JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
First gun? A used S&W M60 in .38 special.
First new gun? A S&W M18 in 22LR.
First rifle? IIRC...it was a stainless steel Mini 14. It was quickly replaced by an SP-1 AR15.

Aloha, Mark

My first gun was a M700 BDL in 7mm that my dad bought me a few years after I was old enough to hunt big game, and had demonstrated the respect with some random hand me down. The first gun I bought for myself was a Ruger security six which belonged to his old hunting buddy.

I still have both.

I was wondering what you're first gun was? Was it a shotgun, handgun, rifle or pistol caliber carbine? Do you still have it and would you go back and get some training in on it? Would you keep you're first gun?

I have a Remington 870 shotgun it is still beautiful after 30 years. Now I'm thinking I can go to the range and relearn the fundamentals.

No I would not get rid of my first shotgun. My dad got me that when I was in the Boy Scouts
First I owned or first I used?

First gun I shot was a Win 94 in .30-30, and it was also first I used for hunting. But it was a family gun, not my personal rifle.

First I owned, was maybe one of three; Rem 700 BDL in 7mm Mag, or High Standard Sentinel .22 LR, or Star .45 PD. Not sure which of those came first - it was almost 50 years ago. Probably the rifle? I bought it at JC Penny's in Salem for something like $225?

It was a rifle and a shotgun at the same time. It was passed along.

Savage Model 24 .22 longrifle - Over / 20 gauge - Under

When the grouse heard the screen door creaking as little MTpockets stepped into the wilderness...

Rugby Gilbert GIF by The Famous Grouse

Ruger single-six with magnum cylinder. I bought it in the early 70s and I remember having to send it back for repairs. Cylinder timing was off.

I wish I still had it.

I was wondering what you're first gun was? Was it a shotgun, handgun, rifle or pistol caliber carbine? Do you still have it and would you go back and get some training in on it? Would you keep you're first gun?

I have a Remington 870 shotgun it is still beautiful after 30 years. Now I'm thinking I can go to the range and relearn the fundamentals.

No I would not get rid of my first shotgun. My dad got me that when I was in the Boy Scouts
I was gifted a Winchester # 37, 20 gauge when I was 7. Had to cut the stock by 1/2 to fit little me. Saved the stock and put
it back together after breaking my nose several times !! Still have it at 77 now

My first gun as a kid was a Glenfield Model 60 .22LR,

My first self purchased firearms as an adult (back in the 80's) was a Beretta 92F (Italian made) and a Colt AR-15A2 because that was what was coming down the pike to replace the USGI 1911A1's and M16A1's we were still using at the time.

Still have 'em, too! :s0155:

My first gun was a Remington Wingmaster 870, dad got it for me when I was 12. First gun I shot was my dad's, dad's Winchester model 57 .22lr. First rifle was a model 70 .243 featherweight.
I still say I was a better shot shooting a pump that was too big for me. You really care about making that first shot count when the second is a luxury.
I still hunt with that 870 a few times a season and I'll be passing them all down and teaching my kids with them.

My first gun was a Remington Wingmaster 870, dad got it for me when I was 12. First gun I shot was my dad's, dad's Winchester model 57 .22lr. First rifle was a model 70 .243 featherweight.
I still say I was a better shot shooting a pump that was too big for me. You really care about making that first shot count when the second is a luxury.
I still hunt with that 870 a few times a season and I'll be passing them all down and teaching my kids with them.
Dad's are Good People ;)

Upcoming Events

Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top