JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The police and sheriffs departments are completely politically driven.

Hmmm??? I can't ever remember voting for the head of the OSP or my local city law enforcement. However, thank God my sheriff is political as he was one of the first to write letters to the Obama administration saying that any federal laws that further restricted rights would not be enforced in my county.

The disconnect is the concept of justice opposed to the reality of law enforcement.
If you want people to support the police and the rule of law, stop allowing plea bargaining and early release of dangerous criminals.
Expand and enforce the death penalty promptly for heinous crimes. Make criminals work hard labor every day they are incarcerated.

Law enforcement has no say as to how the justice system deals with cases. You don't think cops don't get frustrated to arrest the same boneheads repeatedly? This is why I said earlier in this thread that I understand the frustration with the justice system. It's neither fair or intellectually honest to blame police for something they have nothing to do with.

Well, for me I guess I am just thinking about what I see the cops and the government doing. Cops seem to act out their vigilante justice weekly. They murder people often and get off with no repercussions. The people know it! The citizens know it was a bad shoot/killing but it seems that authority thinks its OK for an officer to go ahead and kill the suspect instead of bringing them to court. That is taking justice in their own hands which equals being a vigilante. So why not let the rest of us do it? Sorta like...If the police gets to speed for no apparent reason why not let us? If the police gets to park in no parking areas when they are not in an emergency why not us? If the police gets to shoot people in the back when they are running away why not us? There are many more things the police do and get away with but the citizens would be punished for. I am not talking about official police business. The police are supposed to follow the laws right? We are supposed to follow the laws and try to live our lives like them right? Aren't they considered the finest? When they do wrong its OK it seems.

BUT....I guess there are some like you Kevatc, that thinks there needs to be double standards. Let the police do it but not the citizen who pays his check. Let the government do what it wants and let the citizens obey. I am ashamed of people like you Kevatc that gets on here and fights against us who want freedom for all citizens, who wants the United States governments to abide by the Constitution and not bully the citizens with all their rules and regulations or money making schemes. I am ashamed to think that people like you Kevatc can even be on this site as you apparently want to work against us. I am ashamed that people like you Kevatc cant and dont want to see that most of the people he says he is ashamed of here at NWFA are actually the good guys. We are not the guys who are out committing crimes. But go ahead and be against us Kevatc. We are the good guys who are trying to stand up for even your freedoms, the right for you and the government to live and do what The Constitution and Bill Of Rights say you can. By posting on this forum we chisel our wits and also learn ourselves.

I am not asking for there to be vigilantes, but I sure would love to see the good cops hold the cops that do bad things accountable.

The "lets have more vigilantes and less cops" thing was only words....Kevatc if you don't like reading what some of us say when we are disgusted about something then just log off. But I guess you would rather make enemies.

Amazing. You win. I can't even begin to compete with this fatuitousness.

Hmmm??? I can't ever remember voting for the head of the OSP or my local city law enforcement. However, thank God my sheriff is political as he was one of the first to write letters to the Obama administration saying that any federal laws that further restricted rights would not be enforced in my county.

Yup, Jackson and Washington Counties both wrote the same letter.

As far as your comment about not voting for the OSP Superintendent or your city police chief...The people elect the city council, and the state government, who are then the people who appoint those people to those positions. That sounds pretty political to me.

Sheriffs tend to lean a bit more conservative, seems like that tends to be the norm. Regardless, you took my comment out of context. The fact of the matter is that if you want to really get to those top spots, you must be politically driven, and I don't think that's the best thing.

Politics breeds dishonesty and corruption.

I know some here have all sorts of conspiracies about police being completely immune from punishment it is of course not true. It is not a conspiracy it is the truth. Most of the people here in the USA know its that way. Just read the comments, forums and talk to the community. Heck take a poll.

Instead of taking just the headlines as gospel, conduct real research and find out what happens to officers who shoot people. I have many times. I have keep close attention to what happened in more then a few cases, it could take up to a couple of years to see if the cop gets away with murder. Almost always the cops actions are deemed justifiable.

It is far from an epidemic though. Yes it is. I would say that if a cop kills one innocent person one time a year then it is a very big deal and it happens multiple times each year.

It just appears that way with 24 hour news and conspiracy theorists. I guess the court cases are all conspiracies too?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You can try and make it sound like I am a wack'o conspiracy nut but that is not the case. Cops do kill innocent people often. Cops go raid the wrong persons home and kill some of the innocent occupants. Cops tazer people to death, Cops kill people while trying to arrest them. It is a shame to see how barbaric the cops have become. There are probably hundreds of cases that we the public do not get to see but thank God for cameras, phones and video recorders.

Your arguments are as immature as your opinions. Once again, I never have made any statement or any argument about accepting tyranny or corruption. But I do understand that in your world, one either completely agrees with you or they are just wrong. What I have argued for is balance, having information rather than rumors, arguing facts rather than sophomoric headlines and using your brain. I understand your problem with that. Carry on with your chest beating and I will stick with facts and information.

I haven't seen one fact yet.. but lots of damage control attempts. BTW I'm 52 and a serious history student. I seriously doubt you are

Yup, Jackson and Washington Counties both wrote the same letter.

As far as your comment about not voting for the OSP Superintendent or your city police chief...The people elect the city council, and the state government, who are then the people who appoint those people to those positions. That sounds pretty political to me.

Sheriffs tend to lean a bit more conservative, seems like that tends to be the norm. Regardless, you took my comment out of context. The fact of the matter is that if you want to really get to those top spots, you must be politically driven, and I don't think that's the best thing.

Politics breeds dishonesty and corruption.

Well that makes absolutely no sense. You don't want LEO leadership elected and you don't want it appointed.

