JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
Reactions
(ANSWERED)Ok so I LOVE my guns but I don't know why I need any more than I have. I have purchased what I have for specific reasons and I feel I am almost done. This is only for myself, so wife and kids are a different subject. But I am not a collector and I do not want to have to keep 20 different calibers of ammo.

1. Remington MODEL 870 EXPRESS TACTICAL (12G)

2. Ruger Precision Rifle (.308)

3. Custom built AR-15 (5.56)

4. Ruger 10/22 Takedown (.22)

5. Remington 700 STS (.308)

6. Springfield XDM 3.8" COMPACT MODEL (9mm)

7. Winchester 94 30-30

If there is a good reason other then collecting please let me know why and what. Also yes I know the great debate on (9mm vs .40 vs .45) and in the end I feel if you use the correct ammo a 9 will do the job 98% of the time.

(I have received my answers with the help of several people who actually tried and didn't just say ONLY YOU KNOW THE ANSWER AND EVERYONE IS DIFFERENT) A LOT OF HELP WAS OFFRED AND FOR THAT I THANK YOU

In the end, I think I NEED
1. 2 more 9mm handguns that take the same magazine as what I have
2. Another shotgun with a longer barrel
3. A bolt action .22
4. Another AR-15
4. A .22 pistol

Last Edited:
If there is a good reason other then collecting please let me know why and what.

it might depend on why you have what you do in the first place, but typically in times of unrest or disaster guns are the first things to suddenly go missing. I agree with you there is no need to own multiple calibers, I would at least get another XDM in the same caliber and probably model so you can stock up on the same mags and holsters.

Not sure I understand the question.
I gave a list of my guns and I am asking is there any reason other than collecting that I might need anything else. Sorry if that was not abundantly clear in the original post. I thought it was pretty straight forward.

it might depend on why you have what you do in the first place, but typically in times of unrest or disaster guns are the first things to suddenly go missing. I agree with you there is no need to own multiple calibers, I would at least get another XDM in the same caliber and probably model so you can stock up on the same mags and holsters.
I do have several mags and holsters BUT it is a good point. I had a xdm 4.5 and I think I should probibly get one or two more......Thank You!

Yeah it depends on the purposes of your guns and your own personal "needs". For instance an avid hunter needs many different firearms for the terrain or game he hunts. Or someone who carries a gun every day needs several guns for different attire, weather, etc. Some people just like guns, so the always need new guns to fondle or tinker with.

If you don't hunt, carry, or like guns, your list is probably all you "need".:)

I gave a list of my guns and I am asking is there any reason other than collecting that I might need anything else. Sorry if that was not abundantly clear in the original post. I thought it was pretty straight forward.

A bunch of folks, self included, don't understand the "need" vs want point when it comes to firearms purchases. ;)

Anyways, since you asked, I suggest a second carry and a second 12g.

On the simple side, if you practice a lot, and you should, things may break. You will always have what you normally use.

:rolleyes: Sarcasm

Want more? Get more. Don't "need" more? Quit buying. You certainly don't need our permission either way.

I get your caliber argument. I'm a proponent of caliber consolidation too but sometimes an oddball just finds its way in.

Years ago in the Katrina aftermath I read a good article about one guys story protecting his home, he refused to evac. At every corner someone wants to steal your gun, or confiscate it if you run into the nat. guard or other "authority". If you have to leave your house for supplies, don't expect your guns to be there when you return.

I think it was an excerpt from the book The Great New Orleans Gun Grab, I never read that though I bet its a good read. New Orleans Gun Grab - Descent Into Anarchy

I would venture to say to add ammo to your list.

I don't feel right until I have backups for everything. So, at least 2 of each caliber is my plan. And for carry purposes, I've got tiny, small, medium, large. For competition purposes I've got a gun for every game and division that interests me. And how could someone possibly have only a single 22?

But some of this doubling and tripling is because of my large amount of ammo. If you're someone who only keeps a few boxes around, there's no "need" for more than one.

these-go-to-eleven.png

Famous last words: "I don't need any more guns."
Bwahahahaha! :s0082:
I said that to my wife once. I think I used it as an excuse when I bought that "last" gun a few years ago. She kept bringing it up as I've bought this or that. Don't ever say that phrase out loud...you will eventually change your mind and regret you ever said it.

:rolleyes: Sarcasm

Want more? Get more. Don't "need" more? Quit buying. You certainly don't need our permission either way.

I get your caliber argument. I'm a proponent of caliber consolidation too but sometimes an oddball just finds its way in.
more tongue and cheek thn anything (no offence ment at all). But I was hoping for comments like "it seams you have overlooked this for this reasion" or " I would deffinatly do This because of this"

Years ago in the Katrina aftermath I read a good article about one guys story protecting his home, he refused to evac. At every corner someone wants to steal your gun, or confiscate it if you run into the nat. guard or other "authority". If you have to leave your house for supplies, don't expect your guns to be there when you return.

I think it was an excerpt from the book The Great New Orleans Gun Grab, I never read that though I bet its a good read. New Orleans Gun Grab - Descent Into Anarchy

I would venture to say to add ammo to your list.
I do have a good ammount of ammo and always adding more. But types of guns has nothng to do with if you leave your house they will be stolen. I am a bit confused (I probibly missed the point) so I hope there is a followup

Status

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top