lump them all in together but the reality is that *for the most part* the ones that should have gone free did, and the ones that deserved time in prison got what they deserved

Turn off the radio and go outside
The Texas Sergeant who killed a protester with an AK deserved to go to prison? The facts of the case with George Zimmerman and Kyle Rittenhouse clearly showed it was self defense, hence why no initial charges or arrests. It wasn't until today's mob culture demanded prosecution that they were arrested and tried. Is that a gamble you're willing to take?

The Texas Sergeant who killed a protester with an AK deserved to go to prison?
He wasn't as innocent as you would like to believe. Not to mention the fact that he was soliciting underage girls and was a piece of sh!t.

No love lost on my end.

He wasn't as innocent as you would like to believe. Not to mention the fact that he was soliciting underage girls and was a piece of sh!t.

No love lost on my end.
ThisGuy.gif

Rittenhouse sure. But Zimmerman? He was playing rent-a-cop and nobody would know who he is today if he minded his own damn business.

Many European countries are also not like this. I've never felt the need to be armed traveling abroad.
1. As a non-permitted (hard to get in European countries), non-resident, it's not an option for you. And, trying to get a gun there in travel is very difficult.

2. Europe isn't all that safe. Because it contains a lot of non-Europeans these days. Who come from Asian and African countries where the concept of law and order is very different.

3. The situation in the US isn't the only place in the world where the concept and practice of civilization is deteriorating. Not to mention the economies.

is it worth staying in the US anymore?
Ask all those multitudes of Venezuelans, Mexicans, Haitians, Hondurans, various middle easterners, etc., who are scrambling over each other to get here.

1. As a non-permitted (hard to get in European countries), non-resident, it's not an option for you. And, trying to get a gun there in travel is very difficult.

2. Europe isn't all that safe. Because it contains a lot of non-Europeans these days. Who come from Asian and African countries where the concept of law and order is very different.

3. The situation in the US isn't the only place in the world where the concept and practice of civilization is deteriorating. Not to mention the economies.

Ask all those multitudes of Venezuelans, Mexicans, Haitians, Hondurans, various middle easterners, etc., who are scrambling over each other to get here.
Very interesting points.

Rittenhouse sure. But Zimmerman? He was playing rent-a-cop and nobody would know who he is today if he minded his own damn business.
Merely following a suspicious person in your neighborhood while on the phone with 911 doesn't justify Martin attacking him and breaking his nose, beating him nearly to death. He fired a single shot when the attacker was ontop of him.

Sure, I wouldn't have followed. I call the police who do nothing in most cases now (called recently for my gf and they told me they're backed up and will have an officer check the vehicle in a month, gave me dates). I wouldn't have followed, but if I did, what Martin did was felonious assault. Zimmerman had a right to defend himself. The law doesn't say Zimmerman was in the wrong, hence his acquittal.

But let's compare this to your comment on Rittenhouse. Was he minding his own business? Walking the street at 17 with a rifle? At protests? At night?

So Zimmerman who was on the phone with 911 following a suspicious person in his neighborhood was not minding his own business...but Kyle who was not a resident of the area, lived in another state, armed with a rifle, at night, at violent protests, was minding his own business. Goooot it.

Last Edited:
Pew Pew.

Now what?

Keep your mouth shut and hire a really good lawyer.

Tell me what other countries there are, that give you as much ability to shoot in self-defense legally, and fight for your freedom in court, as the USA.

Apparently he held him in the hold for 3 minutes....that might be the issue.
I highly doubt that. But I may be wrong.

And if he is getting charged then why isn't the black individual who restrained the individuals arms being charged as an accomplice?

I highly doubt that. But I may be wrong.

And if he is getting charged then why isn't the black individual who restrained the individuals arms being charged as an accomplice?
Think about it...

As far as the time held, it was in a news article, about him holding him like that for 3 minutes in the video. That hold is supposed to put someone out within 15-30 seconds, and keep them out for about the same time, I learned it in Martial Arts but never used it on someone. You're not supposed to hold them like that for 3 minutes. It is possible he wasn't cutting off the carotid artery temporarily to pass him out like the move is supposed to, but that he was actually chocking him to death.

The Marine should be allowed to choke the prosecutor too in my opinion.
Let's face it, the Neely guy had a long record and was acting threatening. Sadly, today you're supposed let yourself be beaten and robbed so the Cops can come take a report until they retire with a fat pension.

A buddy asked me long ago if I would get involved in situations like these or active shooters. I said no, to his surprise. This is why...he now understands. I mind my own business and call 911. They usually take a report over the phone now. I called 911 once and 4 hours later no one had shown up. In Detroit people call 911 for burglaries and the cops often never show. Google it.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads