JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
I wonder if there would be 5 pages worth of contentious responses posted here if a naked women was beating up a homeless guy?

I wonder if there would be 5 pages worth of contentious responses posted here if a naked women was beating up a homeless guy?

Not me... I'm a patriarchal misogynist. It's just how I was taught and how I roll. But as long as there is a force disparity, I'll probably DO something, rather than just stand and watch, no matter what the sexes involved are. In today's world is hard to tell what is what anyway.

A lot of the homeless around PDX carry rocks for self defense. Very effective actually, having had to clean out the wounds inflicted when one homeless man attacks another with a rock in the ER. Also, you can find them virtually anywhere and if you drop one, it blends into the landscape when LE shows up. At least according to the homeless guys who are mentally ill who have talked to me about it while I am helping patch them up. A sock and a rock make quite a lethal weapon. There is a lot of violence among the homeless and especially AGAINST the mentally ill homeless. Surprisingly, the mentally ill have a slightly lower crime rate than the sane. They are however much more likely to be the victim. Most have a fear of LE as they are the ones who pick them up for acting erratically. I have convinced a couple to press charges, but I literally had to stand by my patient in one case for moral support.

Personally, a couple Washington County Sheriffs have advised me to carry downtown. Like I said, my job is dangerous and I get a fair share of death threats. I have legitimate enemies for following the law and doing my job. It sucks, but I also get to help people not off themselves too.

A sock and a rock make quite a lethal weapon. There is a lot of violence among the homeless and especially AGAINST the mentally ill homeless.

Ah. Didn't they propose to pass out rocks to high scrools for mass shooting defense? Tho I don't see how a sock and a rock would buy one much in that situation. Rock Free Zones anyone???;)

I served on a Grand Jury in Multnomah County and we heard a case involving a guy who got shot in the head by a jealous boyfriend. The girlfriend testified to the grand jury that her then-ex boyfriend shot the other guy (her heroin dealer who had offered her an escape from her abusive boyfriend). She later recanted and refused to testify against her then-ex boyfriend who was now her boyfriend again. One of the take-aways from that for me was to avoid getting involved in domestic squabbles if I can avoid it at all.

Having worked downtown my entire adult life after I got out of the Army (30 years next month), I have seen a lot of changes but I have only really been concerned about my safety a couple times. I havent carried that entire time but I do now.

All I got from this thread is this:
  • Can afford a pistol caliber carbine, but not carrying NIKON with HICAP memory card, 30 shots per seconds
  • At no point was there an attempt at visually recording the situation as it happened, despite being too far (allegedly) from the alleged attacker
  • Some people believe one should not be allowed to keep and bare arms (of your choice, especially if one can conceal them, i.e. SUB2K)
  • This board has been trolled/shilled by anti-constitutionalists.
  • People who believe in rights are becoming apathetic, or support training education for rights, rather than God given rights backed by the Constitution
The ride never ends.
Never forget Mike Strickland.

All I got from this thread is this:
  • Can afford a pistol caliber carbine, but not carrying NIKON with HICAP memory card, 30 shots per seconds
  • At no point was there an attempt at visually recording the situation as it happened, despite being too far (allegedly) from the alleged attacker
  • Some people believe one should not be allowed to keep and bare arms (of your choice, especially if one can conceal them, i.e. SUB2K)
  • This board has been trolled/shilled by anti-constitutionalists.
  • People who believe in rights are becoming apathetic, or support training education for rights, rather than God given rights backed by the Constitution
The ride never ends.
Never forget Mike Strickland.

I know I've been awake way too long and that may be why. But I'm so confused right now.

Lots of comments stating "we are not supposed to act like cops". In a true constitutional republic (like what we used to have), the cops and the citizens had the same basic power, but more importantly the same restrictions/limitations. That being said, each man and woman is ordaned by God to defend the weak and disadvantaged. We still have the freedom to use appropriate deadly force to defend life and limb, we still have the freedom to perform citizen arrest.

Totally agree.

Also I think we have to keep in mind that often we don't know the dynamics of the situation. If this was like a patty Hurst thing and the woman was yelling for help or if it was a child I would have had a much different reaction. But in this case it's hard to tell what is going on and all I was interested in was stopping the attack. Then the police can figure out what the situation is etc. i totally agree it's not our job to "play police".
Did you ever hear from the police? Did they ever ask for a statement from you?

Not me... I'm a patriarchal misogynist. It's just how I was taught and how I roll. But as long as there is a force disparity, I'll probably DO something, rather than just stand and watch, no matter what the sexes involved are. In today's world is hard to tell what is what anyway.

Yes there was a force disparity. I should have been more clear about that in how I wrote it but the original post was right after and I just kind of wanted to get my thoughts down.

The woman was probably 21-23 years old, maybe 5'4" petite/thin build. The man was average height and size maybe 25-28 years old I would guess. Maybe 5'10" 190lb The woman was naked on her back in the bushes and bare ground trying to protect herself with her hands and feet. The man was fully clothed including winter clothing. It was probably 43 degrees or so.

Last Edited:
This is not clickbait, just want to share my experience today. Here are my personal takeaways, or beliefs, from the event and no one else has to agree with me on anything. Someone else may feel totally different. I just want to share my experience.

1) Portland homelessness is really out of control. More on that later

2) Men who attack women are cowards, plain and simple.

3) A gun may not needed to stop an attack and should be used only if needed to stop the attack.

4) Having a legal concealed carry weapon gives tremendous piece of mind that it is there if needed.

5) If at all possible, concealed weapons holders should to have protection with them all the time.

