JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
We need more vigilantes and less cops

I understand the frustration with the justice system but to suggest vigilante justice is insane. What makes America great is the justice system and it's ideal of upholding individual rights. Is a person not innocent until proven guilty? Is a person entitled to a trial by a jury of his peers? Does George Zimmerman deserve a trial?

It amazes me that those on a gun forum who preach Constitutional rights can be so flippant about them when it doesn't suit them. Vigilante justice is just another name for anarchy. Viginlante justice is just another name for a death penalty for every crime.

How does the justice system operate if we don't have LEO's to investigate crimes?

Nope, what should have happened is that after the initial conviction, the slime bag should have been hung or shot in the head, and this never would have happened.

Instead, he received police protection, a nice place to live while incarcerated, and likely an early release due to the overcrowding of the jails and prisons by the law enforcement that is busy filling them up with minor offenders, like tax evaders or those who are behind on child support.

There needs to be a "sheriff" in town, but not to pester and bully citizens. I hate to see situations like this story, but the fact of the matter is that the system allowed it to happen. We have become too politically correct to see the right course of action should be putting offenders like this to death.

Agreed

ETA: And once again...The police have no responsibility to protect anyone.

They are required however to protect a prisoner in their custody.

I understand the frustration with the justice system but to suggest vigilante justice is insane. What makes America great is the justice system and it's ideal of upholding individual rights. Is a person not innocent until proven guilty? Is a person entitled to a trial by a jury of his peers? Does George Zimmerman deserve a trial?

It amazes me that those on a gun forum who preach Constitutional rights can be so flippant about them when it doesn't suit them. Vigilante justice is just another name for anarchy. Viginlante justice is just another name for a death penalty for every crime.

How does the justice system operate if we don't have LEO's to investigate crimes?

You've got to be kidding.

Your "insanity" is my justice. The system is broken and it's the only solution left. The Constitution and BORs are being violated on a regular basis by those you would empower, and violent criminals walk the streets, seemingly immune

Ad Hominem attack, pointless post

It always makes me chuckle when people are so obsessive about making personal attacks like yours, over and over, using a logic that defies any sense of balance, but then whine so loudly when anyone says anything about them. Sorry to hurt your fillings man but your anarchist philosophy is not well. Just trying to be honest.

It always makes me chuckle when people are so obsessive about making personal attacks like yours, over and over, using a logic that defies any sense of balance, but then whine so loudly when anyone says anything about them. Sorry to hurt your fillings man but your anarchist philosophy is not well. Just trying to be honest.

I'm far from an anarchist but I live in the real world that is crumbling around my ears. I would love a true, functioning justice system based on the BORs.. it does not exist. I also only go after an opponent with facts, not petty insults as you did. You have yet to make sense. You can't hurt my wittle feewings, pal

The douche bag lives in Alaska...he should be tried, convicted, and receive a little Alaskan justice for his punishment. Take him out into the woods, shackle him to the biggest tree they can find...and let nature take it's course. Between the wolves and the bears he won't be bothering anyone else...ever.

I don't think the world is crumbling around your ears. It is changing though. That will always happen and always has. Some people do not adopt to change as well as others but I have to warn you that more changes are coming and you will have to be able to deal with them on a realistic basis. I too have been around for many years. I do not care for all the changes and I do agree that the justice system needs some work. I was in college in the late '60's. Took some Law Classes. You know what he crisis of that day was? That the criminal justice system was broke and that it weighed too heavily on the side of he criminal. You know what else? That the police were too militarized and not representative enough of the community. That the police were not close enough to the community. In other words, pal, the exact same issues as today. America is a free country and our freedom is always our obsession. That is part if what makes us great. From the day this country was formed, we have been anti-government. It is very much a part of our Constitution. I appreciate, I honestly do, that you have concerns about Justice and that you watch our Police closely. That is an American thing to do. That you point out police and government abuse is also admirable. But to believe, even for a minute that any sense of Justice is better served by letting angry people run around around and lynch those people who they think are not living correctly is one of the most stupid things I have heard here. We have been through that before and it did not work out well at all. Yes, it gets me pissed that so many "guilty" people don't pay their dues but remember the system is back loaded to protect against any possible sort of police abuse, something you seem to be pretty fixated on. So before you gun up and start shooting people and before you tell the police the right way to do their jobs, think it through a bit first.

I don't think the world is crumbling around your ears. It is changing though. That will always happen and always has. Some people do not adopt to change as well as others but I have to warn you that more changes are coming and you will have to be able to deal with them on a realistic basis. I too have been around for many years. I do not care for all the changes and I do agree that the justice system needs some work. I was in college in the late '60's. Took some Law Classes. You know what he crisis of that day was? That the criminal justice system was broke and that it weighed too heavily on the side of he criminal. You know what else? That the police were too militarized and not representative enough of the community. That the police were not close enough to the community. In other words, pal, the exact same issues as today. America is a free country and our freedom is always our obsession. That is part if what makes us great. From the day this country was formed, we have been anti-government. It is very much a part of our Constitution. I appreciate, I honestly do, that you have concerns about Justice and that you watch our Police closely. That is an American thing to do. That you point out police and government abuse is also admirable. But to believe, even for a minute that any sense of Justice is better served by letting angry people run around around and lynch those people who they think are not living correctly is one of the most stupid things I have heard here. We have been through that before and it did not work out well at all. Yes, it gets me pissed that so many "guilty" people don't pay their dues but remember the system is back loaded to protect against any possible sort of police abuse, something you seem to be pretty fixated on. So before you gun up and start shooting people and before you tell the police the right way to do their jobs, think it through a bit first.

So, since the police have been failing, by your assessment, since at least the late '60's we should give them more room for their illegal acts today? Wow. Another victim.

Almost 1,000,000 police on the streets is a slap in the face to anyone calling themselves an American. Americans take care of themselves. We are governed by a set of principles, not a police sate tat tell us what we can and cannot do.

So, before you defend te cops that assault you everyday, think it through a bit first. Go aheadand give up yor individuality and your rights. You should strongly consider allowing the free Americans around you to go about their business. Suckling up to teet of the state will not get you a nicer tent at the FEMA camp.

So, since the police have been failing, by your assessment, since at least the late '60's we should give them more room for their illegal acts today? Wow. Another victim.

Almost 1,000,000 police on the streets is a slap in the face to anyone calling themselves an American. Americans take care of themselves. We are governed by a set of principles, not a police sate tat tell us what we can and cannot do.

So, before you defend te cops that assault you everyday, think it through a bit first. Go aheadand give up yor individuality and your rights. You should strongly consider allowing the free Americans around you to go about their business. Suckling up to teet of the state will not get you a nicer tent at the FEMA camp.

First off, I never defended anyone, so stop putting words into what I didn't say. I also never said that we should give cops more room, in fact i said just the opposite. I just stated a couple of opinions. If you are gonna argue by lying, then I can't argue with you. The "let me make up what you said so I can poke holes in it" thing is pretty dishonest. I have also never been beat up by police, much yet beat up every day. Do you think that might be a bit of an overstatement? I have also never suckled the teet of the state. Your emotionalism over this issue, which causes you to exaggerate to the point of simply lying, is pretty tell tale.

In the end though, you never even read my post, you just looked for highlights so you could try to make a snappy reply. My post also doesn't say that the police have been failing, by my assessment or any other. Again, read and comprehend. It was more philosophical in speaking about the American philosophy and as a result the difficulty of policing here. As I said before, which you apparently skipped over too, pointing out any government abuse is a good thing to do. You have to look beyond the Lars factor and actually evaluate things in order to really be able to discuss them with some intelligence. This "lets get our guns and kill them all" crap is just that. It fixes nothing, in fact it just creates a more serious group of problems. Being frustrated is one thing. Being stupid is another.

So, facts do go out the window in favor of attacks. Your previous post speaks for itself. Attempts to alter it now mean nothing. If you have no emotional investment in your freedom, I feel sorry for you. Stop defending the criminals(that is in fact what you are doing). Deciding what is "telltale" based solely on inference, is silly.

P.S. "vigilante's" used to just be called "Americans", until a police state was established, proclaiming all self-reliance as "vigilantes" who have "gone around" the law. Since my vigilanteism(is that a word? Spelling?) was her first, take your police state back to Europe.

If the police do it why shouldn't we?

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads