JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Maybe an AR platform rifle, chambered in .44 Henry Flat...

Just kidding. I agree about the 7x57mm Mauser; it's an excellent, classic cartridge that's all but forgotten nowadays.

In no particular order:

• The .50Æ. More spank than a .44 Magnum and rimless, so will function better in auto-loaders. Either a short, high(er) capacity, SBR AR type automatic or Winchester 92 clone would be neat.
  • The .500 JRH (aka .500 Special). Provides a little more pop than a .480 Ruger, without going full fire-breathing .500 Magnum. Something smaller than the Model 500 in said or a light lever-gun might be neat.
  • 9.3×62㎜ Mauser. As an all around sporting cartridge, it isn't bad. Granted, there are plenty of options now for cartridges in the class. But still, some other options would be nice.
  • The .32 NAA. This little bottle-necked cartridge is reminiscent of such offerings from yesteryear, but, AFAIK, only small automatics are made by NAA. A compact or full-sized automatic, with a large capacity could be interesting in this little zipper.
  • The .50 GI. Handguns in the .45 ACP class can be so chambered, so there should be options. Probably not enough advantage for wide adoption.
  • The .3030 WCF. It is a fine old cartridge, but there doesn't seem to be may new guns produced in said.
And I'm sure I'm forgetting some. :s0155:

I'd like to see more .357 SIG. If I want one, I tend to have to buy a .40 and a conversion barrel which just adds cost and that's only IF a conversion barrel is available. Don't mind the .40, just would like the option

Also the .45 GAP because I like the idea of it but I'm not buying a Gen 3 slippery Glock to try it out

Speaking of .30 Carbine; a large frame, double-action, moon-clip fed revolver in said would be a nice companion to carbines. IIRC, Taurus briefly offered their "Raging" line in said, but the rest of the wheelguns are single-actions. (And there were a few autos like AMT and the ill-fated Kimball so chambered.)

One good thing is 10mm is growing in subgun offerings. Not sure what else is out there but in the past seems like it was pretty limited. Mp5 clone in 10mm would be nice.

Stribog roller delayed 10mm

68F3AF7E-4F1A-4FED-A27A-950F7E4FF9D3.jpeg

Also we are still missing a roller delayed in .223/5.56 for some reason. MKEnever brought theirs over despite years of rumors and I don't know why PTR aren't making them. They would sell a gazillion of them if they made them. Thank goodness .308s are available though.

Mini thumper pic from internet
105A13B3-A55C-490D-BD93-8F96AA49FD89.jpeg

Last Edited:
In no particular order:

• The .50Æ. More spank than a .44 Magnum and rimless, so will function better in auto-loaders. Either a short, high(er) capacity, SBR AR type automatic or Winchester 92 clone would be neat.
And I'm sure I'm forgetting some. :s0155:
I have my abomination rifle in .50ae. I'd love an ar in that caliber

IMG_4753.jpeg

More rifles in 327 federal magnum and .22tcm.

The tcm out of my encore is ridiculously accurate. I'd like a subgun in it.

One good thing is 10mm is growing in subgun offerings. Not sure what else is out there but in the past seems like it was pretty limited. Mp5 clone in 10mm would be nice.

Stribog roller delayed 10mm

View attachment 1845541

Also we are still missing a roller delayed in .223/5.56 for some reason. MKEnever brought theirs over despite years of rumors and I don't know why PTR aren't making them. They would sell a gazillion of them if they made them. Thank goodness .308s are available though.

Mini thumper pic from internet
View attachment 1845548
I would absolutely LOVE to get one of those new stribog 10mms but I don't love the price. They're something like 2x the price of the 9mm version which I think is unreasonable enough not to bite.

30-30.
To maybe stabilize ammo prices, and because it's a solid mid range cartridge.
.303 brit
Because I don't want it to die.

.22mag
Because I refuse to join the 5.7 cult ( unless someone makes a bolt gun at about 70% the size of standard bolt guns. Or even a single shot, yeah I'd buy a single shot 5.7 rifle. )

Everything is in 9mm. Everything. FFS, they probably make a 9mm conversion for .50 rifles. I didn't need no mo nines in my life
Hold on a minute, a 9mm lever gun would catch my interest for sure! 9mm is a boring round but very adaptable. I have 3shooting age kids and a wife who shoots. We stack 9mm pretty deep, have pistols, revolvers, AR's, and an AK in 9mm. I really would like to see a 9mm levergun or something a little different.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top