JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
My first rifle was a Henry lever gun from my grandpa in Yacolt back when I was a kid. i prob shouldn't say this because it's incriminating but my first handgun was from the same grandpa, I was 16 and he gave me a well-used Taurus PT745 Millenium Pro for my birthday. I carried that thing religiously for 5 years until I turned 21 and bought myself a Glock 19 for concealed.

Winchester Model 52 Olympic match .22 with all the accessories! Paid $200 for it in 1980 which was YUGE money back then! Still have it, still shoot it, and can still win any match I want to shoot!

Last Edited:
Montgomery Wards 22. Got it when I was around 10. Literally wore that thing out. No, even it it had survived all these years I wouldn't go back for training on it. Not necessary.
Does it say Montgomery wards on it? Or does it say "Western field"?

MW back in like the 60s had savage make a clone of their model 340 in 30-30, and Wards sold it under the western field name.

Remington 512 .22LR tubular magazine bolt action, passed on from my dad. Still have it.

First, brand-new-to-me gun was a Ruger 10/22 marked "Made in the 200th of American Liberty". Still have it.

Does it say Montgomery wards on it? Or does it say "Western field"?

MW back in like the 60s had savage make a clone of their model 340 in 30-30, and Wards sold it under the western field name.
You know what, it may very well have. It's been so long ago I don't really remember.

Other than the obligatory Red Ryder BB gun, my first real gun was a Remington Fieldmaster 572 .22 that I received for 8th grade graduation circa 1975.

The first gun I bought for myself was a Ruger P85 MKII 9mm in the early 90's.

If it seems like a long time between guns, it's because we may have been poor when I grew up, but we weren't gun poor. ;)

Of course I still have both and they function 100% like the day I got them. (When folks start those threads "Guns you regret selling", I never have much to contribute.)

First wife bought me a Ruger 10/22 for X-mas or birthday, when I was 22. That was probably about 1976. Because I would go rabbit hunting a couple times a year with old high school buddy's and have to borrow a gun. I still have that 10/22. Growing up I was never into guns any more than a mild fascination with the very old guns Dad had procured just after he got out of the Navy in '47. Those guns hung above the fireplace in the basement. I would mess around with them. They included a burgess shot gun, Winchester 66 and 86, Remington rolling block circa 1871, heavily sporterized M17, Old Mauser, and a couple others. Never shot a gun with my father. He did allow me to take his Colt Woodsman with me when I went rabbit hunting with buddy's when I still lived at home. Any marks on that Woodsman were put on by me back then. :oops:

Other than the obligatory Red Ryder BB gun, my first real gun was a Remington Fieldmaster 572 .22 that I received for 8th grade graduation circa 1975.

The first gun I bought for myself was a Ruger P85 MKII 9mm in the early 90's.

If it seems like a long time between guns, it's because we may have been poor when I grew up, but we weren't gun poor. ;)

Of course I still have both and they function 100% like the day I got them. (When folks start those threads "Guns you regret selling", I never have much to contribute.)
You'll shoot your eye out Kid.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads