JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

Right!!!!

Same kind of crap happens almost everyday here in America and almost NONE of the cops are held accountable!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And someone said we should just trust the justice system. Let the cops handle it? No its the legal system, two totally different things theses days. A Justice system would hold the cops accountable for MURDER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am not saying we should all go crazy and start being vigilantes but come on, cops murder innocent people all the time and would please anybody show me where they are held accountable. 95% of the time the cops get off scott free. Our "Legal" system sucks! Really bad!

What makes America great is the justice system and it's ideal of upholding individual rights.

You have got to be kidding! There are good parts to our justice system but there are equally and I think more corruption and injustices in our legal system. It is not the legal system that makes America great. Its the America people and their will, determination and fight to make things right, to help people and our country to survive and live in prosperity and peace.

Our justice system is not what makes America great.

I was born in 1970 and even I can see how dishonorable the government and the legal system is getting. Seems there are way too many people working in and for the system to want to change it. People will let the county die for their power and their perks.

Seems there are way too many people working in and for the system to want to change it. People will let the county die for their power and their perks.
I do believe over the last thirty years governmental employment has the highest rate of growth versus most other industries, maybe except the High Tech Industry.

The War On Drugs saw a big jump in growth for law enforcement, prisons and judiciary type jobs.

I do believe over the last thirty years governmental employment has the highest rate of growth versus most other industries, maybe except the High Tech Industry.

The War On Drugs saw a big jump in growth for law enforcement, prisons and judiciary type jobs.

And they say the government workers make almost twice or more then twice the pay as a non government worker does. I imagine the benefits are supper nice as well.

I just saw a news story on Drudge I think that said the government workers can even get unemployment while doing their furlongs. Something just aint right about that I just know it.

Here it is...http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2013/05/29/furloughed-federal-workers-can-collect-unemployment/ ...always something.

"Bill Coleman, a mechanical engineer who works for the Navy, expects to be furloughed for 11 days this summer. He will try to recoup some of his $4,400 in lost pay through unemployment claims."

Who is this "they"? Factually, the truth is that government pays about 21% more for workers with a high school education, but the difference grows less the more education that the employee has and at the top (masters and PHD's) it is private industry that pays better. How do you just run around and spout this stuff without checking?

Oh, and did you know that governments employers and employees pay into the unemployment fund too? Seems like it should be available to them too, they pay as much into it as you do.

And they say the government workers make almost twice or more then twice the pay as a non government worker does. I imagine the benefits are supper nice as well.

I just saw a news story on Drudge I think that said the government workers can even get unemployment while doing their furlongs. Something just aint right about that I just know it.

Here it is...Furloughed federal workers can collect unemployment ? CNN Political Ticker - CNN.com Blogs ...always something.

"Bill Coleman, a mechanical engineer who works for the Navy, expects to be furloughed for 11 days this summer. He will try to recoup some of his $4,400 in lost pay through unemployment claims."

Who is this "they"? Factually, the truth is that government pays about 21% more for workers with a high school education, but the difference grows less the more education that the employee has and at the top (masters and PHD's) it is private industry that pays better. How do you just run around and spout this stuff without checking?

Oh, and did you know that governments employers and employees pay into the unemployment fund too? Seems like it should be available to them too, they pay as much into it as you do.

I have to go for now But just wait and I'll do some checking. I think you sir, need to do some checking as well. Soon I'll give you something to spout off as well. :p

Alright, I am back and I will apologize. When the benefits are added to the pay, the federal government employees receive on average twice as much compensation as the private worker. Go ahead and spout. :p

FactCheck.org : Are Federal Workers Overpaid?

Overpaid Federal Workers | Downsizing the Federal Government

"In 2010, federal civilian workers had an average wage of $83,679, according to data from the U.S. Bureau of Economic Analysis.5 By comparison, the average wage of the nation's 101 million private-sector workers was $51,986. Figure 1 shows average federal- and private-sector wages since 2000, and it reveals that the federal pay advantage over private workers has been increasing steadily.

When benefits such as health care and pensions are included, the federal compensation advantage over private workers is even larger, according to the BEA data. In 2010, federal worker compensation averaged $126,141, or double the private-sector average of $62,757. Figure 2 shows that average federal compensation has grown rapidly over the last decade."

<broken link removed>

"President Obama's proposal to freeze most federal workers' salaries has intensified the debate over whether U.S. government employees are overpaid.

A report by the libertarian Cato Institute says that in 2009, the average federal civilian wage was $81,258 per year, compared with $50,462 in the private sector, based on U.S. Bureau of Economic Analysis data.

If you add benefits, total compensation was $123,049, roughly twice the private-sector average of $61,051."

A bit more....

http://blog.heritage.org/2013/03/01...-federal-employees-its-not-just-a-perception/

"A reality check is needed here. Numerous independent analyses&#8212;including from The Heritage Foundation, the American Enterprise Institute, and the Congressional Budget Office&#8212;find that compensation for federal employees is higher than for comparable private-sector workers. The Government Accountability Office recently summarized the results of these studies:

As these studies indicate, overcompensation of federal workers is a widely acknowledged fact, not a mere "perception" generated from a dark corner of the Internet. And far from "bashing" federal workers, these studies are calling attention to a serious fiscal problem&#8212;the overcharging of taxpayers for federal personnel costs. Should we just ignore this problem because some federal employees are offended?"

Well you completely confused me. First we were talking about Police Officers and specifically local government (as in Cities and Counties) ones. Then you said that government workers (your exact words) make twice as much as private workers and I associated the two subjects together. So I assumed that you were talking about all government employees. Apparently you just took off and completely changed the topic. In that sense, the articles that you highlighted give State and Local Government workers a lead in salary and benefits of about 10 percent. Now those are government workers and according to everything that I read and according to the articles that you highlighted, they are about 10% above their counterparts in private industry, in salary and benefits. Now you change it to Federal workers and the information is pretty strong that Federal workers get almost double what private workers get and almost double what State and Local government employees get. I agree with you there, but you are changing the board so fast to suite your argument that it is hard to keep up. I also completely agree that salary and benefits have to be combined so I think in that context your statement that they make twice as much is right on target. The feds benefits are incredible, but please don't lump that as government workers because there are two tales to tell. Combined, Federal, State and Local government workers, as I said make about 21 percent more as the the Feds are the ones that pull the rate up and State and Local govt. pull the average way down.

The system is broke has been broke and will continue to be so.

There is something to be said for countries that cut off a hand for stealing, not give room and board at tax payer expense.
There is something to be said for countries for rape you are castrated, not paroled back into the town you committed the crime at.
There is something to be said for countries that hang a man for rape of a child, not give him counseling and a job.

You want to know why Americans are not happy with the justice system?
Our own president commits treason and our secretary of states watches Americans die?
Now why should we feel there would be justice for us, when there is no justice for any !

Preach it, brother Salted.

Who cares what $$$$$$$$$$$ tyrants pay into some system?

The system is broke has been broke and will continue to be so.

There is something to be said for countries that cut off a hand for stealing, not give room and board at tax payer expense.
There is something to be said for countries for rape you are castrated, not paroled back into the town you committed the crime at.
There is something to be said for countries that hang a man for rape of a child, not give him counseling and a job.

You want to know why Americans are not happy with the justice system?
Our own president commits treason and our secretary of states watches Americans die?
Now why should we feel there would be justice for us, when there is no justice for any !

Well said. Might as well mention the Attorney General who as the chief leo in the US sets a very low bar. If perjury, obstruction, and ignoring protections laid out in the Bill of Rights are acceptable, how low will they stoop?

I can't believe that they are allowing bail. He probably won't be able to raise the money.....but he should never see the light of day again. Never.
To allow bail is lunacy.

I for one disagree with you - you molest a innocent and you deserve what you get in my opinion. I would have done the same.

James Ruby

Well you completely confused me. First we were talking about Police Officers and specifically local government (as in Cities and Counties) ones. Then you said that government workers (your exact words) make twice as much as private workers and I associated the two subjects together. So I assumed that you were talking about all government employees. Apparently you just took off and completely changed the topic. In that sense, the articles that you highlighted give State and Local Government workers a lead in salary and benefits of about 10 percent. Now those are government workers and according to everything that I read and according to the articles that you highlighted, they are about 10% above their counterparts in private industry, in salary and benefits. Now you change it to Federal workers and the information is pretty strong that Federal workers get almost double what private workers get and almost double what State and Local government employees get. I agree with you there, but you are changing the board so fast to suite your argument that it is hard to keep up. I also completely agree that salary and benefits have to be combined so I think in that context your statement that they make twice as much is right on target. The feds benefits are incredible, but please don't lump that as government workers because there are two tales to tell. Combined, Federal, State and Local government workers, as I said make about 21 percent more as the the Feds are the ones that pull the rate up and State and Local govt. pull the average way down.

Sorry. :D I only believe about half of it anyways. :s0112: I find it very easy to believe that the governments numbers may have been fudged.
Sorta like the national unemployement rate around 8%...hahahahahaaa...riiiiight.

This thread is an absolute embarrassment. There are folks posting that scream at the top of their lungs "Bill of Right's, 2A, justice, Constitution" but whose own postings suggest they could careless about those things. It's an embarrassment that in at least one case the thread got side tracked about who makes more money. It's an embarrassment that in a society where individual rights are assured by the Bill of Rights and the ideals of the Constitution are the envy of free people world wide that there are some here who could careless because "vigilante justice" is easier than trying to live up to the ideals of our founding documents. I am having a seriously hard time deciphering the difference between the hard core leftist liberal insanity and what is becoming the norm for conservative folks.

[
QUOTE=Father of four;894902]And they say the government workers make almost twice or more then twice the pay as a non government worker does. I imagine the benefits are supper nice as well.

We don't make twice as much or even one and a half times as much.

Not here in Oregon. We are not allowed to collect any unemployment while being furloughed.

"
Bill Coleman, a mechanical engineer who works for the Navy, expects to be furloughed for 11 days this summer. He will try to recoup some of his $4,400 in lost pay through unemployment claims."
[/QUOTE]

Again, not here in Oregon for any State County or City workers.

You shouldn't belive everything you read or go around posting it until you have the facts.

Didn't our country used to be more like that?

Thief would be on the chain gang.

Murderer would be on the end of a rope in seven days time.

Dishonored public officials would be hounded out of town.

What happened?

This thread is an absolute embarrassment. There are folks posting that scream at the top of their lungs "Bill of Right's, 2A, justice, Constitution" but whose own postings suggest they could careless about those things. It's an embarrassment that in at least one case the thread got side tracked about who makes more money. It's an embarrassment that in a society where individual rights are assured by the Bill of Rights and the ideals of the Constitution are the envy of free people world wide that there are some here who could careless because "vigilante justice" is easier than trying to live up to the ideals of our founding documents. I am having a seriously hard time deciphering the difference between the hard core leftist liberal insanity and what is becoming the norm for conservative folks.

The disconnect is the concept of justice opposed to the reality of law enforcement.
If you want people to support the police and the rule of law, stop allowing plea bargaining and early release of dangerous criminals.
Expand and enforce the death penalty promptly for heinous crimes. Make criminals work hard labor every day they are incarcerated.

Vigilante justice has it's place too, IMHO. Especially when the perp is caught in the act.
If I were the father of that raped baby, well lets just say I would not be calling the police....

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top