JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
.218 Bee

Bring back the Raging Bee. Except this time maybe it could be a Ruger or Smith & Wesson instead of a Taurus. Man, I almost bought one of those a bunch of times but couldn't get past the "Taurus" part.

I am currently having a 257 roberts built on a 1903-a3 rifle. The nice thing about the 257 roberts is the brass can be resized from 6mm remington or 7mm mauser easily. Worse case you can make it from 30-06. If you handload the 257 roberts is fairly easy to feed.

How about a lever gun in 30 Carbine?
Write a letter to Ruger. Tell 'em "man up" and build THIS Marlin.

1711147688177.jpeg
Marlin Model 62 .30 Carbine and a healthy Coastal Coyote (no longer healthy).

What is the advantage of a 30 carbine vs a 30-30 in a lever action? Serious question.
Of course, that question would have to be secondary to defining what the purpose of the gun would be. How would it be used?

Given that we might select a purpose for which both calibers are capable and appropriate (such as Coyote hunting), I can only relate from experience that the Levermatic pictured above is far lighter to carry than a scoped Marlin 30-30, faster to the shoulder, faster at the lever (short throw) and recoils significantly less.

All advantages toward Coyote hunting. :cool:

One good thing is 10mm is growing in subgun offerings. Not sure what else is out there but in the past seems like it was pretty limited. Mp5 clone in 10mm would be nice.

Stribog roller delayed 10mm

View attachment 1845541

Also we are still missing a roller delayed in .223/5.56 for some reason. MKEnever brought theirs over despite years of rumors and I don't know why PTR aren't making them. They would sell a gazillion of them if they made them. Thank goodness .308s are available though.

Mini thumper pic from internet
View attachment 1845548

One that might be neato to see more options in is the .480 Ruger. AFAIK, only Ruger, Freedom Arms, and Magnum Research (the latter two in .475 Linebaugh form) makes'em.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top