JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I was wondering what you're first gun was? Was it a shotgun, handgun, rifle or pistol caliber carbine? Do you still have it and would you go back and get some training in on it? Would you keep you're first gun?

I have a Remington 870 shotgun it is still beautiful after 30 years. Now I'm thinking I can go to the range and relearn the fundamentals.

No I would not get rid of my first shotgun. My dad got me that when I was in the Boy Scouts

My first gun was a kit built CVA .45 cal muzzleloader. Unfortunately it got sold as parts after years of hard use, stock breakage and general wear and tear. The early CVA kit rifles weren't the best for quality.

Montgomery Wards 22. Got it when I was around 10. Literally wore that thing out. No, even it it had survived all these years I wouldn't go back for training on it. Not necessary.

Ruger 22/45 Bull barrel, bought by my girlfriend (now my wife) because I was too young to purchase a pistol, lol. She's smarter now that we are older and realizes that could have turned out badly if I wasn't such a catch!!

The first one I shot was probably some sort of BB gun, and I would use my stepdad's old .22 (don't know make and model) for rabbits down the line. First I bought and owned was a Taurus millenium g2.
Most recent purchase was either an AR pistol, s&w 642 or a Springfield milspec 1911.

HR Pardner pump 12 ga. $149 from Sports Authority. Or it might have been the Sigma 9mm from Fisherman's Marine for $320. I can't recall which came first. I got them around the same time.

6.5 jap that I bought for $15, didn't have a front sight on it so dad cut a penny down and soldered it in place. real piece of crap and no I did not keep it.

The first gun I purchased was a High Standard Double Nine in 22LR. Came with a nice, but too large for me black western style of holster. I didn't have it long and sold it.
It was a good gun, but I've never missed it.

First gun that was all mine was a Mossberg 500 in 12GA with 18" barrel bought at Big 5, a sporting goods store, for $180, if I recall correctly. Still have it, although it's gotten upgrades over the years. I still giggle like a school girl when I shoot it. Nothing quite like a pump action shotgun for fun, entertainment, and defense.

I bought my first firearm at age 12. It sat for sale in a local hardware store, a well-used, generic-sort of bolt action 20 ga single shot that was overpriced at just $11.95. It took several months of work before I ever fired a shot with it. Those were good months, though, that taught me a whole lot about checkering & refinishing a stock, repairing ejectors, and prepping metal for hot blue. Best part, all of those things were done with Dad, some of our best times together.

I still have it...
My grandpa's 1962 870 Wingmaster....28 inch barrel with a Modified choke.
I take it hunting every year...it has accounted for squirrel , rabbit and grouse.
Andy
DSC06606.jpg

As side note....
I thought you were looking for your first gun ....
Hello everyone,

My birthday is this coming Saturday 11/06 I would like to the range and get started with some private lessons. I'm looking to learn to shoot shotguns, handguns and rifles. I am will to pay. I would love to buy a pump action shotgun for my birthday, however I can wait and call it a Christmas gift as well. I tried calling the Tacoma sports club and Gig Harbor but no one picked. Any suggestions on what I should do. I want to get a great gun education.
This post of yours implies that you are new to guns and want to get a shotgun...not that you already have one....

My first was a S&W 3906 9mm, about 12 years ago. Ended up trading it for something smaller/lighter for CC, wish i had it still. But at the same time, funds were much tighter and I it was just too heavy to carry comfortably.

The old man got me a .50 cal Traditions, kids length, muzzleloader, with double set triggers when I was 8 years old. Its what I learned to shoot with, till I outgrew it.

The first firearm that I purchased was a new NEF 12a Pardner single shot.

I've still got them both and hopefully always will.

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews