JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
My needs are different than your needs I am guessing

Well, that's the point! In your OP you did not communicate the reasons why you have the firearms you do. Therefore, how can anyone know what to recommend w/o knowing your purposes.

Self defense, SHTF, zombie apocolypse, hunting, plinking, target shooting, competition... my interests are different than yours. Therefore, my gun list is different than yours. That said, I think you got some pretty good answers even tho you already had the answer.

Self defense, SHTF, zombie apocolypse, hunting, plinking, target shooting...That said, I think you got some pretty good answers even tho you already had the answer.
So those are my purposes...all around. And no I didn't have the answer. I got a LOT of help from these postings. Well worth my time. But people keep saying "how can anyone know what to recommend" but yet this was accomplished. Look at the positives dont try to find holes in the process

So those are my purposes...all around. And no I didn't have the answer. I got a LOT of help from these postings. Well worth my time. But people keep saying "how can anyone know what to recommend" but yet this was accomplished. Look at the positives dont try to find holes in the process

That's odd because at the beginning entry you said in heavy block colored font that you had your answers. I'm thinking you missed my sarcasm. I also think there was a lot of wasted effort when people tried to get an answer to you without knowing how you use your firearms. So yes, I find holes in YOUR process. Please don't abuse it!!!:mad:

What did I JUST say?!

Also, handguns don't take clips.
teaserbox_941520882.jpg
Or do they? :rolleyes: (I should get one someday)

What did I JUST say?!

Also, handguns don't take clips.
ok what is your point? Its like saying "dogs bit sometimes".....OK
That's odd because at the beginning entry you said in heavy block colored font that you had your answers. I'm thinking you missed my sarcasm. I think there was a lot of wasted effort when people tried to get an answer to you without knowing how you use your firearms. So yes, I find holes in YOUR process. Please don't abuse it!!!:mad:
Obviously, you don't understand the process...let me explain it to you.
1. I asked a question
2. Got a lot of answers 95% helpful 5% like you
3. I and a few other people obtained answers and info from said answers
SUCESS!

AGAIN please quit being so negative and just try to be happy for those of us who have success in asking questions even if you can't comprehend the validity of those questions.

Last Edited:
ok what is your point? Its like saying "dogs bit sometimes".....OK

Obviously, you don't understand the process...let me explain it to you.
1. I asked a question
2. Got a lot of answers 80% helpful 20% like you
3. I and a few other people obtained answers and info from said answers
SUCESS!

AGAIN please quit being so negative and just try to be happy for those of us who have success in asking questions even if you can't comprehend the validity of those questions.

Obviously you don't understand how things work, much less how to communicate, nor how to show respect to members by not wasting their time and efforts. Sooooo, let me explain to you how things work...

1. You give background info.
2. You ask a question that accurately COMMUNICATES what you want to know.
3. You give enough parameters that people don't waste their time and effort.
4. You are thankful for ALL answers, including those that don't exactly fit your needs.
5. You respect people enough not to be snarky or disrespectful.
6. You learn something from the negative responses and modify your behavior.

0764553194.jpg

Is that positive enough for you snowflake? And please stop trying to sound so smart.

Last Edited:
Obviously you don't understand how things work, much less how to communicate, nor how to show respect to members by not wasting their time and efforts. Sooooo, let me explain to you how things work...

1. You give background info.
2. You ask a question the accurately COMMUNICATES
LOL Well let me try and break it down for you so you can clearly understand. Because all joking aside I thought you were just trying to be funny until this last post then you just appear ignorant.

communicate: The thread you are commenting on literally proves your points invalid. Oh the irony OH. So because I received my answers I clearly do know how to communicate.
Respect: I have said please and thank you a dozen times in this posting so again I clearly know how to show respect when it is deserved. I personally get along with 99% of everyone in my life...LITERALLY!! So please look at your original actions and you may find the answer to the situation we are in. If you do not them My bad I am sorry and I will work on it in the future. (I hope we can become friends)

But in the end, I asked my question in my way and it worked. Most everyone was positive and helped out. 100+ people have commented and only 5 have had an issue. Why do you have to be the ONE to have the biggest issue out of more the 100 is a question for your self
In fact, I have received a few emails saying thank you. Just because it is not your way doesn't mean it is incorrect.
So my understanding is good, thank you. :rolleyes:

LOL Well let me try and break it down for you so you can clearly understand. Because all joking aside I thought you were just trying to be funny until this last post then you just appear ignorant.

communicate: The thread you are commenting on literally proves your points invalid. Oh the irony OH. So because I received my answers I clearly do know how to communicate.
Respect: I have said please and thank you a dozen times in this posting so again I clearly know how to show respect when it is deserved. I personally get along with 99% of everyone in my life...LITERALLY!! So please look at your original actions and you may find the answer to the situation we are in. If you do not them My bad I am sorry and I will work on it in the future. (I hope we can become friends)

But in the end, I asked my question in my way and it worked. Most everyone was positive and helped out. 100+ people have commented and only 5 have had an issue. Why do you have to be the ONE to have the biggest issue out of more the 100 is a question for your self
In fact, I have received a few emails saying thank you. Just because it is not your way doesn't mean it is incorrect.
So my understanding is good, thank you. :rolleyes:

You are one messed up person. There is just no fixing this. And I'm not going to continue to try to get thru to you. TTFN

I am sorry to all reading this thread for letting my self fall victim to a trolling. It was my fault for not looking further into this. I thought he was being "real" at first then upon further rereading I realized no one could actually be like this in real life. For wasting the time of you good people on this troll I am sorry! Please forgive me

First ten rounds shot with my 1898 m/96 and FNM factory ammunition...

View attachment 333953

Open sights @100m with the issue sling.

I don't know about you, but I wouldn't stand in front of that 'old' rifle' ...

tac

That's shooting offhand? Good on ya! My eyes are so old I can't even see the front sight. But I don't think I ever shot that well when I was a pup!!!

Last Edited:
(ANSWERED)Ok so I LOVE my guns but I don't know why I need any more than I have. I have purchased what I have for specific reasons and I feel I am almost done. This is only for myself, so wife and kids are a different subject. But I am not a collector and I do not want to have to keep 20 different calibers of ammo.

1. Remington MODEL 870 EXPRESS TACTICAL (12G)

2. Ruger Precision Rifle (.308)

3. Custom built AR-15 (5.56)

4. Ruger 10/22 Takedown (.22)

5. Remington 700 STS (.308)

6. Springfield XDM 3.8" COMPACT MODEL (9mm)

7. Winchester 94 30-30

If there is a good reason other then collecting please let me know why and what. Also yes I know the great debate on (9mm vs .40 vs .45) and in the end I feel if you use the correct ammo a 9 will do the job 98% of the time.

(I have received my answers with the help of several people who actually tried and didn't just say ONLY YOU KNOW THE ANSWER AND EVERYONE IS DIFFERENT) A LOT OF HELP WAS OFFRED AND FOR THAT I THANK YOU

In the end, I think I NEED
1. 2 more 9mm handguns that take the same magazine as what I have
2. Another shotgun with a longer barrel
3. A bolt action .22
4. Another AR-15
4. A .22 pistol

The only thing I'd add is a Wheel gun, likely a .357 of the 4 inch variant. I'll admit I really like wheel guns but I still feel they are even more reliable then even today's semi-auto's. I have no proof, but I've never had a wheel gun fail on me. If you asked me to pin point one I'd recommend the SW 686 Plus.

I am sorry to all reading this thread for letting my self fall victim to a trolling. It was my fault for not looking further into this. I thought he was being "real" at first then upon further rereading I realized no one could actually be like this in real life. For wasting the time of you good people on this troll I am sorry! Please forgive me

I sure as heck wasn't trolling! Name calling will not mitigate my honest concerns with your style nor that fact that you teed me off with your comebacks. When I mentioned you saying already that you had your answer, maybe you could have explained to me what all the blue is as seen above... Did you edit your original post to add that? Maybe you could have explained to the group more of what you wanted, what you were looking for, that your question was for general purpose gun use so as to make it easier to answer. Maybe you could have tried to understand and accept what some people were having a problem with. Yes, I think you manipulated folks into this nice long thread. So who is the Troll? Go ahead and report me.

Last Edited:
Status

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews