JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Montgomery Wards 410 bolt action. Bought it new off the shelve for around $10 back in Great Falls, MT in 1962. Passed it on to one of my sons. I was 11 years old.

Mine was an 870 express 20 gauge. I can't tell you how many pheasant, chuckar and quail it has taken out. Still my main upland gun to this day

At 14, dad gave me a (Marlin) Glenfield model 60 22LR. Still have it.
First gun I bought: A Precise Imports Corporation .25 ACP. From the TripleK catalog: "Made with poor materials and even poorer workmanship." Noted the serial number was filed off. Got my money ($15) back from the fellow who sold it to me.

When I was nine I traded a Playboy cigarette lighter (the one that 'undressed' when you turned it upside down), an 'Official NFL' football, and $5 (that was mowing four lawns back then) for a Sheridan Knockabout. It was pitted, and was missing the ejector, but was still the most fun a kid could have in rural southern Oregon. Two years later we were 'moving to the city', and dad said I couldn't bring it, so I sold it to another local kid for $15. For all I know it is still making the rounds of kids down there.

I love being the gramma
I was wondering what you're first gun was? Was it a shotgun, handgun, rifle or pistol caliber carbine? Do you still have it and would you go back and get some training in on it? Would you keep you're first gun?

I have a Remington 870 shotgun it is still beautiful after 30 years. Now I'm thinking I can go to the range and relearn the fundamentals.

No I would not get rid of my first shotgun. My dad got me that when I was in the Boy Scouts
I actually enjoy being the grammar Nazi. The correct phrase-ology is YOUR first gun.

The way you wrote it, you used the word you're which is a contraction of the words YOU and ARE. So what you wrote was, "You are first gun."

Cheers!

A M44 Mosin Nagant, from Big 5.
Got it as soon as I turned 18. Didn't have a car at the time.
I walked home with it (this was through Los Angeles at the time).

edit: it was in a box lol. Didn't "open carry" it lol

Last Edited:
The first firearm that was "mine" was a shiny new fancy grade stocked Remington 700 30-06 when I was 12. Dad bought it for me at the hardware store the first year I could hunt deer. After that I got a Glenfield 60 and a Remington 870 12g. That is all a person needed to hunt everything. First guns I purchased on my own were a S+W model 17 and a Super Redhawk 9.5" stainless 44 mag with a scope.

I still have all three long guns and the S+W.

I used my dads guns before I had a set of my own. I hunted birds with his Ithaca 20g, shot squirrels with his Remington bolt action 22 and his Glenfield 60. Shot his Model 94 30-30 and smoked a few dogs with his 729 30-06 before I got mine.

I had pellet guns and BB guns and was hunting at age 10 pretty regularly. Before age ten we were too busy being kids and dad was hunting with his adult buddies.

Ahh yes, A .357 Magnum I stole off a dead drug dealer. A Federally had just had just gone thru the poor guys pockets and received him of his cash and gold chain. I found the revolver which had slipped to his knees because of baggie pants. Nickel plated with mother of pearl grips. It was down around Saragossa way it was, longhorns ...well you get picture.

Sheridan Blue Streak, .20 cal, $49.00 at K-Mart, 1971. Still have it.

The first gun that I owned was an 870 12ga wingmaster that my dad bought me for my 14th birthday. I had been shooting a borrowed Marlin 12ga pump up until then or any number of firearms my dad had at the time.

My first gun was a Mini-14. In 1984 I traded my bts '74 Charger to a friend. I warned him about the numerous leaks, but he wanted it and I wanted to be shed of the car as I had a brand new Nissan KingCab pickup and the dealership said no way on a trade in.Friend burned the engine up within a couple months, my son now has the Mini.My 1st purchase was a Ruger Redhawk .44 Magnum with a 5 1/2" barrel with the brushed satin stainless finish. I sold the Ruger about 30 years back.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top