JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The problem with mob situations is that those in the mob and those outside it are all on a hair trigger. Avoid them if at all possible. It's a no win situation.

EDIT: it would be a strange thing to convict a man based on an assaulter's false impression.

True.

We'll be hearing the term "reasonable belief" a lot.

Here is the video where he turns onto the street -- wise? No. Illegal. No. Even if illegal, not a reason to get assaulted.

Thanks for the video link. It appears to show that he was already being chased before he made the turn. It also clearly shows him stopping for a pedestrian in the crosswalk. The stop is abrupt and would have been frightening for the guy in the crosswalk but it shows no obviouse bad intent.

I don't think there's enough information to judge the wisdom of his decision. I'd want to know what he saw ahead of him and to the left and why he made that right turn. Hindsight is 20/20 but foresight not so much.

Agreed on both. Nailing the intentions of both parties is key. I would be suprised if Fernadez, given his behavior afterwards, goes down. I think the judge, in lowering bail, recognizes that. The charges might get dropped.

Based on the info I currently have, he shouldn't face charges let alone a conviction but this is Seattle where some folks get dozens of "second" chances and others are prosecuted to the full extent of the law.

I will be surprised if the charges are dropped. I wonder if he will be charged for violation of the mayor's Civil Emergency Order banning all weapons. He was definitely in the city's large weapons prohibition zone.

Last Edited:
I will be surprised if the charges are dropped. I wonder if he will be charged for violation the mayor's Civil Emergency Order banning all weapons. He was definitely in the city's large weapons prohibition zone.
State preemption laws and federal laws prohibit Mayor Durkan from issuing, let alone being able to enforce, such unlawful "orders", decrees, and edicts when it comes to firearms, SMC 10.02.020 be damned.

That kind of bullbubblegum posturing must be confronted and utterly destroyed at every turn..

Last Edited:
it looked to me like the protesters were trying to stop someone from endangering innocent folks with a vehicle. Someone who intentionally drove there, and intentionally brought enough ammo to 'defend' himself from as many folks as possible.

Guess it all depends on your perspective.

If someone drove at a group of cops like that, who were telling the driver to stop, they would most likely get shot.

So am I a premeditated mass murderer when I go places with 35 rounds?

When did 'being prepared to defend' oneself equate to premeditated desire to murder? If you keep a gun in your house are you pre-meditating shooting someone who breaks into your house? Or are you simply planning to be able to defend yourself?

What about cops who travel with about 52 minimum? Are they premeditated mass murderers?

If we are talking about a muslim terrorist driving into a crowd purposely to run over people, sure, plenty of previous examples to be concerned of that. As stated in previous posts, if his intent was to attack people with his vehicle, he sure did a terrible job considering he hit 0 people and veered out of the way of people who did not get out of his way before coming to a complete stop.

What are your thoughts on antifa patrolling the streets with guns? They have blocked off a section of downtown and are claiming it.

The idea that a person is looking for trouble because they carry 'extra ammunition' right now when the country is experiencing some pretty serious turmoil is akin to saying a woman who wears 'sexy' clothing instead of a full body trash bag is asking to be raped - It's ridiculous.

The idea that a person is looking for trouble because they carry 'extra ammunition' right now when the country is experiencing some pretty serious turmoil is akin to saying a woman who wears 'sexy' clothing instead of a full body trash bag is asking to be raped - It's ridiculous.
That right there is brilliant! You could not have chosen a better analogy to make your point.

The prosecution is making the case that the shooter forfeited his right to self-defense because he allegedly provoked the crowd:

"In the charging papers, Senior Deputy Prosecuting Attorney Karissa Taylor said Fernandez 'sped up, heading straight for a crowd of protesters,' as he turned onto 11th Avenue.

" 'It is apparent from the reactions of the crowd that the defendant was driving at an excessive speed given the crowd and conditions,' Taylor wrote. 'As protesters yelled at him to stop, and even put a metal barrier in his path, he continued to drive forward.' "

She must have seen different videos than I saw ... or something else. Bottom line: According to King County prosecutors, the "reactions of the crowd" determine whether you get charged for acting in apparent self-defense even when that crowd is chasing and attacking you. Still, I'd like to know what happened before Fernandez turned on to 11th.

The prosecution is making the case that the shooter forfeited his right to self-defense because he allegedly provoked the crowd:

"In the charging papers, Senior Deputy Prosecuting Attorney Karissa Taylor said Fernandez 'sped up, heading straight for a crowd of protesters,' as he turned onto 11th Avenue.

" 'It is apparent from the reactions of the crowd that the defendant was driving at an excessive speed given the crowd and conditions,' Taylor wrote. 'As protesters yelled at him to stop, and even put a metal barrier in his path, he continued to drive forward.' "

She must have seen different videos than I saw ... or something else. Bottom line: According to King County prosecutors, the "reactions of the crowd" determine whether you get charged for acting in apparent self-defense even when that crowd is chasing and attacking you. Still, I'd like to know what happened before Fernandez turned on to 11th.

We knew any anti-freedom prosecutor was going to throw him to the mob. Tough times ahead for anyone considering defending themselves.

The part that gets me, is that Fernandez could have been stoutest BLM supporter in Seattle and just driving up to give praise to the crowd and pass out hamburgers, but since their illegal blockade was in full force, then "you shall not pass". It's like ISIS tactics. Non-believers/Infidels must die.

Nah -- bail is common and is more related to flight risk than any guess about whether the
prosecutors win.

Nah, there's nothing "common" about this case. Fernandez shot a "heroic" Black man at a "peaceful" BLM protest for "racial justice". Most of the media, "activists", and local politicians pushed out a false narrative from the get-go and they're still sticking to that story although not quite so vocally.

Nah, there's nothing "common" about this case. Fernandez shot a "heroic" Black man at a "peaceful" BLM protest for "racial justice". Most of the media, "activists", and local politicians pushed out a false narrative from the get-go and they're still sticking to that story although not quite so vocally.

I agree with that. I just don't think granting bail means they think the case is weak. Bail is granted all the time.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top