JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
It was 2.55 and the video appears to show him smiling This is another one that the more comes out the less clean it looks
Exactly my point. My buddy and I were talking about this recently and he pointed it out to me. I looked it up and saw it was true. I also noticed the smile on his face, while the life of Neely left his body. It doesn't look good for the ex Marine IMO....anyone with martial arts experience knows that's not how the hold is performed. You don't choke them for 3 minutes to put them out. That's killing him, and sorry, most people don't realize that military doesn't equal highly trained John Wick Jason Bourne types. Much like cops, it's the baseline skill. I know guys that have never been in the military that are faaaaar more skilled and dangerous. This guy barely got HTH combat training and likely mucked it up.

Pew Pew.

Now what?

Keep your mouth shut and hire a really good lawyer.

Tell me what other countries there are, that give you as much ability to shoot in self-defense legally, and fight for your freedom in court, as the USA.
Mexico, where 98% of murders go unsolved and 1.5K is enough to bribe the cops to let you walk. Mexican friends and google search are my source.

Think about it...

As far as the time held, it was in a news article, about him holding him like that for 3 minutes in the video. That hold is supposed to put someone out within 15-30 seconds, and keep them out for about the same time, I learned it in Martial Arts but never used it on someone. You're not supposed to hold them like that for 3 minutes. It is possible he wasn't cutting off the carotid artery temporarily to pass him out like the move is supposed to, but that he was actually chocking him to death.
I understand how air and blood chokes work. Every Marine learns them at a basic level.

the Neely guy had a long record and was acting threatening
Which isn't relevant unless the marine had encountered him before. What is relevant is how he was acting at the time the marine decided to subdue him First reports were that he was acting violently, but that has also come into question, there are witness saying he was being loud and disruptive but not aggressive or threatening towards anyone. It will be interesting to see how this plays out under oath

Which isn't relevant unless the marine had encountered him before. What is relevant is how he was acting at the time the marine decided to subdue him First reports were that he was acting violently, but that has also come into question, there are witness saying he was being loud and disruptive but not aggressive or threatening towards anyone. It will be interesting to see how this plays out under oath
In court they sometimes don't allow this information to be known since it wasn't known to the defender (Fish case in AZ), however; it's relevant since it goes to show he was a violent criminal, and substantiates the threat he posed IMO.

People make mistakes. Neely acted aggressive on the subway and it caused him to be choked out. Marine mistakenly thought he was protecting himself and others from an aggressive man. Then he mistakenly thought the justice system would see his actions as legal. Plus he mistakenly rode the subway where it's racist to defend yourself.

If he accidentally killed someone in a traffic accident he would be far better off.

In court they sometimes don't allow this information to be known since it wasn't known to the defender (Fish case in AZ), however; it's relevant since it goes to show he was a violent criminal, and substantiates the threat he posed IMO.
Also Florida v Luis Alvarez, but it doesn't do anything to show the threat he posed at that moment, fingers crossed that someone has video of the moments leading up to the choke hold

Rittenhouse sure. But Zimmerman? He was playing rent-a-cop and nobody would know who he is today if he minded his own damn business.
What most dont realize is it was proven in court that Zimmerman was attacked, not the other way around. Its not something anyone will read about in the media, but its in the court transcripts if you dig deep enough.

By whom? How so?
By whom? Cartels. If you are wealthy, but someone who may be trying to kidnap you (after they get the ransom). If you have enemies anywhere, but the federales. Crime and corruption is rampant in Mexico.

Saying you can get away with defending yourself because Mexican LEOs are corruptible is not a good recommendation for Mexico as a place to defend yourself with a gun, especially if you are a gringo.

is it worth staying in the US anymore?
Short answer : Yes.

Not so short answer :

Yes again.
I was born here...
I grew up here...
I served my county and its ideas while in the Army as well as when deployed on 4 combat tours....
My roots are here...as are my family and friends.
So yes it is worth staying in America

America is a wonderful country full of opportunity and freedom.
America is a place where you can take that opportunity and freedom , add in hard work and responsibility and you can make a life for yourself and your family.
Does the above take time and effort ....yes.
You will have to learn to "do" for yourself for many things.

With all that said....Is America perfect or free from faults ?...Nope
America has come a long way since 1776...some ways have been positive ...some not so positive.
America though , was born with promise as well as the desire to make today and tomorrow better for all Americans.
That can still happen.

Again however...that will take ...
Time , work , and effort.
America is where I want to put my time , work and effort at.
Andy

As for the OP title question....

Yes it can be a real possibility that you will go to jail after a justified shooting.
Why is this a surprise...?...Or even a question.

After a shooting or even a non-shooting defensive firearm event...
Remember the three "C" when answering questions :
Clearly
Completely
Concisely

And perhaps more importantly....
A Lawyer will be your newest and best friend.

It is easy to talk your way into jail...not so easy to talk your way out of it.
Andy

What most dont realize is it was proven in court that Zimmerman was attacked, not the other way around. Its not something anyone will read about in the media, but its in the court transcripts if you dig deep enough.
Add to that, Rittenhouse was in an area out of state that he didn't live, brought a rifle to protect property that wasn't his (looking for trouble) during violent riots.

Zimmerman was minding his business, in his neighborhood, he called the police, was attacked severely and shot the attacker while he was being pummeled on the ground, the attacker ontop of him.

The narrative that Zimmerman should have minded his business like Rittenhouse did is quite curious...

Upcoming Events

Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top