JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
i know i sound like a jerk only wanting to take care of myself but, this day in age being a good samaritan doesnt always end up good for the samaritan

Dude, it is Portland, so you would have been made the bad guy by the police who stand down to antifa, if you had shot the attacker.

Dude, it is Portland, so you would have been made the bad guy by the police who stand down to antifa, if you had shot the attacker.

Shoot the attacker??? Not justified, many things you can do short of pulling a trigger!!! Often shouting or making your presence known would be enough to scare a bum away. Or showing a firearm... who's gonna say it's brandishing? F' em! Fire a shot into the ground if it's serious enough. When we stop protecting each other, we have lost our way as a society.

i agree with always carrying protection. that being said, and this is my personal opinion, as unfortunate as what you witnessed was, had it been me i would have yelled at the guy too and called the police.

if the guy had a knife or gun its really a tough call...it is NOT my job to "play police"

since the guy was not a direct threat to me (being on a cliff 100ft above him) i could have taken care of me and left the situation.

if he was threatening her life with a weapon or whatever and i did eliminate the threat theres always the aftermath of what i'd have to deal with afterwards legally and the thought in the back of my mind of what if the lady turns against me and presses charges on me... i think you did the right thing and stopped it from getting worse.

i know i sound like a jerk only wanting to take care of myself but, this day in age being a good samaritan doesnt always end up good for the samaritan
In the vast majority of cases, an individual sounding like a jerk is most likely a jerk.

This is not clickbait, just want to share my experience today. Here are my personal takeaways, or beliefs, from the event and no one else has to agree with me on anything. Someone else may feel totally different. I just want to share my experience.

It's good you are exorcising your rights. Good job! Keep up the good work! Always let the authorities deal with it if possible, and only use it to save your life or the life of someone else from an attacker.

In the vast majority of cases, an individual sounding like a jerk is most likely a jerk.

Big talk from somebody that has been a member since 2012 and has 78 "likes". You are sounding like a jerk, but I can assure you that v0lcom13sn0w is not. I'm a jerk, so I know one when I encounter one. Perhaps you meant to include a disclaimer that said you weren't referring to him specifically and just got in a hurry to get your pithy remark down or maybe you forgot?

Status

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top