JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
This is the only accurate statement in that article:

"...state lawmakers said they weren't aware how broad Oregon's laws were."

why would they know anything about their job? imagine the other professions

"Journalist said she was unaware that all her articles were not just her 23 year old opinion"
"Construction workers said they were unaware of needing a foundation"
"Dentists said they were unaware that Novocaine was needed"
"Physicians said they were unaware of any differences between horses and humans"
"The Navy said they were unaware that they had boats"

Last Edited:
That was my very first thought and why I clicked it.

To paint the picture that some Trump supporting redneck murdered a helpless homeless passerby just needing a good meal to get him back to a functioning member of society. An evil gun was used when running away unarmed would have completely solved the issue and is the preferred method. Citizens should be legally required to be victims unless the feelings of their attackers would be assaulted so self defense should be changed to self defense criminalization so we can all get back to building our commune of a utopic society.

To paint the picture that some Trump supporting redneck murdered a helpless homeless passerby just needing a good meal to get him back to a functioning member of society. An evil gun was used when running away unarmed would have completely solved the issue and is the preferred method. Citizens should be legally required to be victims unless the feelings of their attackers would be assaulted so self defense should be changed to self defense criminalization so we can all get back to building our commune of a utopic society.

All they said was 'tattoo artist' which I thought was a pretty liberal thing. News stories usually say a little more in a headline than just 'Portland man shoots homeless man'.

The Oregon Supreme Court ruled AGES AGO that people have no duty to retreat from a threat. Any future legislative "changes" contrary to that will not hold water.

Having said that, when I'm on that side of town I get lunch out of that teriyaki joint next door and the bums and street zombies around there get on my frakin' nerves, and although the shooting was justified I would have approached the situation differently and not come out swinging the baton if the lady wasn't still being assaulted.

That POSSIBLY could have sent the chain of events on a different trajectory, but it was what it was and the dude pulled out a knife... game over.

All they said was 'tattoo artist' which I thought was a pretty liberal thing. News stories usually say a little more in a headline than just 'Portland man shoots homeless man'.

That is why they used the picture of the guy with an AR15, a beer, an American flag cooler and shirt right under the headline. So you know for sure what the opinion of the article was about.

If the homeless man was harassing people and started this then clean shoot and good on the guy for protecting him self and the lady. If the dude instigated it then shame on him.

As for what he does for a living or anything else it shouldn't matter! I'm tired of everyone profiling because of a person's point of view, the color of there skin or the way they dress. This crap needs to stop to make America great again. Just my .02

The story said the guy served three tours in Afghanistan and worked as a military contractor for a decade.

Being threatened with a knife from 6' away is enough reason to stand your ground. A larger percentage of knife attack victims have a higher death rate than do that of gun shot victims. From 6' away, someone can be in your face faster than flies on shizz and if they slice you right, you can bleed out.

It should read:
"Oregonians successfully defend themselves legally more often than most other states".

"Homeless are particularly vulnerable when they pull a knife"

If a indictment happy Metro area grand jury didn't indict, you can be sure that they found the brandishing of a knife. Are homeless more vulnerable? Only if they pull a knife. I'd pull the trigger on anyone with a knife drawn, aggressive and facing me, inside of 25'.
Its a hit piece article meant to manipulate peoples emotions to find empathy for the dead person, and place blame for the event. The blame can't be applied to the dead person (they've paid the ultimate price, right?), so we have to blame the other party. Its just how society works now.

I told myself not to get political or opinionated on this forum, oops.

poorly written. to me, it sounds like the shooter was trying to protect someone he knows from bodily harm. situation escaladed once homeless man pulled a knife. not knowing the guys intention, i would be in fear for my life and those around me. i cant say i would have shot but, i can say that if i was in fear for my life, its kill or be killed. i got a wife and kids at home i gotta be here for.

As for what he does for a living or anything else it shouldn't matter! I'm tired of everyone profiling because of a person's point of view, the color of there skin or the way they dress. This crap needs to stop to make America great again. Just my .02

I think he has more than earned the right to do whatever he wants to do for a living.

...but it was what it was and the dude pulled out a knife... game over.
They had prior interactions with this same homeless guy, quoted from the woman, Vargas, as she said they saw Vinci (the tattoo artist) as the shop area protector, and he had literally run off hundreds of homeless people. That she spoke to him because the situation was "now" and the police took too long to get there -- obviously they had made 911 calls before, which WillyWeek neglected to investigate.
I've dealt with the pukes at Willy Week many times, and IMO they are a pack of self-righteous, pompous leftists. This is just more standard journalism from them, though I think they should restrict their purview to their regular fare of drinking, weed, music and sexual exploits.

[edit to add] I called them "Liberals" earlier, but changed the word to Leftists, because there is a world of difference between the two terms. The term Liberal connotes an open mind, which none of the staff at Willy Week whom I've met possess.

Last Edited:
This article is clear about one thing, Kate Brown and the democrats will be looking to rewrite laws to limit the ability for law abiding citizens to protect themselves. This is a cattle call for the left to demand "reasonable" gun laws.

I thought it was odd Portland has one of the highest ratios of justified shootings to overall shootings in the nation.

Someone elsewhere pointed out that this is likely due to the low number of unjustified shootings we have around here.

Did Vinci ask Mr. Homeless to leave before he started whacking him with an ASP? If not, why not? Was Fornell in immediate danger... no. Was it due to prior encounters? Keep in mind that the homeless man is entitled to self-defense also, even tho he lost his calmite and threw something (what a hair curler?), ... but he brought a knife to a gunfight and lost. All I know is that if I was attacked by a large heavily muscled dude, who apparently enjoys beating up homeless, if he attacked ME with a baton, I would have drawn down on HIM. Not saying bad shoot, but the assault with a baton goes unpunished??? I guess I missed something.

To me it's another case of over-reactive person calling to be saved and someone gets killed. Just sayin. Next time protect your own dang self.

I didn't know he was a business owner. About 6 months ago an Asian business owner plugged a pooper in front of his business on 82nd Ave.. they deemed it a "good" shoot.

Yeah, Vinci owned a patriot tatoo parlor next to the food catering joint. One of the workers ran next door to get him because another worker flashed the "trouble" sign (oddly enough, she gave the "peace" ((Y)) symbol wid her finners) and she new that he was armed and considered a "protector".

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top