JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Baretta PX4 Storm in .40. I learned late in life compared to most y'all.

I was stupid accurate with it…wish I still had it but it, along with a P238HD and a 10/22 got sold to help fund the move from Phoenix up to to the PNW.

I still have it...
My grandpa's 1962 870 Wingmaster....28 inch barrel with a Modified choke.
I take it hunting every year...it has accounted for squirrel , rabbit and grouse.
Andy
View attachment 1065843

As side note....
I thought you were looking for your first gun ....

This post of yours implies that you are new to guns and want to get a shotgun...not that you already have one....
Yes I am . My dad bought it for me when I was 14 or so. I'm counting this as my first gun because I'm going to be using my own money and going to the shop and buying by myself.

I got decent with that 1911 and was really disappointed when I found out I would have to carry a Glock when I got my first gig. After 24 hours of classroom time and 40 hours of range time, I was pretty sure I would never need another handgun besides a Glock 22.
Brainwashing takes a lot less time than I would have thought :D

Mossberg 500. The day I turned 18.

Taurus PT111 the day I turned 21.

img_7998_1_1.jpg

I could definitely use some more training on it.

My first gun was a 10ga Mossberg for goose hunting. I went once with it and had enough of that. Shortly after was gifted a Barreta 391 that I've put a few thousand rounds through. I'm thinking of getting the 10ga cut down to 18.5" for the lulz.

Marlin 783 .22 magnum. No I don't still have it. The CB craze hit in the mid 70s and I had to be talking to my classmates and others on the air so I sold it to Milt (can't remember his last name) who owned the pawn shop in Central Point near Medford. Been regretting it for 30 years now. Would love to go back and train again on it. Been trying for years to find a NIB or LNIB on GB, but no luck yet.

Last Edited:
Checking my firearm list:
CZ52, Hipoint 995 and a Pardner Pump.
It was a little while before the gun bug bit..

But those three were my very first firearms. All basically within weeks or months of each other. Basically the cheapest stuff I could get.

I dont own any of those original ones anymore. But I repurchased the NEF pardner pumps. Decent cheap shotguns. Gave one to my dad a long while ago.

Technically speaking, my 'first gun' was an M-16. I had to give it back to Uncle Sam. 🙂
The first gun I purchased is the S&W Model 28 .357 that I still have today. Not pretty, not a 'tack driver' but plenty accurate for home defense or woods carry.

As stated in the linked post below, the first guns I fired were rifles and shotguns. But they weren't actually mine. They all belonged to the Grand Sobo.
As far as my first personally-owned firearm, it would have to be this one...

Upcoming Events

Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top