JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
If I've ever read more of a hit piece on stand your ground as this one.

oops, I just posted the same link.

I thought it was odd Portland has one of the highest ratios of justified shootings to overall shootings in the nation. That and his non indictment go against some of the general trains of thought around here on self defense and/or jurys in Portland.

Last Edited:
What provoked Vinci to hit Hanley with the Asp? Maybe I missed something. Sadly this is what PDX & Seattle have become...Cities with people that should be kept away from the general public but instead they're foisted upon us.

Poorly written to be sure. Probably no editor over there at Moscow on the Willamette.

And what a long story, (I kept thinking it was finished and then nope, off we go again) not a reporting so much as a treatise on changing the law. "Williamson, the chairwoman of the House Judiciary Committee, says WW's reporting suggests the law needs to be changed."

Last Edited:
What provoked Vinci to hit Hanley with the Asp? Maybe I missed something. Sadly this is what PDX & Seattle have become...Cities with people that should be kept away from the general public but instead they're foisted upon us.

The homeless guy threw a lint roller at a catering lady, who signaled to her co-worker for help, co-worker got Vinci to help. Catering lady said she was assaulted when Vinci came outside, so he pulled the baton and forced the guy off the property with it.

What provoked Vinci to hit Hanley with the Asp? Maybe I missed something.

According to the story (if you can stand reading all the way thru), one of the caterers, who counted on Vinci to protect them, ran next door to get him because the other worker had flashed the secret sign that she was having a problem with a homeless. The homeless had been giving them all problems, so maybe Vinci was preloaded for a go at him. But Vinci is quoted as saying he struck the guy to get him to leave. That probably would have been assault had not Hanley thrown the thingy at the gal.

Vargas obviously has a different outlook on what happened then her co-workers.

I love this line: "In Portland, Oregon's self-defense law makes homeless people particularly vulnerable."

Maybe it's the homeless problem that's leading to homeless people getting killed (and not just by "stand your ground")?

This says everything we need to know:

crime-scene-collage.jpg

"He plugged Hanley once through the chest."

"The law, Oregon Revised Statute 161.219, protects the rights of private citizens to use deadly force as much or more than nearly any other state in the U.S.—except perhaps Texas,"

"the 2012 killing of Trayvon Martin by George Zimmerman,
who physically confronted the 17-year-old as he walked home." (I thought Trayvon struck first?)

"laws that have been on the books so long they preceded the recent national debate." (Really? Kinda like that thing written by our forefathers eh?)

"Overly broad self-defense laws essentially give individuals a license to act as judge, jury, and executioner," said state Rep. Jennifer Williamson (D-Portland) in a statement responding to WW's reporting. (Tail wags the dog yet again)

Oh, let's bring in Connecticut too... THEY have common sense gun laws.

Oh, and let's get some quotes from a reasonable gun owner!

Just a small sample from the first coupla paragraphs. Wow, just wow!

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads