JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I haven't seen any Oregon State police marked guns or Washington state patrol guns excluding a few 870s (that I never had money when I saw them sold) or a few Wash state patrol colt ars that were incredibly expensive. Does anyone know if they just don't mark their pistols or if they haven't surplused them? I've thought of trying to get a police trade in gun from Oregon (even if it's just a local pd or sheriff dept gun near me) but I never have seen any marked guns. I know OSP had switched to m&p 9mm instead of 40s but I never heard of them selling their 40s. Guess if anyone has any semi recent guns from eather state's police what out of curiosity and if anyone knows if the state police just don't mark their pistols. Thanks

I shot this one, a buddy inherited it from his father. WSP model 28, marked as Washington State Patrol.

ws1.JPG ws2.jpg ws3.jpg

I haven't heard of any police agency that engraves their guns for many years. As many agencies allow their officers to carry their own weapons engraving them would be a no no. The only engraved guns I know about anymore is the commemorative ones like the OSP ones mentioned above.

I think Oregon Rifleworks tends to carry a lot of police trade-in/surplus stuff but I don't recall ever seeing anything engraved with department markings.

I haven't heard of any police agency that engraves their guns for many years. As many agencies allow their officers to carry their own weapons engraving them would be a no no. The only engraved guns I know about anymore is the commemorative ones like the OSP ones mentioned above.
I know I occasionally see county sheriff dept marked ones on glock slides on pd trades I've just never seen one for oregon or Washington but your right they are more scarce. Doubt it would be a local pd unless it's a bigger city or serial number for a specific department.

OSP never marked their guns, just whatever they came with from the factory . The commerative guns were marked by S&W, but were only a special commerative model that was never issued or carried. OSP hadn't even issued the model or barrel length Smith used as the commerative.

I have not seen any in the last 20 years.
I have a Semiauto 40sw pre-ban and a .357 both police issues.
One I bought directly from the officer, pre 941.
The other was of all places at a Pawnshop.

I don't see them at gun shows or anything.

I think those are the commemorate revolvers but I don't know if they were orginally only sold to officers (I know the Missouri highway patrol ones were and had badge numbers, not not issued but orginally only sold to LE. Still really cool revolver!
Was given to father by wsp as a years of service award.

I haven't seen any Oregon State police marked guns or Washington state patrol guns excluding a few 870s (that I never had money when I saw them sold) or a few Wash state patrol colt ars that were incredibly expensive. Does anyone know if they just don't mark their pistols or if they haven't surplused them? I've thought of trying to get a police trade in gun from Oregon (even if it's just a local pd or sheriff dept gun near me) but I never have seen any marked guns. I know OSP had switched to m&p 9mm instead of 40s but I never heard of them selling their 40s. Guess if anyone has any semi recent guns from eather state's police what out of curiosity and if anyone knows if the state police just don't mark their pistols. Thanks
Reminds me of this pic from internet
6C278A64-0F4D-4902-89A1-68E6D89D49F8.jpeg
783469A8-9D87-4596-9599-2FAE85883446.png

If you're wanting marked/engraved police trade ins, the comments above answer that. Oregon Rifleworks and Keith's are where you'll mostly find current trade ins since they are the distributors for LE stuff.
I've picked up 6 OSP ARs (S&W) but aside from a numbered sticker, never had any agency marking. ORW gets them in batches depending on which agency they are buying from. I've seen them get in batches of S&W ARs, Colt ARs, 870s, FN SLPs, Glocks and Sigs. None have had agency markings.

Way back in the day, the 90s, when Trojan was shutting down, I saw a bunch of HK pistols and rifles come thru Place to Shoot when they had their Tigard location. All were factory engraved with DOE - Trojan markings. USPs, and even a couple PSG1s. I would have hoped for a few HK9x, but those were all full auto and didn't make it to the resale market.

If you're wanting marked/engraved police trade ins, the comments above answer that. Oregon Rifleworks and Keith's are where you'll mostly find current trade ins since they are the distributors for LE stuff.
I've picked up 6 OSP ARs (S&W) but aside from a numbered sticker, never had any agency marking. ORW gets them in batches depending on which agency they are buying from. I've seen them get in batches of S&W ARs, Colt ARs, 870s, FN SLPs, Glocks and Sigs. None have had agency markings.

Way back in the day, the 90s, when Trojan was shutting down, I saw a bunch of HK pistols and rifles come thru Place to Shoot when they had their Tigard location. All were factory engraved with DOE - Trojan markings. USPs, and even a couple PSG1s. I would have hoped for a few HK9x, but those were all full auto and didn't make it to the resale market.
I was hoping for engraved but if they had a sticker on them I would compromise for that. Especially as unengraved pd guns are much cheaper than ones that are unmarked or just have stickers on them. Thanks.
Also, did those stickers on your 6 OSP ars just department numbers or did they say OSP property or just OSP?

Last Edited:
I've got a S&W .38-44 that was formerly WSP issue (from long, long ago, obviously). The "Washington State Patrol" engraving on the backstrap has been removed, leaving an ugly greyish finish back there (apparently this was a common procedure with WSP when they resold these guns). Otherwise it's in good condition.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top