JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
My LEO stepBrother always told me if you commit a crime or are under threat of arrest shut your mouth.
Lawyer up.
80% of the convictions they get wouldn't happen if people just shut up.

Well again for the how many times now, you say Lawyer after a shoot and nothing more.
Now if it was on video as the story tells it? He is in trouble. Just because some scum threw a punch at you does not mean you get to dust him when he stands there hands in the air. I would love to see this video.

I will withhold my personal opinion until we can see the video of the shooting.
I agree and will do the same however what I would like to know (and it was not explained) as to what Lundvall was doing in the parking for the approx. half hour as reported.

Maybe in the legal sense it is not relevant but it would be interesting to know.

To start, respect to all opinions here, but the don't say anything to police in a self defense use of force is a very poor idea. Remember, over 97% of those (at least) defended by attorneys are guilty. Simple fact. It is great advice for that group. As @Dinglenutz noted, there are some VERY good reasons to provide specific and limited information to the police. George Zimmerman would have been convicted had he lawyered up and shut up. You need to establish you are the victim, otherwise you shot / killed someone so you are immediately the suspect. Evidence will be collected as if you are the suspect. The only way this changes is by you providing specific but limited information (and absolutely not a canned, "I was in fear for my life" speech...that will likely get you convicted) evidence to support your innocence including pointing out witnesses is needed.

I've been to self defense situations as an LEO; I did not take people to jail because they told me what happened and why. Without this they would absolutely have gone to jail (they didn't provide a reason they were not the aggressor) and likely would have been convicted. Attorneys skew their advice to their typical clientele, guilty people. VERY few attorneys have ever put fort a self defense claim in court with an innocent person (let's define innocents as someone we in this forum would think is innocent).

If you can possibly attend Ayoob's MAG 40 (classroom and shooting) or MAG 20 classroom I can't recommend it highly enough. You will hear the 40+ years of "why" behind each answer.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top