You seriously doubt that I am 52 or that I am a serious history student (as if that means s**t to a tree), or are you just trying again to show us all what a big brain you have? You seem to have just a bit of a self image problem.

I haven't seen one fact yet.. but lots of damage control attempts. BTW I'm 52 and a serious history student. I seriously doubt you are

Well that makes absolutely no sense. You don't want LEO leadership elected and you don't want it appointed.

Not what I said at all.

I said that law enforcement is a politically driven profession/entity. It should not be.

I just said it in another thread...Take all law enforcement, nationwide, and knock them to the same pay scale as military enlisted. Promote based upon merit, not *** kissing. The bad ones would quickly be weeded out, and we'd be left with the people who want to be there and do the job.

Not what I said at all.

I said that law enforcement is a politically driven profession/entity. It should not be.

I just said it in another thread...Take all law enforcement, nationwide, and knock them to the same pay scale as military enlisted. Promote based upon merit, not *** kissing. The bad ones would quickly be weeded out, and we'd be left with the people who want to be there and do the job.

I'm just going to come out and say it to you but it applies to some other folks as well: you are self-righteously full of poop. What makes you so self-assuredly certain that it's butt kissing and not merit that gets military or LEO's to rise in rank and responsibility? Put your money where your motor mouth is and tell any leadership LEO or military person that they got to where they are based on butt kising rather than butt kicking. I dare you. I double dog dare you. Is a career military guy who wants to make MSG and wants to be in a leadership position politically driven? Could he/she not be driven to just to want to make a good career? What you are proposing is a method of propagating mediocrity. I don't want mediocre military folks or LEO's. I don't want a system that rewards mediocrity over folks who are motivated to improve and and lead by example. I want folks who are willing to work to better themselves and those folks around them and not be knocked down by people like you who have no substantive information let alone facts who do nothing but moan and groan. I will follow folks who care and want to do better anytime and anywhere over folks who feel like the world pissed in their Cheerios when really they've been mistaking their cereal bowl for their own toilet. Quit bubbleguming and lead by example.

You seriously doubt that I am 52 or that I am a serious history student (as if that means s**t to a tree), or are you just trying again to show us all what a big brain you have? You seem to have just a bit of a self image problem.

Ad Hominem attack is not an argument, in fact it's the last refuge of a lost argument

I'll go ahead and handle this point by point because you seem a little slow on the uptake.

What makes you so self-assuredly certain that it's butt kissing and not merit that gets military or LEO's to rise in rank and responsibility?

Because I was there. I retired from the Army last June, I spent 3 years in the Marine Corps as well.

Put your money where your motor mouth is and tell any leadership LEO or military person that they got to where they are based on butt kising rather than butt kicking. I dare you. I double dog dare you.

Have done, sorry your argument here is invalid. I was/am a hell of a soldier, and did not progress as far as most guys my age because I wouldn't kiss ***.

Is a career military guy who wants to make MSG and wants to be in a leadership position politically driven? Could he/she not be driven to just to want to make a good career?

There are a few out there, but you wont find many of them wearing three up and three down...the ones who are are politically driven.

[/QUOTE]What you are proposing is a method of propagating mediocrity. I don't want mediocre military folks or LEO's. I don't want a system that rewards mediocrity over folks who are motivated to improve and and lead by example.[/QUOTE]

LOL, Have you seen some of the soldiers out there? Mediocrity is the norm, which is unfortunate but true.

I want folks who are willing to work to better themselves and those folks around them and not be knocked down by people like you who have no substantive information let alone facts who do nothing but moan and groan.

I want people willing to work hard to advance as well but the unfortunate truth is it involves politics

Quit bubbleguming and lead by example.

I did, and do. I have the right to bubblegum. I've been there done that. Obviously, you have not. Thanks for coming.

I don't know the situation, but a lot of times you see someone busting their hump and not getting promoted is because they build chips on their sholders and think their owed more than they should be. I've been victim of this work twice as hard as others, went above and beyond my duties and still got the shaft it wasn't until later (older and wiser) I realized how cocky and arrogant I was and that my attitude prevented my rise, not my work ethic or butt smooching.

But at the same time, I've seen morons rise up because they have their heads wore ****es as helmets.

sadly enough the primary purposes for law enforcement seem to center on record keeping and filling out forms for insurance claims. Followed by dangerous high speed chasing of people, a bit like an OCD dog and a tennis ball.

As far as the justice system goes, it's all we have, and the best, fairest in the world. It does protect the guilty and innocent alike. If YOU were accused, and innocent, what would you want? A screaming mob driven by the opinion of lunatics, or a court room? In our system a few guilty go free and a few innocent go to jail, the guilty go on to commit more crimes and get caught again, the innocent have the appeals process. Not perfect but like I said, it's all we have.

We need more of them I say.

Handicapped Woman Calls 911 During Brutal Beating by Cops | The Daily Sheeple

Deborah Fenwick was an eyewitness to the assault-by-cop. “That woman was not resisting, I saw it. That woman doesn’t have a violent bone in her body. She’s got a heart of gold. If she would have understood the officer’s commands in the first place, she would have absolutely complied with him.”

The officer’s report places the blame firmly on Graham. “As the officer approached, Graham squared off against him in a fighter’s stance and attempted to strike him with closed fists. (The officer) responded with closed fist strikes to Graham’s face which brought her to the ground where she was handcuffed.”

Most would expect the police to protect a defenseless woman from being beaten black and blue by two men, but after this shocking display of police brutality, perhaps the Federal Way Police Department needs to change their slogan from “To Protect and Serve” to “To Punch and Subjugate”.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top