JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I love this line: "In Portland, Oregon's self-defense law makes homeless people particularly vulnerable."

Maybe it's the homeless problem that's leading to homeless people getting killed (and not just by "stand your ground")?
Maybe the homeless should move to Connecticut and Wyoming to be safe.

As a bit of an aside, this particular little snippet from the article jumped out at me and grated heavily on my nerves:

Last month, a man was killed in Clearwater, Fla., during an argument over a disabled parking space. The shooting, which was captured on a cellphone camera, again raised the debate over so-called stand-your-ground laws that became the center of a national conversation after the 2012 killing of Trayvon Martin by George Zimmerman, "who physically confronted the 17-year-old as he walked home".

Uh, yeah... right. If you consider getting decked with a sucker punch and then having the punk sit on your chest and bash your head repeatedly against the concrete sidewalk "confronting"... then I suppose Zimmerman must have "confronted" the 17-year-old Martin.

Arrrrrr.... :mad:

As a bit of an aside, this particular little snippet from the article jumped out at me and grated heavily on my nerves:

Last month, a man was killed in Clearwater, Fla., during an argument over a disabled parking space. The shooting, which was captured on a cellphone camera, again raised the debate over so-called stand-your-ground laws that became the center of a national conversation after the 2012 killing of Trayvon Martin by George Zimmerman, "who physically confronted the 17-year-old as he walked home".

Uh, yeah... right. If you consider getting decked with a sucker punch and then having the punk sit on your chest and bash your head repeatedly against the concrete sidewalk "confronting"... then I suppose Zimmerman must have "confronted" the 17-year-old Martin.

Arrrrrr.... :mad:

Me too!!!!!

Let's just be honest and say if everyone carried a gun then people would be a lot more polite like they should already be:rolleyes:

Would that were true... I agree to a point, but IMO there will always be some dumbazzes, some azzhole richardbites & such, and of course there would still be the bangers and those crooks that either are too whacked out, methed up, or think they can mess you up anyway.

Would that were true... I agree to a point, but IMO there will always be some dumbazzes, some azzhole richardbites & such, and of course there would still be the bangers and those crooks that either are too whacked out, methed up, or think they can mess you up anyway.

But over time a lot of them would learn and not press the issue. But there will always be a few that just don't give a sheit.

Got pics of that?

George_Washington_tattoo_1024x1024.jpg

The hack brought up Trayvon, but failed to mention he was bashing Zimmerman's head into the pavement in an attempt to murder him, when he got shot. He lost all credibility as a "journalist" at that point. Willamette Week isn't know for being objective, so I can't believe what was printed. But I digress. Back to the point. The grand jury did not indict the man, so it is over.

Its sad what journalism has come to. Most reports have more opinions than facts. The reporter's story is clearly trying to rearrange the facts to support her opinion.

What I take away from the story is that the current lack of law enforcement at the behest of liberal "humanitarian" thinkers is not humane or safe. The dead man was a known problem that Portland ignored. He was a "ticking time bomb" with a lethal weapon (knife).

Portland's police failed to inspire confidence in the citizens involved. That is why they asked the shop owner to handle it. Portland's politicians failed to keep an armed and mentally unstable person from its citizens. The shop owner did not kill the guy, Portland killed him.

The reporter wrote a "hatchet" article on the owner. Instead she should have written about how the inaction of government put the community at risk. And, how it took a veteran & community member to resolve a bad situation.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top