So what happened is I was hiking at a Portland public nature area. I'd rather not name it but it close to I205 and is "off the beaten path" from a well used park.

I ran into a local government employee (not a Leo) and was shooting the breeze and talking about how much trash and homeless debris was at this beautiful natural area. He said there used to be a camp at a location on the site but they cleaned them all out. I mentioned to him I just saw a guy and camp at that same spot. We walked over to take a look and we saw the attack. I thought he was beating on a golden retriever or something (beige/blonde) color but he recognized her right away as a naked woman.

The guy was really beating on her. All I could think about was stopping it immediately. I yelled at him and he immediately backed off.

We were in a cliff about 100 feet high and the victim was on the bottom. We were nowhere near a trail to get down there but I knew where the trail was. It would have taken me a long time to get down there.

However I did have a pistol caliber carbine with optic and shoulder brace. At that range there is absolutely no question it could easily stop the attack if needed -assuming the victim was not near/at risk.

edit/clarification: The firearm is legally a pistol, but many people refer to these kinds of firearms as PCCs. The term "PCC" may be technically incorrect but it helps clarify that it's not a pistol such as a 1911 or smaller.

Fortunately It was not needed at all in this situation. If the man had a gun or knife or didn't back away then perhaps things would have been different but that is hypothetical.

The government employee called 911. We waited there as the woman got to relative safety and a couple times the guy started going towards her again. A few shouted choice words checked him both times. Finally the guy left the area and we kept an eye on him for when the police arrived.

I had to go pick up family so after waiting about 35 min I had to go and left my number with the gov employee who stayed to wait for te Police. Not sure what happened after that.

I'll try to write more about what I learned about the homeless situation later as I'm out of time now. Just wanted to share this experience. Portland sure has changed and I encourage all you legal concealed handgun permit holders to try to carry when u can.

Thx!

I haven't been on this board for quite awhile and I'm sure most of the post are sincere but all I have to say to you folks in Oregon is, to stop these things from happening you need to get out and get POLITICALLY involved. Talking about carrying and where you can and can't go and what you are carrying is fine but it does not solve the problem. Each of you get one person. A neighbor, Friend or a relative and start an organization to control your City, Counties and State Governments. If you don't you are going to keep having these problems with homelessness and anti-gunners. Back a like minded candidate. Donate money. Hand out flyers for them. Put up yard signs, etc. All of these problem things will go away when your candidate is the winner. Then you can call the shots. You won't have to worry about the 2nd Amendment and those who would like to see it go away. If you have political aspirations, run for a Fire Commissioner position or a School Board position where you start kind of easy and get your feet wet. Then go on to County Commissioners, State Rep., etc. If you don't you will lose your 2nd amendment. All of these positions were once held by people that want to take your gun rights away. Capiche?

This is not clickbait, just want to share my experience today. Here are my personal takeaways, or beliefs, from the event and no one else has to agree with me on anything. Someone else may feel totally different. I just want to share my experience.

1) Portland homelessness is really out of control. More on that later

2) Men who attack women are cowards, plain and simple.

3) A gun may not needed to stop an attack and should be used only if needed to stop the attack.

4) Having a legal concealed carry weapon gives tremendous piece of mind that it is there if needed.

5) If at all possible, concealed weapons holders should to have protection with them all the time.

So what happened is I was hiking at a Portland public nature area. I'd rather not name it but it close to I205 and is "off the beaten path" from a well used park.

I ran into a local government employee (not a Leo) and was shooting the breeze and talking about how much trash and homeless debris was at this beautiful natural area. He said there used to be a camp at a location on the site but they cleaned them all out. I mentioned to him I just saw a guy and camp at that same spot. We walked over to take a look and we saw the attack. I thought he was beating on a golden retriever or something (beige/blonde) color but he recognized her right away as a naked woman.

The guy was really beating on her. All I could think about was stopping it immediately. I yelled at him and he immediately backed off.

We were in a cliff about 100 feet high and the victim was on the bottom. We were nowhere near a trail to get down there but I knew where the trail was. It would have taken me a long time to get down there.

However I did have a pistol caliber carbine with optic and shoulder brace. At that range there is absolutely no question it could easily stop the attack if needed -assuming the victim was not near/at risk.

edit/clarification: The firearm is legally a pistol, but many people refer to these kinds of firearms as PCCs. The term "PCC" may be technically incorrect but it helps clarify that it's not a pistol such as a 1911 or smaller.

Fortunately It was not needed at all in this situation. If the man had a gun or knife or didn't back away then perhaps things would have been different but that is hypothetical.

The government employee called 911. We waited there as the woman got to relative safety and a couple times the guy started going towards her again. A few shouted choice words checked him both times. Finally the guy left the area and we kept an eye on him for when the police arrived.

I had to go pick up family so after waiting about 35 min I had to go and left my number with the gov employee who stayed to wait for te Police. Not sure what happened after that.

I'll try to write more about what I learned about the homeless situation later as I'm out of time now. Just wanted to share this experience. Portland sure has changed and I encourage all you legal concealed handgun permit holders to try to carry when u can.

Thx!

There's only one way to deal with all the bums and needle freaks in Portland.

Just nuke the place from orbit. It's the only way to make sure...

I used to love the Portland area, and Oregon in general, that was back in the 60's and 70's.....until Oregon became a satellite state of Kalifornia, now Washington is following suit.

I very rarely ever leave the state of Idaho now, and even then, I stay away from the Coeur d'Alene yuppyscumsville area.....

Status

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top